The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
During my second viewing of the film, I noticed the really desperate and sad look that Snape had on his face when McGonagall came at him ready to fight. Properly heartbreaking.
Just re-watched it and something that's really bugging me is that Hermione and Rom just let Harry go to the Forbidden Forest. I know they didn't go with him in the book but I don't really understand why they would not at least try to follow him in the film. Harry told them to kill the snake and the snake was with Voldemort. Seems like a good diversion to me, get the snake while Voldemort is killing Harry...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Debbie2709
Just re-watched it and something that's really bugging me is that Hermione and Rom just let Harry go to the Forbidden Forest. I know they didn't go with him in the book but I don't really understand why they would not at least try to follow him in the film. Harry told them to kill the snake and the snake was with Voldemort. Seems like a good diversion to me, get the snake while Voldemort is killing Harry...

For the same reason Harry goes? I agree with you btw but I guess (in the film) they accept that he has to go. Harry says to Hermione 'I think you've known for a while' which obviously isn't in the book.
Reply 2303
I made a Snape video for my friend, and managed to make myself cry watching it back. I'm pretty pleased with it!

(edited 12 years ago)
Forgive my stupidity but this question has been on my head for a while...

Spoiler

Original post by Miss Mary
Forgive my stupidity but this question has been on my head for a while...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Debbie2709

Spoiler

Ohhhh right haha. I feel so dumb now :redface: Thanks
Was I the only one who wanted Harry to keep the Elder Wand? :teehee:

Oh, and the thing about how Harry managed to get Snape's memories from tears was ridiculous (yes, I'm fussy).

It was an excellent movie though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by House MD
Was I the only one who wanted Harry to keep the Elder Wand? :teehee:

Oh, and the thing about how Harry managed to get Snape's memories from tears was ridiculous (yes, I'm fussy).

It was an excellent movie though.

I don't think it was actual tears, they looked pearly. I think instead of coming out of everywhere, they just came out from the corner of his eye.
I totally would have kept the Elder Wand :colone:

I agree with dobbys sock, the colour of the memories was more pearlywhite than tears are. It would have looked weird on screen if they were coming out of anywhere other than his eyes, I think.
Reply 2310
asdcmap[wpvpamcaxk,; seeing this tomorrow SO EXCITED
loved it all :smile: especially the scenes with snape in it. however, i feel it probably didnt explain things very well for people who hadnt read the books. i mean what was the point of introducing Dumbledore's brother for one scene, not explaining their relationship at all and then having him never appear again?
loooved bellatrix as hermione though, dno how she did it but she actually looked like hermione.
Original post by rainbow drops
I totally would have kept the Elder Wand :colone:

I agree with dobbys sock, the colour of the memories was more pearlywhite than tears are. It would have looked weird on screen if they were coming out of anywhere other than his eyes, I think.

I wish wish wish that he'd used the elder wand to fix his own wand. As technically, end of that film he was still using Draco's wand (even if it was now his). I liked the description of Draco's wand, "quick to change allegiance" summed up the Malfoys rather well...)
I saw the final film on the first day it was out. people cheered when ron and hermione kissed and people cheered and clapped at the end. thats never happened at any film screening I've ever been to - not even avatar or the dark knight - two of the highest grossing films of all time. I came out feeling like I saw the most amazing thing ever! I was happy and sad at the same time. happy that harry potter had ended with a bang. a great epic ending to the phenomenon that has been a massive part of my life for the past ten years or so. sad that this is the end of my childhood. I'm going to uni this year and I feel like this really is the end of a big part of my life. and the start of another. :smile: I won't ever feel the buzz standing in the queue waiting to see the new harry potter film, the excitement as I turn pages of a new harry potter book excitedly anticipating what will happen.
going to see it again in a minute in 2d! even more excited to see it this time :biggrin:
Reply 2315
Original post by hali0112
I saw the final film on the first day it was out. people cheered when ron and hermione kissed and people cheered and clapped at the end. thats never happened at any film screening I've ever been to - not even avatar or the dark knight - two of the highest grossing films of all time. I came out feeling like I saw the most amazing thing ever! I was happy and sad at the same time. happy that harry potter had ended with a bang. a great epic ending to the phenomenon that has been a massive part of my life for the past ten years or so. sad that this is the end of my childhood. I'm going to uni this year and I feel like this really is the end of a big part of my life. and the start of another. :smile: I won't ever feel the buzz standing in the queue waiting to see the new harry potter film, the excitement as I turn pages of a new harry potter book excitedly anticipating what will happen.

I agree it was fantasticcc. people cheered when i saw it too. im on holiday in america atm and had to see it so my sister and i went to a cinema in vegas and even the american lot were cheering big time haha, especially when molly weasley killed bellatrix. im also going to uni this year and it really does feel like the end of a chapter, and more importantly the end of my childhood which is also why its very sad/weird. :redface:
My two favourite soundtracks from the film:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
My two favourite soundtracks from the film:

I love lily's theme! I don't know quite how to describe it. its haunting, subtle and powerful without being overbearing. its just such a beautiful moving piece. I've been listening to the soundtrack ever since I saw the film. the tracks bring out so many emotions in me about the film. :smile:
Reply 2318
seen it a couple of times now, i liked it.

i liked the classic Mace Windu moment when kingsley and his band of jedi enter the hall, i half was expecting the "your reign is at an end, my lord" line.

the soundtrack was very nice.

i don't really like what happened to voldy's voice in number 7 though, he seemed more aggrssive and leering in 4 and 5, 7 he sounds a bit wierd. i don't really like how the character was written either, he seems lost and confised most of the time, which just seems out of place considering he calls the shots, has the government, and probably more supporters than the "good guys". he doesn't act like someone who's meant to be so powerful, and knowledgeable. he just appears to be a weak leader all the way through 7.

i don't really like the way that harry beats him either, i think it should have been written with potter losing, as he is fighting the most powerful wizard around with infinitely more skill and experience than him. i would have liked to see him lose and one of the other characters finishing voldy, perhaps hermione, would have added more personal sacrifice and grit.

the ending would have been better if it finished at the bridge, the epilogue is terrible.

surely voldy's men and ideas will continue though, they appear to have a majority view.

i liked the snape stuff, that was done very well, very deep, hit pretty hard.
Original post by Zero 1
seen it a couple of times now, i liked it.

i liked the classic Mace Windu moment when kingsley and his band of jedi enter the hall, i half was expecting the "your reign is at an end, my lord" line.

the soundtrack was very nice.

i don't really like what happened to voldy's voice in number 7 though, he seemed more aggrssive and leering in 4 and 5, 7 he sounds a bit wierd. i don't really like how the character was written either, he seems lost and confised most of the time, which just seems out of place considering he calls the shots, has the government, and probably more supporters than the "good guys". he doesn't act like someone who's meant to be so powerful, and knowledgeable. he just appears to be a weak leader all the way through 7.

i don't really like the way that harry beats him either, i think it should have been written with potter losing, as he is fighting the most powerful wizard around with infinitely more skill and experience than him. i would have liked to see him lose and one of the other characters finishing voldy, perhaps hermione, would have added more personal sacrifice and grit.

the ending would have been better if it finished at the bridge, the epilogue is terrible.

surely voldy's men and ideas will continue though, they appear to have a majority view.

i liked the snape stuff, that was done very well, very deep, hit pretty hard.

Before the books came out I wanted Harry to die and Voldemort to realise it was Neville who was his equal (thus fulfilling the prophesy) and then Neville could kill him cos you know Neville is awesome sauce.

But you've gotta remember they have a huge child fanbase...Harry could have never died, not fully. It just wasn't an option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending