The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
at least the site is back online now :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by nikki-jones2009
omg that takes the total pis!!!! they said at first we would hear begining of july, then end of july NOW august!! they are so unorganised...

Absolute joke, so what was the point of me applying at the beginning of March? Looks like they're waiting for results day and allocating everyone at the same time, but don't want to admit it.

Next they'll be saying that it doesn't matter when you applied or what you chose because everyone will be allocated randomly when they turn up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Jordan
at least the site is back online now :smile:

And my status is exactly the same haha :rolleyes:
Reply 103
Original post by _Mazza_
And my status is exactly the same haha :rolleyes:

haha so in mine, but at least we can see if we have been allocated now :smile:
im trying to see a bright side in this mess hallam have created themselves :rolleyes:
Reply 104
has anybody's status changed to processing? I've been 'awaiting allocation' since February!! :mad:
Original post by _Mazza_
Absolute joke, so what was the point of me applying at the beginning of March? Looks like they're waiting for results day and allocating everyone at the same time, but don't want to admit it.

Next they'll be saying that it doesn't matter when you applied or what you chose because everyone will be allocated randomly when they turn up.

yh i really hope they don't do it that way! because i really want my 1st choice :frown:i applied at end of march :frown:
Original post by Jordan
haha so in mine, but at least we can see if we have been allocated now :smile:
im trying to see a bright side in this mess hallam have created themselves :rolleyes:

i think they will send us letters out first before they change our status on the website :frown:

Original post by sarahhx91
has anybody's status changed to processing? I've been 'awaiting allocation' since February!! :mad:

nope...thats hallam for you :frown:
Reply 107
meh.... so we have to wait even longer!!! I applied in feb and as far as i know i was the first one on this forum to do so! I best get one of my choices :tongue:

like someone else said, wouldnt shock me if we all just turn up in september and they just throw random keys to anyone!
Reply 108
Yeahh mines still processing, i have a conditional offer though so it wont change to 'processing' until results day is colse :frown:
Original post by nikki-jones2009
i think they will send us letters out first before they change our status on the website :frown:

nope...thats hallam for you :frown:

mine has been changed to processing just checked it today :smile: if it helps im not trying to rub it in haha, im same as all you people unconditional offer, applied in like feb march
Original post by Ad_pearce92
mine has been changed to processing just checked it today :smile: if it helps im not trying to rub it in haha, im same as all you people unconditional offer, applied in like feb march

youuuu lukyyy mofoo :P :angry: oh how i envy you...lol
Reply 111
well at least they're finally allocating now and not still taking the p!
Reply 112
I've been allocated a room today. I got my tenancy agreement contract through the post. Bramall Court :smile:
Original post by Isa s
I've been allocated a room today. I got my tenancy agreement contract through the post. Bramall Court :smile:

you are luky! when did you apply? was it your first choice? did it say you had to pay the deposit within 7 days?
Reply 114
can't believe so many of you are complaining so much about the uni already and you're not even there yet! haha! i think it's okay for us to wait a little while... tech issues happen, and it's not like a bit of waiting means we'll be without ANYWHERE to live... have a little support for the uni you're going to! :biggrin:
Reply 115
I hope they are alocating in order of when people applied. because I got my name in the hat on essentially the morning when system was fixed.

just for anyone who does not already know brammal court and charlotte court are owned by and run by hallam so logicaly those are the first to be allocated
Original post by jde-tv
meh.... so we have to wait even longer!!! I applied in feb and as far as i know i was the first one on this forum to do so! I best get one of my choices :tongue:

like someone else said, wouldnt shock me if we all just turn up in september and they just throw random keys to anyone!

yeh i also applied in february. my status says awaiting allocation since 22/2/2010.
i had an iunconditional offer and i already hav my results which i emailed them in just over a week ago. takign the piss a bit considering i made sure i sent everything of as soon as i could. they better not just throw random keys to anyone! lol:mad:

just out of curiosity, what is everyones application number on the accommodation website? i know they say accomoddation number is random but i dont believe that for a second. mine is 6083
Reply 117
my number is 5000somthing...but I applied really early, like literally the morning it was fixed I really doubt 5000+ others got in before me

most likley the truth a randomly assigned integer I don't see what they have to gain by lying to people
Original post by Laharll
my number is 5000somthing...but I applied really early, like literally the morning it was fixed I really doubt 5000+ others got in before me

most likley the truth a randomly assigned integer I don't see what they have to gain by lying to people

they say its a random integer but i think its because they dont want thousands of people worrying about if they are gettign their first or secodn choice
Reply 119
my number is 6110.. i applied literally the day they got it running. i don't think it's random.. but there can'tve been that many people applying in one day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending