The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dni2011
UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS OR UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM???

Which city do you think is better?
Which uni overall?
Any opinions on anything at all!?

I need to choose between Leeds or Birmingham, I have offers for Civil Engineering at both.

I haven't been to both since im an international student, and I need your help:smile:

I know zilch about U of Birmingham because I've never been, but I have been to the city and it. Is. A. Dive.

Leeds is far better as a city.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dni2011

Which uni overall?

I need to choose between Leeds or Birmingham, I have offers for Civil Engineering at both.

I haven't been to both since im an international student, and I need your help:smile:

My best friend goes to the University of Birmingham, and she's having the time of her life. The campus is absolutely stunning, beautiful redbrick buildings and has very American campus feeling. However, as jeffercake said, apart from a very small pocket around the Bullring, the city is horrible from my experience. Leeds is a much nicer city, and I would much rather go there than Birmingham (as my choice of University might indicate...).
Reply 1002
Original post by dni2011

Which uni overall?

check university rankings for your subject, but i went to the university of birmingham for interview and its seemed soo sad and gloomy, leeds seemed much nicer so i picked it up :biggrin: the city itself is sooo coool :biggrin:
English Lit + Theatre Studies, but not sure whether to switch to English Lang + Lit... anyone got any info about the courses?
Original post by PapaNichs
English Lit + Theatre Studies, but not sure whether to switch to English Lang + Lit... anyone got any info about the courses?

There's ****loads of info on the website, you can view detailed info on each module available.
You can take electives - perhaps you could do 40 credits in lit, 40 in lang and 40 in theatre studies? Then you have the option to change course at the end of year one.

hth
Reply 1005
hi i want to be released from the university of leeds as it is my firm choice but i can no longer go there. who do i contact and can anyone give me an email of who i should contact thanks
Original post by jeffercake
There's ****loads of info on the website, you can view detailed info on each module available.
You can take electives - perhaps you could do 40 credits in lit, 40 in lang and 40 in theatre studies? Then you have the option to change course at the end of year one.

hth

Is that just for courses involving English Lit/Lang or is it for any course, do you know?
Reply 1007
Original post by Bella Occhi
Is that just for courses involving English Lit/Lang or is it for any course, do you know?

Go here, choose which department you want and click search. A list of all courses run by that department come up and you click on whichever one you want. (Be advised that the information may not be up-to-date/complete and they are still finalising things, I think.)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bella Occhi

Yeh, as posted above. You can search for any course on their website and there is a detailed description of each module. It's pretty good!
A better link is this one - you can also check out the electives by checking the elective box and leaving the school and subject boxes blank :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
hi all) aviation technology and management :smile:
Reply 1010
helooooooo!!!

i got my accommodation and its it leodis room H4.26!!!!

Anyone with me or close to me?:biggrin: and what does H stand for? is it in a good location??
Reply 1011
Original post by dni2011
helooooooo!!!

i got my accommodation and its it leodis room H4.26!!!!

Anyone with me or close to me?:biggrin: and what does H stand for? is it in a good location??

It means you're in block H, floor 4, flat 2, room 6.
Reply 1012
thats soo complicated soo many symbols haha, but it makes sense tho
Reply 1013
anyone heard anything about SAMARA PLAZA private accommodation??????? im a postgrad coming in september 2011.
Reply 1014
Hey everyone, just got my unconditional through! Really excited to start :smile:
Reply 1015
Original post by hakone88
Hey everyone, just got my unconditional through! Really excited to start :smile:

me tooo!
postgrad or undergrad, and whats ur course?:biggrin:
Reply 1016
Original post by dni2011
me tooo!
postgrad or undergrad, and whats ur course?:biggrin:

Hey, it's for Electronic Engineering and Nanotechnology. It's an integrated masters course, so both I guess :P

What about you? ^^;
Reply 1017
Original post by hakone88
Hey, it's for Electronic Engineering and Nanotechnology. It's an integrated masters course, so both I guess :P

What about you? ^^;

im taking Msc engineering project management :biggrin:
A quick question about electives - I know you can take 40 credits in other subjects but is that 2 modules from the same subject or can it be 2 modules from different subjects?
Reply 1019
Original post by Alexandra289
A quick question about electives - I know you can take 40 credits in other subjects but is that 2 modules from the same subject or can it be 2 modules from different subjects?

It might depend on your course, but I know people who did their electives in different subjects. Although, I think once you get to third year, then you have to do electives in the school of your course and not outside.

Latest