The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

17th/18th
Reply 541
Original post by Mousebudden
Anyone in here going to the royal bank of Scotland a level insight day?

I'm going to the RBS insight day tomorrow, should be interesting
Reply 542
Original post by somaiyar
I'm going to the RBS insight day tomorrow, should be interesting

Tell us how it was afterwards! I'm not doing it till august
Reply 543
Original post by Ruadhan
Tell us how it was afterwards! I'm not doing it till august

I went today, and it was really informative! They give you an insight into investment banking, then take you on a tour of the trading floor. Its how you imagine it to be, a massive glass building, with bodyguards and glass security doors. Theres a guy on the trading floor with 8 flashing computer screens and shouting down the phone. But there was also a good networking session and you get to tlak to current interns there as well
Reply 544
Original post by somaiyar
I went today, and it was really informative! They give you an insight into investment banking, then take you on a tour of the trading floor. Its how you imagine it to be, a massive glass building, with bodyguards and glass security doors. Theres a guy on the trading floor with 8 flashing computer screens and shouting down the phone. But there was also a good networking session and you get to tlak to current interns there as well

Correction: There was a dead networking session.
Original post by Sir KBS

Dead in what way?
Reply 546
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Dead in what way?

Dead in that it was boring, unhelpful and dragged on for ages.
Reply 547
Original post by Sir KBS

i_hate_teeth

It might just be me, but how are you actually meant to network when there's 10+ other people trying to do the same thing at the same time? Surely they are not going to distribute their contacts to all the people, right?
Original post by Sir KBS

Original post by twig
It might just be me, but how are you actually meant to network when there's 10+ other people trying to do the same thing at the same time? Surely they are not going to distribute their contacts to all the people, right?

Did either of you manage to get any contact info? What else did the day consist of?
I'm going to the RBS insight day tomorrow, I was just wondering, did everyone dress smartly? As in business clothes?
Original post by hannahhh13
I'm going to the RBS insight day tomorrow, I was just wondering, did everyone dress smartly? As in business clothes?

I think someone turned up in jeans yesterday, although excluding him, everyone was wearing business attire, because it says on the email something along the lines of 'Dress: business'. They didn't appear to mind that and the girls' not so business-like skirts, they were formal though.
Reply 551
Original post by SillyString
I think someone turned up in jeans yesterday, although excluding him, everyone was wearing business attire, because it says on the email something along the lines of 'Dress: business'. They didn't appear to mind that and the girls' not so business-like skirts, they were formal though.

Haha yeh Warwick mathematician rocked up in jeans. But to anyone wondering wear a suit so you atleast look presentable.
Reply 552
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Did either of you manage to get any contact info? What else did the day consist of?

Made a few contacts. Trading floor visit. Saw John Hourican and Antonio Polverino in their offices. M&A case study (best part of the day). Recent interns, markets & Banking grads talking about what they do and how they got there. DCM seems particularly live. Also had a session on how to wear a rolex sub, where to get the best deals on hermes ties and designer pinstripes, where best to have naps at 2.30am and wether you should have white or magnolia background on your business card- Very useful stuff.
Reply 553
Hey guys, does any one have any ideas on work experience to do this summer to strengthen my uni application for Economics? Many Thankssssss :smile:
Reply 554
Original post by Sir KBS

u were clearly outshone by other interns more keen than urself.
Reply 555
Original post by Pretence
u were clearly outshone by other interns more keen than urself.

As someone who has experienced the recruitment events/process (I think?), how are you actually meant to network when there's 10+ other people trying to do the same thing at the same time? Surely they are not going to distribute their contacts to all the people, right? By networking here I am talking about keeping in contact with the people in the bank, not other event attedees.
Reply 556
Did everyone who got in have to confirm it? I was only told to reply to a given e-mail address if I couldn't...
Original post by TheBatch
Did everyone who got in have to confirm it? I was only told to reply to a given e-mail address if I couldn't...

Same, I havn't heard from JPM or contacted them since I got the email accepting me.
Reply 558
Will JP Morgan still exist next year? The way the economic crisis is going, maybe some of you are going to need to find another way to rip helpless poor people off by peering into computer screens.
Reply 559
Original post by Competencies
Same, I havn't heard from JPM or contacted them since I got the email accepting me.

Exactly the same. They emailed saying they'd accepted but do we need to get in touch?

Also I've accidently managed to delete the email, all I have is the login page of my account at JP morgan that says I've been successful. Could someone please give me the address (10/11 august)

Quick Reply