We shall see... :L

I'm hopeful rather than expectant :tongue:
Original post by paddy__power
I'm hopeful rather than expectant :tongue:

Good! It will be easier to get over the disappointment :L
Original post by The Patriot
Good! It will be easier to get over the disappointment :L

Haha, well it's all fun :smile:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820ede10/article/nfl-owners-players-make-significant-progress-in-labor-talks?module=HP11_headline_stack

Finally. Some truly positive moves.

However, I'm gutted about the Brady et al Law suit being dropped. (Not just cuz it' Brady lol)
Fingers crossed. HOF game :rant:
Reply 1846
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820ede10/article/nfl-owners-players-make-significant-progress-in-labor-talks?module=HP11_headline_stack

Finally. Some truly positive moves.

However, I'm gutted about the Brady et al Law suit being dropped. (Not just cuz it' Brady lol)

Unrelated but do you think Stevan Ridley could be a fantasy sleeper this year ? He was nasty for LSU but dunno if he will hit the ground running and open up the power game for the Pats or it will take a while for him to show up, Belichik loves runningback by committee too which makes me cautious too but worth a flyer on the last pick I think
Reply 1847
Afternoon all!

How's things?

Reasonably new to TSR, huge Cowboys fan, so guess this is the place to be! :lol:
Original post by alexsong
Unrelated but do you think Stevan Ridley could be a fantasy sleeper this year ? He was nasty for LSU but dunno if he will hit the ground running and open up the power game for the Pats or it will take a while for him to show up, Belichik loves runningback by committee too which makes me cautious too but worth a flyer on the last pick I think

Personally, I would steer clear of all New England running backs except BJGE in a late-ish round, or Danny Woodhead in the last pick.

The reason is, the Patriots are likely to start next year with BJGE (a 1000-yard back who has proven himself), Danny Woodhead (an effective 3rd down back and receiver out of the backfield), Shane Vereen (a tough, between the tackles, short yardage back) and finally Steven Ridley (who is a bit of a combo).

As a rookie, in a back field of 4 (2 of which are proven, veteran starters), Ridley would do well to get a few hundred yards and a couple of touchdowns this year.
Original post by tbag1
Afternoon all!

How's things?

Reasonably new to TSR, huge Cowboys fan, so guess this is the place to be! :lol:

Afternoon :chaplain:

Things are good personally, but none of us will be happy until this CBA is sorted and the free-agency period begins.

Would you be interested in Fantasy Football? (basically the same as fantasy (soccer) football).
Reply 1850
Afternoon :chaplain:

Things are good personally, but none of us will be happy until this CBA is sorted and the free-agency period begins.

Would you be interested in Fantasy Football? (basically the same as fantasy (soccer) football).

Glad to hear it!

Yes it's a pain in the neck, isn't it! But sure if we are looking for a single lining, free-agency is going to friggin exciting one the lockout is lifted! :lol:

I certainly would be! Won my league last year :wink: but struggling to fill it this year! Where do I sign up?!
Original post by tbag1
Glad to hear it!

Yes it's a pain in the neck, isn't it! But sure if we are looking for a single lining, free-agency is going to friggin exciting one the lockout is lifted! :lol:

I certainly would be! Won my league last year :wink: but struggling to fill it this year! Where do I sign up?!

I've put you on the list :smile: We have 17 confirmed now. So It might make it to the maximum of 20 by next monday (my deadline).
Reply 1852
aaaaand for the league name- "Any Given Sunday"

How does that sound guys?
Reply 1853
I've put you on the list :smile: We have 17 confirmed now. So It might make it to the maximum of 20 by next monday (my deadline).

Excellent :biggrin:

Look forward to it!

Original post by Dappaman

Sounds great! I like it!
Original post by Dappaman

I second this :smile:
Been thinking about team names for this fantasy football thing... I'm gonna go with either "No Punt Intended" or "Fourth Down Syndrome" (perhaps overstepping the line?) :biggrin: My mate had a good one with "The Romosexuals" but I'd rather get a better QB :frown:

I'm liking "Any Given Sunday" for the league name though.
League title sounds fine.

Do we get to pick out kit and such? I have no idea what sort of graphics are used to fulfill the functions.
Reply 1857
Original post by paddy__power
League title sounds fine.

Do we get to pick out kit and such? I have no idea what sort of graphics are used to fulfill the functions.

there is no kit and no graphics, you pick a team name but thats it, basically its just a list of names on the screen (during games you will see live updates next to them of their stats) and the points they have scored you. Then you can drag and drop a player from the team list to bench and vice versa, but only prior to the game for the person on the bench and the person you are taking off your team :smile:
Original post by Greg1989
there is no kit and no graphics, you pick a team name but thats it, basically its just a list of names on the screen (during games you will see live updates next to them of their stats) and the points they have scored you. Then you can drag and drop a player from the team list to bench and vice versa, but only prior to the game for the person on the bench and the person you are taking off your team :smile:

Oh okay fair enough :smile:
Looks like tomorrow could be the day we finally get the end of this damned lockout. I really hope so.

Latest