University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Postgrads - 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Kynthia86

Original post by Kynthia86
Yes, I have already found a nice little house to share with a lovely PhD student. You should definately have a look at gumtree.com. :smile:

@Colin4president: Thanks. I really appreciate your advise. However, the girl who is currently living in my future room also has lectures at Jubilee. It takes her around 20 - 25 minutes to get there (walking to University Campus & taking the Hopper Bus). That's fine for me. At my current university I need 45 minutes (and two different busses). :wink:

@all: I am also planning to arrive one week earlier. Would love to meet you! :smile:

hey Kynthia you said you're living with a PhD student at Notts? Do you know what course she's doing her PhD in and if she'd be able to give me advice on how the Tissue engineering group at Notts is? I've got an offer for a PhD there (I'm from India) and I'd really appreciate any sort of feed back so I can make a decision
Thanks!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81

Original post by Lm83
Hello there! :smile:

I'm Lorenzo from Italy and I'll be in Nottingham for a PhD course starting next September. I haven't applied for accommodation, I can't decide.

Are there any other PhD students? I'm looking for accommodation advices. :smile:

PhD in what?
Reply 82
Hello!

I'm Anna from Italy and I will be in Nottingham for an LLM in european law... are there any other postgraduate students at law school?
I've applied for an accomodation at broadgate park and I've just received an offer..I think I will accept it. Do you think it's a good choice?I understood there will be separate halls for PG and UG, right?

well, I hope to meet you all in september. bye:smile:
Reply 83
Original post by _AnnA_
Hello!

I'm Anna from Italy and I will be in Nottingham for an LLM in european law... are there any other postgraduate students at law school?
I've applied for an accomodation at broadgate park and I've just received an offer..I think I will accept it. Do you think it's a good choice?I understood there will be separate halls for PG and UG, right?

Hey Anna!

If you're on facebook, join this group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/nottinghamfirmers2011?ap=1

There are a few postgrad students at the Law School and you will be able to find them on the Postgraduate Document that we have on the group.

Also about accommodation, I'm going to be staying at Broadgate myself and I'm sure it's going to be great. And yes, UG and PG halls are separate. A friend of mine emailed UPP and confirmed this.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. :smile:
Original post by _AnnA_
Hello!

I'll be a PhD student in the law department, so maybe see you there :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by shrooti
hey Kynthia you said you're living with a PhD student at Notts? Do you know what course she's doing her PhD in and if she'd be able to give me advice on how the Tissue engineering group at Notts is? I've got an offer for a PhD there (I'm from India) and I'd really appreciate any sort of feed back so I can make a decision
Thanks!

Sorry Shrooti - I don't have a clue. But I am quite sure she's not doing an PhD in engineering. I think she's doing something with politics...
Reply 86
Original post by shrooti
PhD in what?

@ Shrooti: As .Inspired said, I'm an European student and funding opportunities are different between EU and non-EU students. However, when I was searching a solution for maintaining myself, I noted that there were a lot of scholarships esclusively for non-EU students. Even though I believe that by now most deadlines are expired, take a look at the university website -precisely the page of your school-, you'll find all the information you need.
By the way, my PhD is in English Studies. :smile:

@ _Anna_: Sorpresa, un'italiana! Allora non sono l'unico... :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
Hi! I will be studying Finance & Investment located at the business school...Now just to find somewhere to live!...Opal 1 looks interesting given that it has double beds! But living with undergrads might get annoying when i need to work...although it will probs be good the rest of the time!
Reply 88
Original post by HappinessQueen
Hello everyone!
Im an international student from Thailand - will be attending MSc at Nottingham Business School. Anyone will be stay at OPAL1 ?

Im considering opal! Looks like the best place if your at the business school!
Hey Guys,

I am joining the University of Nottingham this September. I have enrolled for Msc in Information technology

any idea/feedback on how is the technical education at the university?

Any freshers joining this course??
Hello all, another International new student joining the ranks. My name is Jo, and I hail from Finland, starting a part-time MA in Research Methods (science, technology and society pathway) in September. I study in Leicester at the moment but live in Nottingham due to work, and will be moving into Broadgate in September (which will be fun, since I am at work during the moving weekend :-p).
Reply 91
Hello, everyone, My name is wen, from China. I will join Nottingham as a Phd student in Computer Science mixed reality group. I have accepted an offer from melton hall in Jubliee campus. I really hope I can find someone to hang out with :smile:.

See you guys September!!!
Reply 92
Original post by .Inspired

Original post by .Inspired
Hey Anna!

If you're on facebook, join this group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/nottinghamfirmers2011?ap=1

There are a few postgrad students at the Law School and you will be able to find them on the Postgraduate Document that we have on the group.

Also about accommodation, I'm going to be staying at Broadgate myself and I'm sure it's going to be great. And yes, UG and PG halls are separate. A friend of mine emailed UPP and confirmed this.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. :smile:

Thank you! I joined the group a few days ago and today I accepted the Broadgate offer so I think I will be staying there!
Reply 93

Original post by Lm83
@ Shrooti: As .Inspired said, I'm an European student and funding opportunities are different between EU and non-EU students. However, when I was searching a solution for maintaining myself, I noted that there were a lot of scholarships esclusively for non-EU students. Even though I believe that by now most deadlines are expired, take a look at the university website -precisely the page of your school-, you'll find all the information you need.
By the way, my PhD is in English Studies. :smile:

@ _Anna_: Sorpresa, un'italiana! Allora non sono l'unico... :smile:

Non siamo molti a quanto pare!
Reply 94
Original post by tokyo_purple
Hello all, another International new student joining the ranks. My name is Jo, and I hail from Finland, starting a part-time MA in Research Methods (science, technology and society pathway) in September. I study in Leicester at the moment but live in Nottingham due to work, and will be moving into Broadgate in September (which will be fun, since I am at work during the moving weekend :-p).

Hey Jo!

This is random but I'm Jo too, haha. It's not my full name but my most common nickname. And I'm going to be at living Broadgate too. xD

Btw, all those of you who have picked Broadgate, what room types have you chosen? I'm in en-suite. :smile:
Hey everyone!! Please join the Post graduation freshers'11 group on Facebook! ...It would be much easier to get to know others there... !
http://www.facebook.com/groups/universityofnottinghampostgrads2011/
Original post by no1topman
Im considering opal! Looks like the best place if your at the business school!

Hey! I'll be staying at Opal1 since my lectures will be held at the Jubilee Campus!! :biggrin: Looking forward to meeting you in september. Well, please joing the facebook PG freshers 2011 group! :smile:
Takecare!
xx!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/universityofnottinghampostgrads2011/
Hey everyone!! Please join the Post graduation freshers'11 group on Facebook! ...It would be much easier to get to know others there... ! :smile:)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/unive...postgrads2011/

Positive Rating!
There's another group is for all the Psychology Freshers 2011-University of Nottingham :smile: all psychology freshers please join that group on faceboook!!! Thankss!! meet u all in september!!! :biggrin: http://www.facebook.com/groups/222507717791873/?ap=1
Original post by Jenny-H
Hey People ! I am Jenny ( as well). lol

I will be in Nottm next year as well by doing master- Public Service Adminisitration . ( I am currently doing my final year UG here, and living in Opal 1)

Also thinking about the accomodation issue for next year. Opal 1 is nice, i love my flat cos its near lidl and entrance, bigger than other's kitchen, and flatmates are quite and nice. But i am not gonna be in Jubilee next year, so Opal is a bit imperfect for me. :frown: And i dont want to bear the risks that living with UG freshers..... but i do want to stay here if i can find suitable Masters to live with. xx

Wondering does any potneital Masters interested in Living in Opal 1 ? ( 5 bedrooms-ensuite, share kichen, free gym, 5 mins walk to Jubilee, hopper bus connect to Uni Park, with LIDL & Donimo down stairs, easy tranporte to town. )

Hey Jenny, I'll be taking up a room at Opal1. Since most of it is already booked, Im planning on Delux Ensuite looks Fab!! ... Let me know whether you have already found your flatmates. I'm not quite sure whether we get to choose our flatmates :frown: But if that's an option den I'd definitely wanna find some nice people to share a flat with ! :biggrin: xx!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending