The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shane, mason, tyler, curtis, dwayne, kade, kane, troy, leroy, brooklyn, tyrone
Reply 3
Magical Trevor.
Reply 4
There are such thing as "chav names"?...

Damn, some people need to find something better to do rather than categorising stupid things such as "chav names"
Reply 5
This may not go down too well! But here goes:

Boys:
- Wayne
- Darren
- Gareth
- Kevin
- Ricky
- Dave
- Craig
- Ryan
- Daryl
- Barry

Girls:
- Ashleigh, Hayleigh, Kayleigh, etc.
- Nicola
- Jade
- Bianca
- Cheryl
- Leah
- Vicky
- Stacey
- Michaela
- Chantelle
- Sharon

I wouldn't necessarily say they are 'chavvy', but they are common and I don't like some of those names. There are some others, though I can't think of them at the moment. I will add them later if I can.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Torquil, Crawford, Rupert, Pandora,Sebastian...

Srsly though...
Wayne
How the **** is a name chavvy?

'Chav' is just a term people use when looking down their nose at people with more unfortunate circumstances than them.
Original post by JollyGreenAtheist

'Chav' is just a term people use when looking down their nose at people with more unfortunate circumstances than them.

Are you actually that thick....?

A baby can't be born a chav, therefore the name is not chavvy. No name is chavvy. However the names people are typing is from personal experience..

Just like everyone associates the hoe with shaniqua lol
Reply 9
Mackenzie? Or Kenzie or whatever it is?
Reply 10
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude

A baby can't be born a chav, therefore the name is not chavvy. No name is chavvy. However the names people are typing is from personal experience..

yeah, but the parents are chavs hence the chavvy names.

for example, if william and kate have a baby they arent going to call it wayne, or charlene or chantelle are they!?
"Pete" is the chavviest most pathetic name ever.
Reply 12
Sean, Shane, Jamie, Callum,
Reply 13

that had me laughing for a while
Original post by hatemylife

Original post by hatemylife
Write a list of boys' names you deem to be 'chav'.

Want to see if mine comes up :ninja:

Feel free to throw in any girls' ones too.

Watch Jeremy Kyle and keep a list of their names. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by im so academic

This!

Doesn't detract from my second statement. There is no such thing as a chav. It's a nonexistent stereotype pedaled by people who are too up themselves to realise social inequality. It's a vile and derogatory term that should be stamped out of mainstream use.

Official Definition:Chav ( ) is a derogatory term used to describe certain young people in the United Kingdom. Also known as a charver in Yorkshire and North East England "chav" is often used to describe aggressive teenagers, of white working class background, who repeatedly engage in anti-social behaviour such as...Chavs are mainly people who behave anti socially.People who are in more unfournate situations to them are most of the time not chavs.A name can be chavy because people gang up as chavs and share the same interests and prefer certain names so these so called chavy names are passed down.However,some unchavy people also like these names so they are not completly chavy names.
Original post by im so academic

98% of boys referred to on the show are named McKenzie. FACT.

Also, chav names includes Alfie and Archie...........as complete names! People are doing this all the time with those names at the moment. It's like putting Dan, Dave or Mike on a birth certificate. Unbelievable.
Reply 19
Kyle and Keiran

Latest