The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

With that said the people involved in the UK game will have a greater appreciation for what every position does than a casual NFL fan. There aren't really "unsung heroes" as such, if you play well you will probably be recognized.
Original post by The Patriot
Oh. :/

How confusing LOL.

Ok Paddy... take what I said and reverse it :biggrin:

Your post was pretty much entirely wrong anyway, D have at least as much chance of getting glory as O do, and will rarely be blamed as much if things go wrong. And if you're not hurting people on O then you're ****, all D should be punished for even thinking that they're good enough to try and stop you.
He's probably talking about receivers. It's a different (and altogether gayer) world outside the box.
Original post by burningnun
He's probably talking about receivers. It's a different (and altogether gayer) world outside the box.

I'm talking all over - corners can make big plays, and WRs should be ringing bells on every run block they do. Though I agree that that almost everyone that plays outside the box is at least a little bit gay.
I'm a fins fan. I'm not massively impressed with Bush TBH.

And FGS :doh: we may even get Orton. Fantastic.
If you want the glory, go offense.

If you want to be an unsung hero, make great plays rarely (but more sweet when they happen), and hurt people. Play defense.

I played D. But offense is still really fun :smile: The only thing is, on offense you take the punishment, on defense, you dish it out :colone:

Original post by Hedgeman49
Wrong way round buddy, Paddy is going to be playing line. :tongue:

Unless they want a 20 something stone QB :awesome:
Original post by Hedgeman49
Your post was pretty much entirely wrong anyway, D have at least as much chance of getting glory as O do, and will rarely be blamed as much if things go wrong. And if you're not hurting people on O then you're ****, all D should be punished for even thinking that they're good enough to try and stop you.

Disagree entirely.

If your team is really ****, then yeah the D has as much chance as the O because they will be on field as much if nor more.

What hurts more really? A runningback stiff-arming a linebacker, or a linebacker creaming a running back?

A receiver blocking a corner (which as a corner I can say, doesn't hurt that much), or a corner/safety putting in a timed hiton the ribs as the receiver stretches out.

And everyone who plays line should know, that defensive linemen launch themselves at the O-linemen, the O-linemen just take the beating and block them back. The positive violent force comes from the defensive line.

Sure the o-line guys pushing back (and the occasional pancake) will hurt, but not as much as a d-line guy smashing you off the snap, or killing a running back or a Quarterback.
Original post by The Egg Militia

When he's healthy, Bush is an elite 3rd down back and is a great passing threat. The healthy bit is the only problem.

I like Orton, I don't think he's a particularly good fit in Miami but he's better than what you've currently got. I'll be interested to see how he gels with Marshall.
I think that's the problem though, with Ronnie and Ricky departing, we need an all down back. Guess I'll have to see. I was pretty negative when we got Marshall last year and although we still have a weak offence, I could see major differences when Marshall was present. We need more players like him.
Also, as a Cornerback... I can confirm that a fullback running into you at full speed on your first ever down really hurts xD
Original post by The Egg Militia

Orton = OK

Bush = Good (if he uses all his potential)

It's an upgrade to your team for sure. Just be happy your team hasn't completely ignored it's biggest need over the last 3 years in the draft and free agency thus far :/
Disagree entirely.

If your team is really ****, then yeah the D has as much chance as the O because they will be on field as much if nor more.

What hurts more really? A runningback stiff-arming a linebacker, or a linebacker creaming a running back?

A receiver blocking a corner (which as a corner I can say, doesn't hurt that much), or a corner/safety putting in a timed hiton the ribs as the receiver stretches out.

And everyone who plays line should know, that defensive linemen launch themselves at the O-linemen, the O-linemen just take the beating and block them back. The positive violent force comes from the defensive line.

Sure the o-line guys pushing back (and the occasional pancake) will hurt, but not as much as a d-line guy smashing you off the snap, or killing a running back or a Quarterback.

D can always force fumbles, intercept the ball, sack the QB or marmalise the ball carrier regardless of how many snaps they're on the field for.

I wasn't talking about stiff arms, I was talking about a RB lowering the shoulder on the tackler which can hurt just as much as any tackle.

Your point about the safety is pretty much all I agree with as they rarely get any hurt put on them unless they're up in the box, in which case they are pretty much an extra linebacker. I've seen some murderous hits put on corners by WRs when run blocking. A WR that takes their run blocking seriously is a dangerous commodity.

Don't talk about line... trust me, the O-line bring it just as much as the D-line, and because we know the snap count we even get a nice little jump on them. In run blocking it's obvious that O-line bring it more, but even in pass pro you can get some tasty shots. If D-line are smashing you off the snap then you need to sort your life out really.

QB is possibly the only position that gets the raw end of the deal when it comes to pain!
Wow. Just...
Note to self: learn to hurdle people.
Lowest man loses, just like I always thought.
Kolb is a Cardinal. Seems like a ridiculously high price though. The Cards gave a 2nd round pick and Rodgers-Cromartie for him.
Kolb was never going to be cheap.
Original post by Mandrake45
Kolb was never going to be cheap.

True. Think he's been way overrated though.

Texans are close to signing Nnamdi apparently as well.
Waiting to see what happens to Joseph myself. Dunno how much cap space the Hawks will have left after resigning Mebane but I can can always hope, right?

Latest