The Student Room Group

Job app: describe a time when you have taken responsibility to make something happen?

I'm currently filling out an application form and this question has left me stuck.
I know what it means but i just cannot think of anything to put. This is a job application for a job in retail and i currently work part time at a supermarket, so i could put something about finding staff to manage tills when we were suddenly very busy or restocking a shelf of popular goods when it was empty even though i wasn't asked, but none of the ideas i have seem impressive enough :/ any ideas that might trigger my memory would be really appreciated :smile:
i've worked at my current job for years now so i must have something i can put! i'm just struggling to remember any of it!
Reply 1
Original post by emlou19
I'm currently filling out an application form and this question has left me stuck.
I know what it means but i just cannot think of anything to put. This is a job application for a job in retail and i currently work part time at a supermarket, so i could put something about finding staff to manage tills when we were suddenly very busy or restocking a shelf of popular goods when it was empty even though i wasn't asked, but none of the ideas i have seem impressive enough :/ any ideas that might trigger my memory would be really appreciated :smile:
i've worked at my current job for years now so i must have something i can put! i'm just struggling to remember any of it!

I'd use an example of when I was working on a group project, the other members of the group were slacking, and I took responsibility and did extra work to get the project given in on time - something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending