The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can already tell im gonna like Summer Wars after like 20 mins of the film :biggrin:
Original post by SciFiBoy
I can already tell im gonna like Summer Wars after like 20 mins of the film :biggrin:

I think it was around the 20 minute mark that my old laptop decided it couldn't handle the video quality, overheated and switched itself off. :p: It took me three sittings to finish the film because of that, but it was worth the hassle. Glad you're liking it too. :smile:

---

Yen Press Adds Durarara, Kore wa Zombie desu ka, Olimpos

Surprised they didn't get Durarara earlier, but as usual I think they're making all the right choices when it comes to licensing, unlike Tokyopop's seemingly random selection. :yes:
Guess who just got Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 in the post. :ahee:

On another note when the hell is 3.33 going to come out...
Reply 1563
Finally the weekend is upon us, giving me an opportunity to catch up with some of the weeklies. Intending to watch episode 3 of Usagi Drop, No.6, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi, Blood-C and Mayo Chiki, episode 2 of Dantalian no Shoka, and lastly episode 4 of Ro-Kyu-Bu! After that, I'll try and fit in a few episodes from Prince of Tennis, an anime I'm planning to revisit.
My plan for today is to watch the episode of Toriko I accidentally skipped, watch and blog Kaiji, then maybe fit in the latest eps of Mayo Chiki, Uta Pri and Blood-C depending on how much time I have afterwards (annual quiz event in the village later, so the evening is already taken).
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I think it was around the 20 minute mark that my old laptop decided it couldn't handle the video quality, overheated and switched itself off. :p: It took me three sittings to finish the film because of that, but it was worth the hassle. Glad you're liking it too. :smile:

I managed to watch it all through on my 360 without much problem, it was really good, reminded me why I like anime, lol, first anime I have watched for ages!
Reply 1566
I managed to watch it all through on my 360 without much problem, it was really good, reminded me why I like anime, lol, first anime I have watched for ages!

Might I suggest watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, another film by the same director and studio, if you haven't already. :smile:
Original post by Unknown?

Original post by Unknown?
Guess who just got Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 in the post. :ahee:

On another note when the hell is 3.33 going to come out...

They're both amazing, you won't be disappointed, especially Eva 2.22 which is just :coma:

Sadly, I doubt it will be out this year or even next year and even then there is normally a 6 month lag time for DVD/Blue Ray to come out then a lag for the subbers to fansub it, meaning we could be waiting until late 2012/early-mid 2013 :sadnod: (thats me being hopeful)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
Might I suggest watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, another film by the same director and studio, if you haven't already. :smile:

have it on DVD :smile: loved both films, just gotta decide what to watch next!
Reply 1569
have it on DVD :smile: loved both films, just gotta decide what to watch next!

Consider watching anything from Satoshi Kon? Tokyo Godfathers or Millennium Actress perhaps? :smile:
Reply 1570
My friend Kiki is planning to come over today to watch some anime with me, but has also decided to bring a few live action movies along with her too. It seems apt that I'm revisiting the anime adaptation of Prince of Tennis because that's one of them. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Consider watching anything from Satoshi Kon? Tokyo Godfathers or Millennium Actress perhaps? :smile:

cool, not seen those so will look them up :smile:
Original post by Facticity
They're both amazing, you won't be disappointed, especially Eva 2.22 which is just :coma:

Sadly, I doubt it will be out this year or even next year and even then there is normally a 6 month lag time for DVD/Blue Ray to come out then a lag for the subbers to fansub it, meaning we could be waiting until late 2012/early-mid 2013 :sadnod: (thats me being hopeful)

Ahh true. :frown: Let's just hope after such a long wait it's even better than Eva 2.22. :biggrin:
Reply 1573
For those interested, it seems another television series of Hunter x Hunter has been green lit for this fall.

Reply 1574
I've found an old iPod that I used as a storage device back in 2002 and it has some rather interesting anime stored on there. Tenshi na Konamaiki... :giggle:
According to ANN, Muv-Luv Alternative is also getting an anime adaptation. To someone not overly familiar with the franchise (Akane Maniax aside), it seems a weird place to start, since it is based on a novel that's based on a sequel to a game that hasn't been adapted to anime itself... :hmmmm2: Though from what I've read on ANN, Alternative is very highly rated among fans of visual novels, and featured Norio Wakamoto's voice... if he's also in the anime, I will watch it. :p:

Original post by Aiko
I've found an old iPod that I used as a storage device back in 2002 and it has some rather interesting anime stored on there. Tenshi na Konamaiki... :giggle:

Interesting in what way? I ask because that's one of the many series I have downloaded ready to watch in future. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1576
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Interesting in what way? I ask because that's one of the many series I have downloaded ready to watch in future. :smile:

The animation was poor, particularly the character design, and the premise was ridiculous, to say the least. Nonetheless, it was absolutely hilarious. I think I laughed at least once, usually more, during each episode. Unfortunately, it started to lose its momentum midway I found, but I suspect that won't be much of an issue if you're not watching it weekly like I did.
Reply 1577
Jeez, I even kept Dragon Drive on here; all 38 episodes of it. :erm: But to compensate, Chobits seems to have been stored as well. :smile:

Edit: I can tell this was pre Winny because of the filenames. I remember sourcing the majority of my anime back then from a Japanese message board that tended to include the user's account name. I think a lot of them ripped the episode directly themselves.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
The animation was poor, particularly the character design, and the premise was ridiculous, to say the least. Nonetheless, it was absolutely hilarious. I think I laughed at least once, usually more, during each episode. Unfortunately, it started to lose its momentum midway I found, but I suspect that won't be much of an issue if you're not watching it weekly like I did.

I'll admit that it was the prospect of getting the TMS badge that brought the series to my attention. :p: But they've produced a lot of other series I could have singled out instead, and it was the ridiculous premise that drew me to Tenshi na Konamaiki. :giggle:

[EDIT]

Original post by Aiko
Jeez, I even kept Dragon Drive on here; all 38 episodes of it. :erm:

Once again, can you please elaborate? :smile: The person who recommended it to me only had good things to say about it. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1579
Original post by Aiko
For those interested, it seems another television series of Hunter x Hunter has been green lit for this fall.

oh :zomg: thats good to see :smile:

Latest