The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6060
Original post by Saffron
Aww can you please give me an overview of what it's like? I couldn't go and I'd love to know!! :colondollar:

Btw guys, Ive reached my 47 lines and I've typed up my PS with everything in it... but its 4636 characters long with spaces?! what do I do?

I went to Kings - I really loved it. :biggrin: Guy's campus seems to be just for medicine, so it's a nice little area with all the medicine buildings etc, in a little park thing. I would say it was my favourite campus out of all I've visited, but now I have to decide if I want to live in London or not. Guy's campus is in a very touristy area (London Bridge) so depends what you want really.
Reply 6061
Original post by Loulibelle
In other news... I never knew I was so terrible at maths!! I can't do ANY of these questions in 30 seconds!! x

Apparently the 600 Q book's QR is harder than the real test, so don't panic too much. :P
Reply 6062
Original post by SylveeDiggs
It seems like people doing the UKCAT early are getting such fantastic scores which worries me as mine's late september :frown: wondering if i should change my date now

I don't think dates matter cuz the question bank does not change, it remains constant for the entire cycle
Original post by Limitless

You need maths upto GCSE level.

I got A* maths and A* stats for GCSE and A for maths module in Jan...

I don't know why I find these so difficult!!

:frown:
Original post by liviaaa

Original post by liviaaa
Apparently the 600 Q book's QR is harder than the real test, so don't panic too much. :P

That's good!! Thanks :biggrin: x
I got A* maths and A* stats for GCSE and A for maths module in Jan...

I don't know why I find these so difficult!!

:frown:

Maybe you need to brush up on your mental arithmatic.

Maybe you need to brush up on your mental arithmatic.

Seems that way!! x
Seems that way!! x

I'm the same, A*'s at GCSE, predicted A for AS, but still finding this simple maths somewhat tricky lol
Original post by EternalDoom
I'm the same, A*'s at GCSE, predicted A for AS, but still finding this simple maths somewhat tricky lol

This. I would much prefer AS style questions and proper algebra. :puppyeyes:
Original post by oHellno
This. I would much prefer AS style questions and proper algebra. :puppyeyes:

Differentiation and integration ftw! :P
Reply 6070
Ahhh my voluntary work is going to pot! I can't get it anywhere! I've tried and tried through volunteer scotland and then gave up and tried via old folks homes in my area and i can't get anything :/ disaster! As for the ukcat, i cannot do verbal reasoning :L but for some odd reason i am good at abstract reasoning :smile: i just hope to god that i get the results i need to even apply :smile:
Original post by LHC
Ahhh my voluntary work is going to pot! I can't get it anywhere! I've tried and tried through volunteer scotland and then gave up and tried via old folks homes in my area and i can't get anything :/ disaster! As for the ukcat, i cannot do verbal reasoning :L but for some odd reason i am good at abstract reasoning :smile: i just hope to god that i get the results i need to even apply :smile:

I'm in the same boat about the volunteering. Who knew it is so difficult, I mean I WANT TO WORK FOR FREE And I still can't get in anywhere.
Reply 6072
I'm in the same boat about the volunteering. Who knew it is so difficult, I mean I WANT TO WORK FOR FREE And I still can't get in anywhere.

oh thank god someone else is too. Yeah it's insane! And also if you manage to find a voluntary work placement it might not even end there because if it's to do with working with people then you have to go through disclosure which is an absolute pain in the bum! :L and takes ages :/ The easiest place is a charity shop but there's no point me getting it in there because i work in boots as a healthcare assistant anyway and it's the same sort of thing :/ so i have no idea what to do :L
Original post by LHC
oh thank god someone else is too. Yeah it's insane! And also if you manage to find a voluntary work placement it might not even end there because if it's to do with working with people then you have to go through disclosure which is an absolute pain in the bum! :L and takes ages :/ The easiest place is a charity shop but there's no point me getting it in there because i work in boots as a healthcare assistant anyway and it's the same sort of thing :/ so i have no idea what to do :L

All the charity shops in my town have really big waiting lists, I manage to sort some volunteering out at the hospital but I want some more so I'm trying care homes tomorrow. I've just googled care homes and going to ring all the ones near my area. Hopefully I will get somewhere. I'm also trying to get some paid work but with no relevent experience in retail it is impossible.
Reply 6074
All the charity shops in my town have really big waiting lists, I manage to sort some volunteering out at the hospital but I want some more so I'm trying care homes tomorrow. I've just googled care homes and going to ring all the ones near my area. Hopefully I will get somewhere. I'm also trying to get some paid work but with no relevent experience in retail it is impossible.

Seriously :O? A lot of them in my town have plenty of spaces! Ah how did you manage to get it at the hospital :smile:? LIke what do you do when you volunteer at the hospital :smile:? I have tried a carehome close to me and they said they'd send me out the disclosure forms, that was a week ago and i've heard nothing since so i'm beginning to feel like this is another letdown. I know once i go back to school that i'll be volunteering in a disabled primary school but that is a bit too close to the time where we need to write our personal statements :/ well i hope you get somewhere too :smile: oh yeah it is hellish at the moment to get a job in retail. I ended up getting into boots as a christmas temp last year which was really hard to do and then i was one of the lucky ones that got kept on. So now they're training me on healthcare so that i can listen to the customers symptoms and recommend them medication etc :smile:
Reply 6075
Original post by Straight up G
Basically, I just cant ****ing do itno matter how hard I try

Did you manage any of the 4 BMAT q's brah? The chemistry one is well weird :rolleyes:
Original post by Nator
Did you manage any of the 4 BMAT q's brah? The chemistry one is well weird :rolleyes:

Chemistry? :colone:

PM me it? :ninja:
Reply 6077
Original post by oHellno
Chemistry? :colone:

PM me it? :ninja:

If you want :laugh:
Original post by LHC
Seriously :O? A lot of them in my town have plenty of spaces! Ah how did you manage to get it at the hospital :smile:? LIke what do you do when you volunteer at the hospital :smile:? I have tried a carehome close to me and they said they'd send me out the disclosure forms, that was a week ago and i've heard nothing since so i'm beginning to feel like this is another letdown. I know once i go back to school that i'll be volunteering in a disabled primary school but that is a bit too close to the time where we need to write our personal statements :/ well i hope you get somewhere too :smile: oh yeah it is hellish at the moment to get a job in retail. I ended up getting into boots as a christmas temp last year which was really hard to do and then i was one of the lucky ones that got kept on. So now they're training me on healthcare so that i can listen to the customers symptoms and recommend them medication etc :smile:

To get it at a hospital I rang up my local hospital asked them to put me through to the volunteering line, which they did had a talk with the person that was there who told me there is a space available at my local hospital and she will send the paperwork out the next day it took 1-2 weeks to arrive filled everything in and sent it back waiting like a month and heard no reply so I rang up asking what's going and she said she never got a reply from one of my references so they couldn't proceed so I went to the teacher who was my reference and asked him to do it again he did waited another couple of weeks and got invited to an interview thingy it was really informal we just talked and filled in my CRB check sent it off waited another month for the results to come back everything was clean rang up again asking what I do now and she organised a induction day for me next week which is when I get the id badge and I probably start the week after.
I went to charity shops and they said come back in a month as the manager was on holiday when I came back she said she has a lot of volunteers working at the moment so come back in 4 weeks so I'll try again in two weeks because two weeks are done.
My friend got some volunteering work in a care home so I'm going to ask if they can take me on aswell and because I've got the results from my CRB check I might be able to fast track it.
I feel really bad about paid work I got rejected from aldi :redface:
Reply 6079
Original post by Straight up G
Basically, I just cant ****ing do itno matter how hard I try

Dw about the chem one man, MaturePharm told me how to do it :biggrin: Lemme know if you managed the other 3

Latest

Trending

Trending