The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diamonddust

Muse, I love you. I said the exact same thing on Livejournal. As well as mentioning the instant undapper thoughts I had about phallic symbols. I hate Freud. I keep staring at it because of his adorable blissful expression and the fact his leg is hooked around it! **** him, seriously! What makes him thinks he can do things like this? Any normal person would walk away when they see a giant banana! *cough* I wouldn't! Further proof we are meant for each other. :tongue: It's just not fair though! I'm trying to make myself get over my mammoth crush on him and then he does **** like this!
Only Darren... :love: AND HE'S WEARING HIS GLASSES. He's trying to kill me, this really isn't funny anymore.

I saw that tweet and near cried. Klaine in the LIMA BEAN- my favourite thing ever and Bieste and Quinn and Rachel interaction is always interesting!

Must stop staring at this pretty gif from BICO.

agreed agreed about the expression and the glasses and the leg and everything. He has no mercy on our fangirl hearts :p:

I know! Lima bean scenes are always the best! I love the kloffee ship (Klaine and coffee, just in case someone didn't get that). It all sounds like its going to be amazing and it made me so excited too. Less than 2 months to go!!!

Love that gif. Its a "oh god i'm in love" expression. How can they both be such good actors! its not fair!
“You know it’s a party when the suspenders come off.”
—Darren Criss
I know hes American and hes talking about braces but still. I can imagine if we told him it would be better if he'd meant the english version that he'd laugh :biggrin:
Original post by museobsessed
agreed agreed about the expression and the glasses and the leg and everything. He has no mercy on our fangirl hearts :p:

I know! Lima bean scenes are always the best! I love the kloffee ship (Klaine and coffee, just in case someone didn't get that). It all sounds like its going to be amazing and it made me so excited too. Less than 2 months to go!!!

Love that gif. Its a "oh god i'm in love" expression. How can they both be such good actors! its not fair!

I love Kloffee and klisses and Klaine!
I was talking about Darren's acting on LJ when some people were like 'I worry about his acting' when they were discussing Broadway. He's a really good emotional actor. Apparently he was amazing in his UMich productions. I really want to see him in The Last Days of Judas Iscariot! Someone out there has tapes. As much as I love Starkid, I'm kind of desperate to see him in 'serious' roles.

This is what I said: He shines at portraying emotional subtleties. I think Darren and Chris are a different brand of actor. I'm not sure how to explain or define it but I think Chris is more obviously good at first watch and I think you have to rewatch Darren's performances to recognise just how good he is, if that makes sense? It doesn't help that the writers messed with Blaine's character but like you, I got the sense that Darren had a very solid 'head canon' of where Blaine was which grounded his performance. I don't really think it's fair to compare Chris and Darren (not saying you are) but Chris has had longer to get used to acting on TV- not that that takes away from his talent because DAMN, boy is amazing! But yeah, I think they're both amazing. I do think Darren needs some training in maintaining his vocal control when he's moving and doing some general Broadway preparation but I think he'll be fine!

Someone else replied that Chris is more of a physical actor and uses physicality to portray emotions while Darren uses emotions to portray physicality. Darren's a method actor and Chris isn't. I love how different they are, actually.

I think Darren is amazing because when you watch him as Blaine, he becomes Blaine. Because Blaine is so stiff and slightly repressed (heh heh), people think that's a result of Darren's acting not being up to par but in my opinion, anyone who can make lines that would make someone seem like a total **** into something sweet and believable and give such real looks of love during Blackbird and look so proud during Prom Queen and portray so many emotions (a bit of sadness, anger and shame) when he talked about being beaten up is a damn good actor to me!
“You know it’s a party when the suspenders come off.”
—Darren Criss
I know hes American and hes talking about braces but still. I can imagine if we told him it would be better if he'd meant the english version that he'd laugh :biggrin:

He would laugh! I think I'd faint. :tongue:
Fic rec. I'm tearing up. This might be one of the most beautiful Klaine fanfics I've ever read.

Kurt starts a PFLAG chapter and people join. I'm not explaining it very well but it's beautiful and the character development is amazing.

First story
http://idoltina.livejournal.com/40786.html
Sequel:
http://idoltina.livejournal.com/42678.html?view=239030#t239030

Fic rec. I'm tearing up. This might be one of the most beautiful Klaine fanfics I've ever read.

Kurt starts a PFLAG chapter and people join. I'm not explaining it very well but it's beautiful and the character development is amazing.

First story
http://idoltina.livejournal.com/40786.html
Sequel:
http://idoltina.livejournal.com/42678.html?view=239030#t239030

I'll read that later.

Have you heard about Amy Winehouse? :frown:

I love Kloffee and klisses and Klaine!
I was talking about Darren's acting on LJ when some people were like 'I worry about his acting' when they were discussing Broadway. He's a really good emotional actor. Apparently he was amazing in his UMich productions. I really want to see him in The Last Days of Judas Iscariot! Someone out there has tapes. As much as I love Starkid, I'm kind of desperate to see him in 'serious' roles.

This is what I said: He shines at portraying emotional subtleties. I think Darren and Chris are a different brand of actor. I'm not sure how to explain or define it but I think Chris is more obviously good at first watch and I think you have to rewatch Darren's performances to recognise just how good he is, if that makes sense? It doesn't help that the writers messed with Blaine's character but like you, I got the sense that Darren had a very solid 'head canon' of where Blaine was which grounded his performance. I don't really think it's fair to compare Chris and Darren (not saying you are) but Chris has had longer to get used to acting on TV- not that that takes away from his talent because DAMN, boy is amazing! But yeah, I think they're both amazing. I do think Darren needs some training in maintaining his vocal control when he's moving and doing some general Broadway preparation but I think he'll be fine!

Someone else replied that Chris is more of a physical actor and uses physicality to portray emotions while Darren uses emotions to portray physicality. Darren's a method actor and Chris isn't. I love how different they are, actually.

I think Darren is amazing because when you watch him as Blaine, he becomes Blaine. Because Blaine is so stiff and slightly repressed (heh heh), people think that's a result of Darren's acting not being up to par but in my opinion, anyone who can make lines that would make someone seem like a total **** into something sweet and believable and give such real looks of love during Blackbird and look so proud during Prom Queen and portray so many emotions (a bit of sadness, anger and shame) when he talked about being beaten up is a damn good actor to me!

He would laugh! I think I'd faint. :tongue:

I think Darren acts kinda uptight as Blaine because thats part of Blaines character to be polite and nerdy. The only part of Darrens acting i've ever had a problem with was the part where Blaine tells Rachel that hes realised hes definitely gay. I think most of the reason I don't like that is because the line itself is so stupid and Darren had to work with bad material and it came out awkward. Darren is great at subtle, and you don't even realise on first watch. I agree that Darren must have solid headcanon for Blaine. Sometimes I think Blaine comes across as soppy, but I think that is genuinely Blaine and not a fail in the acting. I mean, Darren managed to sell "you move me" which is possibly the most cheesy line in anything i've ever seen ever
Original post by e hine e
I'll read that later.

Have you heard about Amy Winehouse? :frown:

I'm ****** heartbroken. I can't believe it. I'm in a 'Everyone I like dies' mood now which isn't how I really wanted to feel! It makes me even more sad because Back to Black is basically what got me through last year and the year before... and now actually and Frank was like my most played album and I've always felt an affinity to her, even more so because of her problems and now she's dead and I'm like :cry:. I feel ridiculously guilty for being more upset about Amy than I am about the people who have died in Norway. :frown:

QUOTE=museobsessed;32943619]I think Darren acts kinda uptight as Blaine because thats part of Blaines character to be polite and nerdy. The only part of Darrens acting i've ever had a problem with was the part where Blaine tells Rachel that hes realised hes definitely gay. I think most of the reason I don't like that is because the line itself is so stupid and Darren had to work with bad material and it came out awkward. Darren is great at subtle, and you don't even realise on first watch. I agree that Darren must have solid headcanon for Blaine. Sometimes I think Blaine comes across as soppy, but I think that is genuinely Blaine and not a fail in the acting. I mean, Darren managed to sell "you move me" which is possibly the most cheesy line in anything i've ever seen ever

*nods* Oh, I don't include BIOTA as a moment of fine writing or fine acting. It was a little shambolic.

This isn't funny. I'm ****** CRYING. I don't cry at people singing. Not anyone. I didn't even properly cry during AIWNSG. I'm crying now. I hate you Darren. I don't know why you sound like Will Young singing this but it's beautiful and your choked upness and cry face has made me cry. So **** you. Love DD

OMFG I only just watched that video. Damn thats emotional. Imma rip that and put it on my ipod. The emotion in his voice! *dies*
Oh hey

I seem to have walked in on a Darren Criss appreciation thread. It's a pity I hate Blaine because Darren is a sweetheart and his voice is wonderful.

I'm a Brittana and Faberry shipper, and an unapologetic Lea Michele and Naya Rivera fangirl. Nice to meet you all :3
Original post by DarkAndTwisty

Oh hey

I seem to have walked in on a Darren Criss appreciation thread. It's a pity I hate Blaine because Darren is a sweetheart and his voice is wonderful.

I'm a Brittana and Faberry shipper, and an unapologetic Lea Michele and Naya Rivera fangirl. Nice to meet you all :3

As long as you love Darren I think you'll be OK here, but whats the issue you have with Blaine? i'm curious

Brittana for the win! I think you'll fit in here
Reply 7970
You're both wrong Artie's the best
As long as you love Darren I think you'll be OK here, but whats the issue you have with Blaine? i'm curious

Brittana for the win! I think you'll fit in here

Eh, I just don't find him a very interesting character. But maybe that's because I don't ship Kurt/Blaine and Blaine has no storyline other than Kurt.

I love Darren and AVPM :3
Original post by STFU
You're both wrong Artie's the best

Kevin is a dude :biggrin: and Artie is cool

Eh, I just don't find him a very interesting character. But maybe that's because I don't ship Kurt/Blaine and Blaine has no storyline other than Kurt.

I love Darren and AVPM :3

you don't ship Klaine? wow. Yes Blaine doesn't have much storyline yet, but I think season 3 will make him into a rounded character
Yes AVPM is awesome. I'm only starting to get into starkid and I am so upset that I didn't know about it ages ago
Great news! From ComicCon Glee panel!

Brad Falchuck - "Cory, Lea & Chris (characters) are graduating but b/c they're graduating doesn't mean they're leaving the show"

Woo!!
yeh, theres loads of news coming through at the moment, particularly about Klaine and Mike! win

Chis, you are killing me. So cute!
I've come to the conclusion that the writers talk BS and I'm not listening to another word that comes out of their mouths. Trolphy is now trying to backtrack and say that he didn't say the characters were leaving the show when he did!

I can't wait for Glee live 3D! Apparently they're in character and the Warblers are going to bitch about how many solos they've lost to Blaine! :laugh:
I'm so desperate for Blanana and to meet Blaine's dad it isn't even funny. It's going to get on my nerves if Kurt graduates and waits around for Blaine. No. Just no. As much as I love Darren, Klaine are a package deal now! If Kurt goes and Blaine stays, I will not be pleased because it will feel weird.
I'm so upset. My mum is going to Dallas in December and she didn't book me a ticket! I have no desire to go to Dallas but I could get one of my cousins to go on a roadtrip to New York with me! If I never get to see Bernadete Peters in anything I'm going to cry. And Darren might be in H2SB by then. Screw this! As soon as I graduate, I'm moving to New York. :tongue:

I've come to the conclusion that the writers talk BS and I'm not listening to another word that comes out of their mouths. Trolphy is now trying to backtrack and say that he didn't say the characters were leaving the show when he did!

I can't wait for Glee live 3D! Apparently they're in character and the Warblers are going to bitch about how many solos they've lost to Blaine! :laugh:
I'm so desperate for Blanana and to meet Blaine's dad it isn't even funny. It's going to get on my nerves if Kurt graduates and waits around for Blaine. No. Just no. As much as I love Darren, Klaine are a package deal now! If Kurt goes and Blaine stays, I will not be pleased because it will feel weird.
I'm so upset. My mum is going to Dallas in December and she didn't book me a ticket! I have no desire to go to Dallas but I could get one of my cousins to go on a roadtrip to New York with me! If I never get to see Bernadete Peters in anything I'm going to cry. And Darren might be in H2SB by then. Screw this! As soon as I graduate, I'm moving to New York. :tongue:

wait wait wait here. Ryan was quoted on some blog as saying they were leaving. Its possible that he was misquoted which does happen, or that they changed their minds between when Ryan said it and when he'd spoken with I and B.
Yes I cannot wait for Glee 3D either, its going to be full on epic
haha you missed out on America? I've decided i'm going to comic con next year in San Diego with my cousin! haha
wait wait wait here. Ryan was quoted on some blog as saying they were leaving. Its possible that he was misquoted which does happen, or that they changed their minds between when Ryan said it and when he'd spoken with I and B.
Yes I cannot wait for Glee 3D either, its going to be full on epic
haha you missed out on America? I've decided i'm going to comic con next year in San Diego with my cousin! haha

There's no way he was misquoted. Hollywood Reporter asked him about 3 times if graduating meant leaving and he said yes each time. They published a whole article about it because Ryan and Brad were trying to blame the reporter. What must have happened is that Ryan planned for them to leave, saw the fan reaction and is now trying to backtrack. It pisses me off that they're ******** around with the actors involved and even blaming them if you read what Brad said about Lea. It's a joke. It's one thing to say conflicting things to fans and it's fair enough if you change your mind but to say you never said something and blame everyone else but yourself is out of order. :rant: It's irritated the hell out of me. You can't recon newspaper reporter's memories and fan's memories even if you can recon your characters! I can't wait for season 3 but I really don't like how insulting they're being.

There's no way he was misquoted. Hollywood Reporter asked him about 3 times if graduating meant leaving and he said yes each time. They published a whole article about it because Ryan and Brad were trying to blame the reporter. What must have happened is that Ryan planned for them to leave, saw the fan reaction and is now trying to backtrack. It pisses me off that they're ******** around with the actors involved and even blaming them if you read what Brad said about Lea. It's a joke. It's one thing to say conflicting things to fans and it's fair enough if you change your mind but to say you never said something and blame everyone else but yourself is out of order. :rant: It's irritated the hell out of me. You can't recon newspaper reporter's memories and fan's memories even if you can recon your characters! I can't wait for season 3 but I really don't like how insulting they're being.

ahh. no the blaming them thing he was talking about Chris saying he only found out on twitter. yeh maybe it was just a change of opinion, but they should know how strongly people feel about the characters and not be surprised when people get pissy. I swear the cast know more about the fans opinions than the writers. in one sense its a good thing because they won't be swayed by it and be given ideas when its their show and they need to be able to come up with original stuff without interfearence, but then also its a bad thing because they have no idea how strongly people feel in certain ways. Either say something and stick to it, or keep quiet about the whole damn thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending