The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

i have emailed them AGAIN. lets see what they tell me this time...
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by nikki-jones2009
i have emailed them AGAIN. lets see what they tell me this time...

Ohhh what u say this time?
i emailed a few days ago asking whats happening with the system, they said it should be fixed next week :angry:
Original post by Jordan
Ohhh what u say this time?
i emailed a few days ago asking whats happening with the system, they said it should be fixed next week :angry:

i put:

'I was told that I would receive my accommodation offer by beginning of July (because I have an unconditional offer) and my accommodation contract by the end of July. I still have not received either. So I am just enquiring when I will receive my offer and my contact.'
Reply 83
i put:

'I was told that I would receive my accommodation offer by beginning of July (because I have an unconditional offer) and my accommodation contract by the end of July. I still have not received either. So I am just enquiring when I will receive my offer and my contact.'

it just angers me alot, if we handed in an assignment a month late they would kick us out faster than we could say 'we had technical difficulties!'
But cause its the university, then think its fine!
Original post by Laharll
expect it to be 18th august and if it comes through before then be happy. that way you don't get your hopes up. they said the end of july so there's still like 5 days I guess. they should of just been honest and if they are snowed under, let people know...it's better than lying "1 more week, month, etc".

im giving them till the end of this week before i join the mob anyway :biggrin:

Original post by Jordan
i wanna know so badly! i email shu, they said that people with unconditional places will get allocated this month, and get contracts next month :smile:

I emailed Hallam and asked. But 2bh I don’t even know if it’s true or what; as they told me that we would get our offers through weeks ago, and our contracts by end of July; and we haven’t!!

She just said u have a week after ure contract comes through to pay your deposit. But we will get our offers through first then maybe a few weeks later our contracts through?

same! they must be behind on their workload! as they told me we would find out where we were going to live begining of july and get contracts end of july! well at least we know we should get our offers by end of next week!

from reading through all the posts in this thread i can see that there has been some confusion in the accomodation department. i can see a common pattern though.

most people have been given confirmation of their place around june/july,
allocations to be made by end of july.
contracts will come through mid august.

thats my best guess
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jordan
it just angers me alot, if we handed in an assignment a month late they would kick us out faster than we could say 'we had technical difficulties!'
But cause its the university, then think its fine!

i know! it is reallly annooyyying! what accom have you applied for btw? and what you doing at uni ? :smile:
Reply 86
im gonna be doing nursing, ive applied for victoria halls - if i get in there ill be shocked!
Reply 87
hows about you?
Original post by Jordan
hows about you?

im doing building surveying! ahh i have applied for victoria halls too! i really hope i get it. coz i dnt want my second choice 'exchange works' don't know why i even choose it :frown:
Reply 89
im doing building surveying! ahh i have applied for victoria halls too! i really hope i get it. coz i dnt want my second choice 'exchange works' don't know why i even choose it :frown:

haha cool, you never know we might be flat mates!!
my second choice is pinnicles... i have not got a clue why i picked that!
im getting tempted to just book my accommodation straight through unite, i jsut want to know where im living :smile:
Original post by Jordan
haha cool, you never know we might be flat mates!!
my second choice is pinnicles... i have not got a clue why i picked that!
im getting tempted to just book my accommodation straight through unite, i jsut want to know where im living :smile:

i wouldn't do that. If you do it that way they aperiently add loads of costs on top such as admin fees...fb?
Reply 91
i wouldn't do that. If you do it that way they aperiently add loads of costs on top such as admin fees...fb?

Ahhh true say actually, yeah man, email is [email protected] - just search with that :smile:
Original post by Jordan
Ahhh true say actually, yeah man, email is [email protected] - just search with that :smile:

lol @ ure email
Reply 93
i get excited everytime i get an email incase its my accommodation.... im getting sick of waiting now (i only became unconditional last week and im already fed up lol!)
Original post by jde-tv
i get excited everytime i get an email incase its my accommodation.... im getting sick of waiting now (i only became unconditional last week and im already fed up lol!)

u get ure accom. offer by post :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Jordan
im gonna be doing nursing, ive applied for victoria halls - if i get in there ill be shocked!

Im doing nursing :smile: you doing degree or diploma? I applied from Brammal Court then victoria Halls. :smile: But it seems everyone has applied for Victoria Halls. :/
hallam are seriously PIs*ing me off! post came today....still no bloody accomodation letter :angry: how long do hey wanna take :angry: ffffsss
Reply 97
Same! I had two blank envolopes come through, got excited! Was something else though :frown:
Reply 98
Hi, I just rang accommodation services to see if I would be hearing about my accommodation offer this week as its the end of July and I have an unconditional place at SHU. They said that they're allocating now and that I'll hear sometime in August. So looks like it might be a slightly longer wait than we were expecting.... x
Original post by poppyfield
Hi, I just rang accommodation services to see if I would be hearing about my accommodation offer this week as its the end of July and I have an unconditional place at SHU. They said that they're allocating now and that I'll hear sometime in August. So looks like it might be a slightly longer wait than we were expecting.... x

omg that takes the total pis!!!! they said at first we would hear begining of july, then end of july NOW august!! they are so unorganised...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending