The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by Syncope
http://www.stfs.org.uk/tfs-academic-foundation-programme-recruitment#attachments has info on the academic programme for the Thames Foundation School - if you check out the attachments at the bottom there's an Excel spreadsheet with all the posts available this year, including which hospitals they're in. Includes Brighton.

I would imagine the various other foundation schools in the country will probably have something similar, if you check out their websites?

Great thanks for the info.

One more question if you don't mind - do you know if you have to do your project in the rotation that you are in at the time of the research 4m period?
Reply 4661
Original post by buzzcat
Great thanks for the info.

One more question if you don't mind - do you know if you have to do your project in the rotation that you are in at the time of the research 4m period?

No idea, I'm afraid - that said, not all the programmes have the research period built into a single 4/12 block, some of them have it running throughout the year in 'protected time' each week. Don't know how common that is, though.
Reply 4662
Original post by Syncope
No idea, I'm afraid - that said, not all the programmes have the research period built into a single 4/12 block, some of them have it running throughout the year in 'protected time' each week. Don't know how common that is, though.

Ok thanks anyways. ps are you aware of musical syncopation?
Original post by malaz_197
4 days until freedom... I can't bloody wait! I think George's breaks the record for the longest third year there is

Jeez, that is LATE! When do you go back for fourth year? I'd be pissed if my year extended much past the start of June, nevermind encroached the start of August.
Original post by RollerBall

Jeez, that is LATE! When do you go back for fourth year? I'd be pissed if my year extended much past the start of June, nevermind encroached the start of August.

UEA's 2nd, 3rd and 4th years (if you include the elective as part of 4th year) don't finish until around this time :dontknow:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
UEA's 2nd, 3rd and 4th years (if you include the elective as part of 4th year) don't finish until around this time :dontknow:

That sucks. I'm pretty glad our years stay similarish to other university courses. At least for the first few years.
Reply 4666
I look at my 3 x 8 week terms plus 5 weeks off for Christmas and 4 weeks off for Easter for my first three years and laugh at you all.
Original post by visesh

Original post by visesh
I look at my 3 x 8 week terms plus 5 weeks off for Christmas and 4 weeks off for Easter for my first three years and laugh at you all.

To be fair I actually prefer being at uni than home, so I don't really mind :p:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
To be fair I actually prefer being at uni than home, so I don't really mind :p:

I currently miss medicine. There are only so many trashy novels to read before I may start to miss K&C...
Reply 4669
Original post by Syncope
Congratulations!

... me too! :banana: Can't quite decide whether to celebrate or panic...

Both!!!:colone:

Hmm so, any "recommended reading" suggestions? Medical ones I mean... I've already stocked up on the non-medical stuff for summer (got a few books from the "A Song of Ice and Fire" saga so that should keep me well entertained...), but I want some bits and bobs to keep occupied next year as for most of the year I'll be in placements far away from friends and family! :P
Cancelled my plans for tonight to go for a meal with my family. Now I am staring at an empty blister pack of loperamide and cursing the process of natural selection (or god, if you're into all that) that made me.
Reply 4671
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Cancelled my plans for tonight to go for a meal with my family. Now I am staring at an empty blister pack of loperamide and cursing the process of natural selection (or god, if you're into all that) that made me.

Lolzperamide! :wink:
Original post by Skwee
Lolzperamide! :wink:

There is nothing funny whatsoever about my current condition. I need to drink quite a lot of water and go to bed.
Reply 4673
There is nothing funny whatsoever about my current condition. I need to drink quite a lot of water and go to bed.

Well, last time I needed some medication of that sort, I was camping with my two bff and, well, we had to move our sleeping bags to the ladies' toilets... :redface: ohh the memories, ever so fresh!
:woo: Finished 1st year, I'm now a 3rd year.

Original post by Philosoraptor
Did you miss me? :p: Back from Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt very brown - and after some nice diving :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm sad it's so cold here :frown: :frown:

Anyone else going away :biggrin:

Am so jealous

Original post by Dr. Hannibal Lecter
TSR is full of the med school geeks!
All year I see complaints of procrastination/drinking/scraping through, then come results time the pages are filled with top percentile scores/distinctions/merits!

:p:

Not me, I only got a pass.

Original post by Isometrix
I know, makes me feel :frown:

:jumphug:

Original post by visesh

:unimpressed:
Original post by Lantana
:woo: Finished 1st year, I'm now a 3rd year.

Something just doesn't quite fit into place here :holmes:
Original post by Kinkerz
Something just doesn't quite fit into place here :holmes:

:lol: You're an intelligent guy, you'll figure it out at some point:tongue:

don't forget to take your mycoxsoflopin.
Reply 4678

we go back on the 30th Aug. so not much of a holiday to be honest considering we only had 2 weeks off for christmas and 1 for easter.. sad times. and I swear we dont learn much more than any uni that finishes up earlier.

but I go back on psych, so I kind of hope it will be able to have an extension of my holiday into october :colone:
My days. The Back Room is basically just a **** hole filled with self-entitled whining, isn't it?

Latest

Trending

Trending