The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it's that, I've not seen the Green Mile but isn't it about prison?
Original post by puddledancer
Okay so it's set in America possibly about the civil war time and its about this black man who takes care of a (/some) white child(ren) and there are all these klukluxklan's and they whip the man and stuff and set his stable on fire so he has to shoot his horse so they sentence him to death. There is other stuff I remember like his wife being buried in the garden and he can't afford seed's for his farm because of his race.

Any help would be appriciated (:

A quick google search didn't bring up anything using the words you said, but if you think you would remember the title if you heard it again this might be worth a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_Civil_War_films
Black Legion?
I don't think it's that, I've not seen the Green Mile but isn't it about prison?

Yeah it's about a black guy who get's placed on death row when he get's found with 2 dead white children. But then it turns out he's a lot more special then they thought originally etc...it's a good watch.
Original post by winter_snow
A quick google search didn't bring up anything using the words you said, but if you think you would remember the title if you heard it again this might be worth a look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_Civil_War_films

I browsed them but I don't recognise any. I only suggested Civil War because of the clothing and horses and stuff but it could of been set earlier.
Original post by JLXP
Black Legion?

No :frown:
I browsed them but I don't recognise any. I only suggested Civil War because of the clothing and horses and stuff but it could of been set earlier.

oh okay, sorry i couldn't be of more help...hope you find it soon:smile:
Reply 207

The Ku Klux Klan was founded in the 1860s, so it's probably set after rather than before the Civil War. :smile:
Original post by cannella
The Ku Klux Klan was founded in the 1860s, so it's probably set later rather than earlier than the Civil War. :smile:

Oh well around that time then, it was years ago that I watched the film but it has been bugging me for ages.
missisipi burning has the kukluxklan in it but ive personally never seen it so not sure :/
Original post by EllieJelly96
missisipi burning has the kukluxklan in it but ive personally never seen it so not sure :/

Doesn't sound like it's that film; it's set in the 60s and no one's sentenced to death in it. It's a brilliant film, though; watch it. :smile:
Birth of a nation?

*Very old though*
Original post by LadyRowena
Doesn't sound like it's that film; it's set in the 60s and no one's sentenced to death in it. It's a brilliant film, though; watch it. :smile:

ok sorry :smile: i will do
Original post by Lilrascal19
Birth of a nation?

*Very old though*

No, it's a full colour and sound film

It's not mentioned and its more about the Black man than the KKK :frown:
:iiam:
Roots?
Original post by U.S Lecce
Roots?

Nope

Original post by whattheheck
:iiam:

D:
I think you might be talking about 'High Lonesome'?
It's the first thing that came to my head when I read the description but I watched it like 8737634 years ago so I may be wrong. :biggrin:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113040/
...well apparently the original title is 'A father for Charlie'
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SittingOnCornflakes
I think you might be talking about 'High Lonesome'?
It's the first thing that came to my head when I read the description but I watched it like 8737634 years ago so I may be wrong. :biggrin:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113040/
...well apparently the original title is 'A father for Charlie'

THIS IS IT :biggrin:

Thanks! Lol

Quick Reply

Latest