The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'll admit that it was the prospect of getting the TMS badge that brought the series to my attention. :p: But they've produced a lot of other series I could have singled out instead, and it was the ridiculous premise that drew me to Tenshi na Konamaiki. :giggle:

It was one of the first anime series I tentatively followed each week in the UK (didn't watch much anime during my first year). If you can look past the animation, it should at least make you laugh. :giggle:

Once again, can you please elaborate? :smile: The person who recommended it to me only had good things to say about it. :p:

It's highly generic, there's nothing particularly significant or original about it. Why anybody would recommend it is beyond me when there's many more even within its genre that are worth watching instead.
Reply 1581
Original post by vin
oh :zomg: thats good to see :smile:

No confirmation as to whether it'll be a sequel or not. If it is, given Togashi's poor health later on, it'll be interesting to see how they adapt it. What's more surprising is that the fall is not too long away. In any case, more HxH is a good thing regardless of what they give us. :smile:
Reply 1582
Episode 15 of Ao no Exorcist was really quite something. I didn't expect the arrival of a certain character nor the revelation that occurred at the end. The story is really coming together now which is great to see. Looking forward to the next episode. :smile:
The first Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira OVA is out... do not know if want. :hmmmm2:
Reply 1584
The first Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira OVA is out... do not know if want. :hmmmm2:

Given the director, probably not. :no:
Reply 1585
It looks horrendous..........I'm downloading it.
Reply 1586
well Id like to watch it :huff:

watched the 3rd ep of sacred seven, still not really thinking much of it :s: I dont think it's bad but I dont really find it very interesting.:s-smilie: GGs included ads are starting to get excessive.:wtf: Morning rescue was great because it was so ":lolwut: :rofl:".
Reply 1587
Original post by vin
watched the 3rd ep of sacred seven, still not really thinking much of it :s: I dont think it's bad but I dont really find it very interesting.:s-smilie: GGs included ads are starting to get excessive.:wtf: Morning rescue was great because it was so ":lolwut: :rofl:".

Agreed, it's not great but equally not bad either. I'm sticking with it regardless.

Also, get on MSN. :hmmm:
Started watching Gintama again a few days ago. I watched the first three episodes about a year ago and wasn't that impressed, but I thought I'd give it another go; I'm currently up to the low teens and I'm loving it. Every episode seems to make me laugh at least once.

Does it get into arcs or does it stay episodic?
Reply 1589
Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC
Started watching Gintama again a few days ago. I watched the first three episodes about a year ago and wasn't that impressed, but I thought I'd give it another go; I'm currently up to the low teens and I'm loving it. Every episode seems to make me laugh at least once.

Ah Gintama is genius. Its mostly episodic, but it does have a few big arcs. Its one of the few shows that can make me cry and laugh in quick succession!
Reply 1590
Appleseed XIII interesting animation:erm: the machines looked good but the people :s:....
I finished Fantastic Children earlier (review in reviews thread). I'll be watching Hime-sama Goyoujin next; studio Nomad + the A-P rating should probably have me worried, but it sounds fun. :sadnod: Either way, at 12 episodes if it does suck then at least it'll be over and done with fast.

I've been working my way through my priority downloads list (it is long); aside from the ones I've already had to forget about due to lack of subs, I found that Mama is a 4th Grader, Flint the Time Detective and Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics aren't available in a form that will satisfy my OCD. By that, I mean the latter two are at least partially available dubbed, but with some episodes removed/merged for censorship or similar rubbish. :sad: To make matters worse, Grimm's is technically two series, the first of which actually seems to be subbed, but A-P lists both under one entry so I wouldn't be able to mark that as watched. :sigh: As much as I love A-P, I do wonder sometimes whether MAL or another site would be easier on my OCD. :p:

On the plus side, and proving that the older a series is doesn't necessarily make it less likely to be subbed, I've found a source for Takarajima. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Gintama! I agree with the cry/laugh thing! The last episode I watched made me do both and that was 130-something, so yeah. Stick with it. I take Gintama breaks whenever I'm busy with no problems trying to remember what happened last time since it's largely episodic (well, usually 2 or 3 linked episodes but hardly an arc).
Good stuff! Don't drink while watching it (spit all over your laptop screen). :top:
I finished Fantastic Children earlier (review in reviews thread). I'll be watching Hime-sama Goyoujin next; studio Nomad + the A-P rating should probably have me worried, but it sounds fun. :sadnod: Either way, at 12 episodes if it does suck then at least it'll be over and done with fast.

I've been working my way through my priority downloads list (it is long); aside from the ones I've already had to forget about due to lack of subs, I found that Mama is a 4th Grader, Flint the Time Detective and Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics aren't available in a form that will satisfy my OCD. By that, I mean the latter two are at least partially available dubbed, but with some episodes removed/merged for censorship or similar rubbish. :sad: To make matters worse, Grimm's is technically two series, the first of which actually seems to be subbed, but A-P lists both under one entry so I wouldn't be able to mark that as watched. :sigh: As much as I love A-P, I do wonder sometimes whether MAL or another site would be easier on my OCD. :p:

On the plus side, and proving that the older a series is doesn't necessarily make it less likely to be subbed, I've found a source for Takarajima. :biggrin:

What's MAL?
Anyone on here know of an anime program that was on tv before Christmas around 4am they used to have one on the bbc every day for 2 weeks.

The movie was about a boy I believe that was protecting a fort and these dogs kept coming up and attacking it. Their was magic involved, and evil wizard I believe.

Not much info I know but thought it's worth a shot... apart from that goooooooooo Hayao Miyazaki :biggrin:
Original post by EskimoJo
What's MAL?

My Anime List. :yes:

Original post by Smilingsam
Anyone on here know of an anime program that was on tv before Christmas around 4am they used to have one on the bbc every day for 2 weeks.

The movie was about a boy I believe that was protecting a fort and these dogs kept coming up and attacking it. Their was magic involved, and evil wizard I believe.

Not much info I know but thought it's worth a shot... apart from that goooooooooo Hayao Miyazaki :biggrin:

Well it's almost guaranteed to be Ghibli if it's a movie shown on the BBC (even at such an off peak time)... but the only one that's remotely like that is Tales from Earthsea. :hmmmm2: Princess Mononoke at a real push...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1596
This weaboo girl in Ikoku Meiro :mmm:

Isnt Kamille a mans name:hmmm:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1597
I was under the impression that Channel 4/Film 4 were the only broadcaster to show Ghibli. Good to see that the BBC are attempting to show more alternative media, even if it's at an ungodly hour. :tongue:

What does weaboo mean? :redface:
Original post by Aiko
I was under the impression that Channel 4/Film 4 were the only broadcaster to show Ghibli. Good to see that the BBC are attempting to show more alternative media, even if it's at an ungodly hour. :tongue:

What does weaboo mean? :redface:

It's a person who basically likes to think they're Japanese - it's usually the type of people who use "kawaii <3 " and "BAKA!" and all other random Japanese words in sentences.

... They give most of us people who like anime a bad name...
Reply 1599
It's a person who basically likes to think they're Japanese - it's usually the type of people who use "kawaii <3 " and "BAKA!" and all other random Japanese words in sentences.

... They give most of us people who like anime a bad name...

Oh yes, I seem to remember somebody else explaining this to me in the past. :tongue: In a way, it's quite flattering that people of a different race admire another to the point of imitation. :smile:

Latest