The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
http://www.ucas.com/students/results/examresults

I don't see the French Bac in this list !
I sent it to UCL, so everything should be fine !
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Groat
I thought this may be a good place to post this. I am applying for Economics for 2012 entry. I'm not sure I want to apply to two London universities in UCL and LSE, so have to make the tricky decision of choosing one.

To those who are doing Economics: Why did you pick UCL over LSE?

My brother is currently doing Economics at LSE.
The point is, when he applied to both UCL and LSE he got rejected by UCL almost instantly, about a week after applying. My brother had great grades and a killer personal statement so him being rejected because he wasn't a good candidate is honestly out of the question (in my opinion, I am after all, his sister). I don't know if it has something to do with UCL and LSE dividing the people applying for both amongst themselves, but I wouldn't risk applying for both anyway.

Honestly, I think when it comes to Economics, The London School Of Economics has a one up on UCL.
Reply 442
Original post by carpe*diem

they told me that we would all receive a "status package" later this month with lots of info, telling us when/how to submit any certificates/proof to them, preliminary summer reading lists ( :s-smilie: ) and further info.

Did you ever receive this package? I still haven't received anything from them!
I'm doing law with German law too btw :biggrin:
Reply 443
TSR is new to me, but I got the "status package" in the post a few days ago so it should reach most people soon - if not - give UCL a ring.

Hopefully if results day goes to plan, I should be studying law at UCL. Anyone else for law in September??
Reply 444
Hi :smile:
I still haven't received confirmation they got my accomodation application :/ Getting worried! Tried e-mailing them and no reply. I guess I should give them a ring today!

Has anyone else NOT been on a post-offer department day? I never got invited...I think it was because I received my offer in March, so they'd already done them...
Reply 445
Original post by RachMul
TSR is new to me, but I got the "status package" in the post a few days ago so it should reach most people soon - if not - give UCL a ring.

Hopefully if results day goes to plan, I should be studying law at UCL. Anyone else for law in September??

Meee :smile:
I've ordered the books on the list just now, 1000 pages British Government and Constitution book doesn't look fun!
Reply 446
Original post by Acromida
Hi :smile:
I still haven't received confirmation they got my accomodation application :/ Getting worried! Tried e-mailing them and no reply. I guess I should give them a ring today!

Has anyone else NOT been on a post-offer department day? I never got invited...I think it was because I received my offer in March, so they'd already done them...

They didn't send me any confirmation either, I gave them a ring and they said they had it on the system.
I also didn't go on a post-offer department day, I was in the same situation with timings. I emailed the law admissions office and they set up a day to show me around and give me some information so it might be worth checking with your department :smile:
Reply 447
Original post by steffanie
Meee :smile:
I've ordered the books on the list just now, 1000 pages British Government and Constitution book doesn't look fun!

Not to mention the fact that it hasn't even been published yet! I've also pre-ordered the constitution one and just got the English Legal system one in the post. Roll on September!
Reply 448
Original post by RachMul
Not to mention the fact that it hasn't even been published yet! I've also pre-ordered the constitution one and just got the English Legal system one in the post. Roll on September!

Eek, I know! I was thinking I could have had a quick flick through of it before we started but I don't see that happening now...
I'm intrigued as to what this work they're sending us next month will be!
Reply 449
Does anyone know if the law students and law + language students share some of the same classes? I'm doing Law with Hispanic Law :smile:
Reply 450
ALso, where do I find the reading list?? Or do they send it to us? (I'm currently away)
Original post by Havok!
ALso, where do I find the reading list?? Or do they send it to us? (I'm currently away)

I would like to know this as well!
Reply 452
Original post by Havok!

Mine was sent through the post with a little pack of information :smile:
Original post by Havok!
Does anyone know if the law students and law + language students share some of the same classes? I'm doing Law with Hispanic Law :smile:

Hi,

In your first year you will study the same four modules as those studying "straight Law" with the addition of an extra module entitled "Introduction to Spanish Law". For the former four modules you will be in the same lectures/tutorials as everyone else. No need to worry -- you won't be segregated away!

If you are joining UCL Law in September (or are expecting to) then join the UCL Law Society's 2011/12 Fresher's group that you can find here.

All the best,

Sam.
Original post by RachMul

meee! good luck with your results, hopefully see you in september :smile:

and omg those 1000 unpublished pages on the british government and constitution can bring it
For the fee questionnaire do we have to photocopy every page of our pastport or just the picture page?
Reply 456
Original post by Noodlzzz
For the fee questionnaire do we have to photocopy every page of our pastport or just the picture page?

I photocopied every page, don't know if it was necessary though :tongue:
Reply 457

No, I asked the people at the police station and they said you only needed the picture page :wink:
Original post by BettyJ
No, I asked the people at the police station and they said you only needed the picture page :wink:

Why the police?
Reply 459
Why the police?

Because that's were we go when we need a passport, so I just assumed they would know the answer as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending