The Student Room Group

Feel guilty, leaked on bfs bed:O

Woke up today to find that not only had I started my period but it was heavy and leaked on to my bfs bed. I must have started at night but was unaware because it's always light to begin with and I had nothing on too :facepalm:

To make it worse it went through the sheets and stained his bed. Ive tried scrubbing it's not comming off :O

Halp!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
meh flip the mattress and move on with your life. It'll probably wash off the mattress cover with enough washing, if not worst scenario they bin it. It's not something you can help, things happen. If he kicks up a fuss or gets grossed out then he needs to grow up a little. Hell I've had this happen with a friend let alone a significant other, It's a total non issue. We made a joke of it in the end, though in all fairness she was shocked and really embarrassed at first as I imagine you are.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Try cold water, and I think salt helps get blood out.
Other than that, just tell him/offer to get him a new mattress?
Don't see why you have to be a troll, this is a perfectly plausible situation :s-smilie: OP, don't worry about it. Try your best to clean it but unless your boyfriend is a douche, he will understand that girls have periods which can come on at unfortunate times and you accidentally made a bit of a mess. Don't try and hide it from him as I don't see it as a massive worry tbh. If you've only been going out a few weeks compared to a few years I would understand you'd be worried, but either way he should understand and be fine with it.
Reply 4
Do people understand that mattresses are expensive?
Original post by duracell
Try cold water, and I think salt helps get blood out.
Other than that, just tell him/offer to get him a new mattress?

Salt? I've never heard that one before. Have you tried it?
:rofl:

Burn it off
Flip the mattress over and change the sheets, binning the old ones. He will have no idea, save yourself the embarrassment
Cillit bang! Bang and the dirt is gone!
Reply 9
Original post by Jingers
Do people understand that mattresses are expensive?

Yeah, hence you flip it over. (though depends on the quality of the mattress. Price is relative, you can get decent ones under £100, or you can spend a lot more.). I mean once you've attacked the stain, yeah okay it might still be there but it's not a hygiene issue. It's just discolouration which isn't going to come out. Use a dark mattress sheet afterwards and think about replacing it in the long term.
Reply 10
Why would he care? It's natural and it happens.
Reply 11
Guys understand that girls have periods! If he is angry etc then he is probably too immature for a relationship anyway
Reply 12
I don't get why people find this so funny. It's probably happened to loads of people :s-smilie: OP just wash the sheets, it should come out fine. If not you can get them stain devil things from the supermarket. I once got blood on the back of some pumps that rubbed me and the stain devil got it out fine.
Original post by Anonymous

Woke up today to find that not only had I started my period but it was heavy and leaked on to my bfs bed. I must have started at night but was unaware because it's always light to begin with and I had nothing on too :facepalm:

To make it worse it went through the sheets and stained his bed. Ive tried scrubbing it's not comming off :O

Halp!

I had a leaking problem into mattress situation before. I got a vanish oxi action stick thing, rubbed it into the stain, and scrubbed. Came out completely. But I did that the same morning. If you leave it longer, you might not be as lucky.
Reply 14
Oh god this is bringing back memories-twelve years old and starting my period for first time, waking up in my strict grandmothers house with the bed covered in blood, scrubbing and scrubbing but it not coming off, even resorting to pouring perfume on it.... :facepalm:

Such an embarrassing situation but you've got to tell him--he's probably be okay about it! You're close enough to have sex and mess the sheets up that way. x
Reply 15
Original post by joey11223
meh flip the mattress and move on with your life. It'll probably wash off the mattress cover with enough washing, if not worst scenario they bin it. It's not something you can help, things happen. If he kicks up a fuss or gets grossed out then he needs to grow up a little. Hell I've had this happen with a friend let alone a significant other, It's a total non issue. We made a joke of it in the end, though in all fairness she was shocked and really embarrassed at first as I imagine you are.

Thanks I am so embarassed. I dont think he will kick a fuss, but he might think i'm weird. It's a king size bed too.
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I suspect so but you could be right !

Why would this have to be a troll? :s-smilie:

Anyway for the OP or anyone reading this... Cold water works best for blood stains. Hydrogen peroxide causes blood to bubble up out of the fibers in the sheet, so things like oxyclean will work wonders. Salt works very well as well, but only if it's used immediately.
If I was your boyfriend id flip the mattress, flip you over and do you doggy style. :sexface:

If your boyfriend does care then you should seriously consider getting involved with someone more mature.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Thanks I am so embarassed. I dont think he will kick a fuss, but he might think i'm weird. It's a king size bed too.

Understandable being embarrassed. I wouldn't let it bother you though. It's happened to me with a girlfriend before, she was devastated and was really upset about it. I really didn't mind at all, took me about 2 hours to convince her though.

She made me a really nice dinner anyway and supplied me with much wine and an intimate evening as a means of apology :biggrin: She didn't have to, but I was hardly going to refuse!
Reply 19
Original post by Evangelica
I had a leaking problem into mattress situation before. I got a vanish oxi action stick thing, rubbed it into the stain, and scrubbed. Came out completely. But I did that the same morning. If you leave it longer, you might not be as lucky.

What stick thing is it?

Quick Reply

Latest