The Student Room Group

how to take out nipple bar?

Ok so it won't let me make this post anon as there is no box for it :s-smilie:

But anyway, basically I'm a 20 year old girl with my nipple pierced, had it pierced for about six months now. I have other piercings and tattoos, including one in a risque place , but my parents don't know about the nipple piercing as it would be odd to tell them. I think my mum would be bothered, although I have various tattoos. I've not been bothered about telling them until now, but I'm going on holiday with them on sunday and I'm **** scared it's going to set off the metal detector. I've tried taking the ball off but it is wayyy too tight.

My question is,

a) how the hell do i get the ball off?
b) would a nipple bar normally set off the airport detectors
c) if neither of these, how would I go about telling my mother. I can't just be like, hey mum, by the way i've got my nipple pierced.

I know I'm 20 but she still acts like i'm about 16.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi :colonhash:
Reply 2
I've went through metal detectors with 12+ piercings and never set it off.If you can't unscrew it by hand you need the special tool. When you screw it back on do it by hand
Reply 3
Original post by BKS
I've went through metal detectors with 12+ piercings and never set it off.If you can't unscrew it by hand you need the special tool. When you screw it back on do it by hand

what special tool lol? You reckon I should just risk it..
Reply 4
Original post by Huskaris
Hi :colonhash:

Bye.
Reply 5
Original post by AKWxxx
Bye.

Tough crowd :-(
Reply 6
Original post by AKWxxx
what special tool lol? You reckon I should just risk it..

I don't think it's a risk. How huge is this nipple bar that you think it's going to set of the metal detector? Do you think they are designed to go off every time a tiny piece of metal goes through them?

The one that piercers have- I have no idea what it's called. If it's on too tight to take off by hand then odds are they used it to get it on
Reply 7
Original post by Huskaris
Tough crowd :-(

Tough world
Original post by AKWxxx

But anyway, basically I'm a 20 year old girl with my nipple pierced, had it pierced for about six months now. I have other piercings and tattoos, including one in a risque place , but my parents don't know about the nipple piercing as it would be odd to tell them. I think my mum would be bothered, although I have various tattoos. I've not been bothered about telling them until now, but I'm going on holiday with them on sunday and I'm **** scared it's going to set off the metal detector. I've tried taking the ball off but it is wayyy too tight.

My question is,

c) if neither of these, how would I go about telling my mother. I can't just be like, hey mum, by the way i've got my nipple pierced.

Somehow I can;t imagine heathrow security shouting "MAM!! Please put your nipples where we can see them and put your hands in the air!"
Hence, you'll probably be taken somewhere private.
or
Magnets :smile:

Choose an option.

Also, why the hell did you get your nipple pierced :s-smilie:
People confuse me.
Reply 9
Original post by BKS
I don't think it's a risk. How huge is this nipple bar that you think it's going to set of the metal detector? Do you think they are designed to go off every time a tiny piece of metal goes through them?

The one that piercers have- I have no idea what it's called. If it's on too tight to take off by hand then odds are they used it to get it on

Not huge, just a normal nipple bar. I'll take your word for it then. I don't know how sensitive metal detectors are so I wouldnt know.
Wear latex gloves when you unscrew the ball and it will come off easily. The same thing happened to me when I got my belly button pierced: I thought the ball thing would never come off, went all the way back to the place where I got it done only to have the woman undo it in about 2 seconds :tongue:
Original post by AKWxxx
Haha I realise that but would still be a tad embarrasing!

and why do people get their ears pierced? cause they want to, just like I did. Actually it was a dare, a guy friend of mine said he didn't think I'd do it so I wanted to prove him wrong. But it still looks nice. It heightens sexual pleasure as well!

Well good luck with your nipple problem:biggrin:
Reply 12
It wont set off the walk-through metal detector. If something else sets it off and you need the hand-held detector, it may set that off, but they'll probably think it's your bra wire anyway. Chances are your parents won't be standing near to you if they want to use the hand-held, so if the security person questions it, just whisper that you have a piercing then tell your parents it was the bra wire.

Were you planning on retiring the piercing just in case the detector goes off? =/ If you're still really worried then go to a piercer and ask if they could change it to Bioplast.
Original post by AKWxxx

My question is,

It shouldn't set off the metal detector and just tell her it was a navel piercing that was too difficult to get out on the crazy off chance it does. If you really want it out (and are gonna presumably replace it with bioflex/plast) then get your hands on some latex gloves, gives a better grip on the ball.
Reply 14
Original post by Kate.
It wont set off the walk-through metal detector. If something else sets it off and you need the hand-held detector, it may set that off, but they'll probably think it's your bra wire anyway. Chances are your parents won't be standing near to you if they want to use the hand-held, so if the security person questions it, just whisper that you have a piercing then tell your parents it was the bra wire.

Were you planning on retiring the piercing just in case the detector goes off? =/ If you're still really worried then go to a piercer and ask if they could change it to Bioplast.

Thanks :smile: Yeah I've decided to keep it in. And no, I was hoping to put it back through when I get to my destination, hoping it wouldn't have healed back up.
Chances of it setting off the metal detectors are low :smile:
Reply 16
I need help with my nipple piercing. I keep trying to take out this new ring I got for my piercing but it just keeps twisting but won’t twist off .. What should I do?

Quick Reply

Latest