The Student Room Group

Rejected by mcdonalds wtf!!!!!

Thank you for applying for the position of 29658.

Although we liked your application form we can see that the shift pattern we would expect you to work or the distance you would have to travel to get to our restaurant means that this restaurant may not be the best suited for you. Please check our other restaurants for vacancies which may be better suited to where you live or which hours you are looking to work. Alternatively if you are able to change your availability and the hours you want to work we will be able to reconsider your application. If so, please contact the restaurant.

Thanks for taking the time to apply, we would like to wish you every success in the future.

Good luck and kind regards,

McDonald's Central Recruitment Team

MY SHIFT PATTER WAS ANYDAY AVAILABLE APART FROM WEDNESDAY IN WHICH I COULD WORK EVENINGS AND I LIVE 5 MILES AWAY WITH BUSES RUNNING UP TILL 1AM FROM 6AM IN THE MORNING WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** MCDONALDS:angry::angry: uhuhuhuhuuhhuhuuhugghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe they wanted you to work wednesdays?
dont worry I got rejected by them too... I DIDN'T WANT TO WORK THERE ANYWAY.
so there
Reply 3
I didn't even get a reply back from them...
Reply 4
Probably not chavy enough to work there.
Reply 5
This is why I'm afraid to apply to work in McDonalds (probably wouldn't want to anyway). McDonalds do require 5am starts though so it might have been difficult for you to get in for early shifts. Other than that, are they letting you down gently?

If I got rejected by McDonalds I don't think I'd recover from the shame.
My sister got rejected by them a week ago. I got rejected by KFC.
Reply 7
Maybe they found another person with better availability. It's not a black hole where you can throw all the unemployed people, each restaurant only employs a limited amount of people. They needed 1 new person and found someone they liked better than you, simples.
Reply 8
Original post by GeorgEGNT
This is why I'm afraid to apply to work in McDonalds (probably wouldn't want to anyway). McDonalds do require 5am starts though so it might have been difficult for you to get in for early shifts. Other than that, are they letting you down gently?

If I got rejected by McDonalds I don't think I'd recover from the shame.

The assistant manager that works there lives a few doors down from me, i think my humiliation is complete, i ought to beat him up an go to jail to avoid the shame when my mats find out UUUUHHHUJHGHHGHGGHGHHG
Reply 9
Original post by HJV
Maybe they found another person with better availability. It's not a black hole where you can throw all the unemployed people, each restaurant only employs a limited amount of people. They needed 1 new person and found someone they liked better than you, simples.

i checked on the website after they rejected me, the 5 vacancies are still up, im baffled, i worked in a call centre a few months before!!
Original post by SeaSickSteve!
The assistant manager that works there lives a few doors down from me, i think my humiliation is complete, i ought to beat him up an go to jail to avoid the shame when my mats find out UUUUHHHUJHGHHGHGGHGHHG

To be honest mate I'd just move on and not let it get to you that much. I know it might seem a bit annoying at first but just think to yourself whether you'd actually want to work there.

Chin up, keep looking.
Reply 11
Been there done that :sad:

I was so overcome with shame I didnt tell anyone until i got another job

Still, if they'd taken me I wouldnt be working for Waitrose at much better pay, see it like that OP :grin:
Reply 12
That's unfortunate... maybe they had someone who lived next door or something? It's not as though they rejected you for being crap, though, which is a bonus. Well, so they say :wink:
Reply 13
i checked on the website after they rejected me, the 5 vacancies are still up, im baffled, i worked in a call centre a few months before!!

Well that's odd then. Is it possible that the call centre gave you bad references for whatever reason?
I got the exact same email. :frown:

to be fair though I could only work evenings and weekends so that was more understandable... but I'm a fairly good student and I've been rejected from sooo many jobs, and I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.
KFC and Pizza Hut included in the rejection pit - o srry u dnt have enuff experiense 2 walk round dis eatery holdin a pizza lol :/ :/ SRRY xoxox

I'm still a bit bitter as you can tell.
(edited 12 years ago)

Thank you for applying for the position of 29658.

Although we liked your application form we can see that the shift pattern we would expect you to work or the distance you would have to travel to get to our restaurant means that this restaurant may not be the best suited for you. Please check our other restaurants for vacancies which may be better suited to where you live or which hours you are looking to work. Alternatively if you are able to change your availability and the hours you want to work we will be able to reconsider your application. If so, please contact the restaurant.

Thanks for taking the time to apply, we would like to wish you every success in the future.

Good luck and kind regards,

McDonald's Central Recruitment Team

MY SHIFT PATTER WAS ANYDAY AVAILABLE APART FROM WEDNESDAY IN WHICH I COULD WORK EVENINGS AND I LIVE 5 MILES AWAY WITH BUSES RUNNING UP TILL 1AM FROM 6AM IN THE MORNING WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** MCDONALDS:angry::angry: uhuhuhuhuuhhuhuuhugghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked there 9 months.
The pro's are that at my place they were flexible but the con's were that scheduling sucked. They gave me over 60 hours in 8 days a few weeks before my AS exams so I just quit as I'd already given them a letter stating my availability of which they ignored, and so I ignored the 'notice' of 1-2 weeks and quit on the spot.

:colone:
Original post by ktlaurenroe
I got the exact same email. :frown:

to be fair though I could only work evenings and weekends so that was more understandable... but I'm a fairly good student and I've been rejected from sooo many jobs, and I know total idiots from my school who literally get like D's and C's having good jobs.
KFC and Pizza Hut included in the rejection pit - o srry u dnt have enuff experiense 2 walk round dis eatery holdin a pizza lol :/ :/ SRRY xoxox

I'm still a bit bitter as you can tell.

Haha the section where you went all chavy made me laugh, especially the xoxo :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by HurricaneDominic
I worked there 9 months.
The pro's are that at my place they were flexible but the con's were that scheduling sucked. They gave me over 60 hours in 8 days a few weeks before my AS exams so I just quit as I'd already given them a letter stating my availability of which they ignored, and so I ignored the 'notice' of 1-2 weeks and quit on the spot.

:colone:

i was only wantin to work for a month there before i started college in late aug/sept...
Bro I once got rejected by lidl. Shelf Stacker.
Original post by HurricaneDominic
Haha the section where you went all chavy made me laugh, especially the xoxo :biggrin:

hahaha, I sound so bitter, it's great :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest