The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yoyo462001
To be honest they are close, but for me after seeing the GS II screen I would get it if I had a choice.

I haven't actually seen either of them physically but if I could have one or the other I'd have the Sensation out of brand loyalty (my Desire has been fantastic). However, I'm planning to wait another couple of generations (I'm guessing around a year and a half) before looking at getting a new phone. :smile:
Worth getting a Samsung Galaxy S II at the mo?
I'm due a upgrade in December(I've currently got the HTC Legend). Does anyone know what could be out then?
Original post by TheCasual
I'm due a upgrade in December(I've currently got the HTC Legend). Does anyone know what could be out then?

Maybe the next Nexus phone, which going off rumour entirely as if it's fact, will be awesome.
Original post by mikeyd85

Maybe the next Nexus phone, which going off rumour entirely as if it's fact, will be awesome.

I still can't decide if I should wait for it or get an SGS II
Original post by wizard710
I still can't decide if I should wait for it or get an SGS II

The longer you take to decide, the easier the answer gets... :wink:
Reply 5546
I'd definitely get an SGS II now rather than wait for a Nexus.
The SGS2 is great, the UI is far nice than Sense IMO. I can't really see any draw over to HTC, the build quality is pretty poor as are the cameras. If i were offered the Sensation or the SGS2 i'd stick with the latter for sure.

Changing the topic a bit, what do people here recommend as the best launcher? And is it normal for GoLauncher to list apps with shortcuts on the homescreen as 'running' even though they haven't been opened and task manager confirms that they're not running?
SGS2 look more like cheap version of iphone and HTC Sensation look more like android phone.
Reply 5549
Original post by bengalisoldier
SGS2 look more like cheap version of iphone and HTC Sensation look more like android phone.

You've clearly never seen the S2 or Sensation in person.
I just found a 2p machine app!!!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.leftover.CoinDozer

They don't look like 2p's, but it sure is fun for about 5 minutes!
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.secretexit.dismount&feature=search_result

I'm playing this one at the moment - loads of fun. Love the ability to put your mates faces in to the game! Hahahaha!
My swiftkey seems to have broken...

It never predicts the word I want anymore...in fact it predicts words I've never used in a text, nor will ever use in a text!!

Suggestions?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
My swiftkey seems to have broken...

It never predicts the word I want anymore...in fact it predicts words I've never used in a text, nor will ever use in a text!!

Suggestions?

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Swift Key > Clear Cache

Or something close to those lines anyway. It should work. :smile:
Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Swift Key > Clear Cache

Or something close to those lines anyway. It should work. :smile:

The button for clear cache is greyed out...
Original post by G8D
It doesn't have a cache then.

But then what can I do to make it say the words I use not random words?!?!
Original post by G8D
Have you tried looking at the settings for the app? Uninstlaling/reinstalling?

I might have to uninstall/reinstall... :sadnod:
Original post by richwhite

Original post by richwhite
What? http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Android+%28GOOG%29+Makes+Mobile+OS+Gain+in+June,+Nokias+%28NOK%29+Symbian+Still+Leads/6621330.html

Last i checked Apple had something like 18% of the market, putting it behind Nokia and Android

Do you know if there's any way of getting messages and data from the N900 to an Android phone?>
Original post by alex_hk90
I thought it was relatively close between the Galaxy S II and the Sensation (with the Galaxy S II edging it)? I've got a Desire (running a Desire HD ported ROM) and really like Sense (2.1 / 3.0). :dontknow:

Nah man, the Galaxy SII is no where near as good as the HTC. The camera is good and the screen is great but everythin else is sloooow. The wiz as opposed to the HTC sense is pants. Super slow and ending phone calls you've got to press cancel call several times before it recognises your input!
Original post by wizard710
They've just updated it so it uses less battery

Thats true. Also, the new HTC phones have improved lith ion battery packs so they last the same as ordinary phones now! Do you remember last year when you had to recharge them every day! Sooo annoying! Not anymore thankfully

Latest

Trending

Trending