The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

well Hallam finally emailed me back...she said we will get allocated by the end of the month...contracts august....but somehow I don't see this happening....how can they possibly allocate that many people in the space of a couple of days...since it is nearly the end of the month ::/
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 121
well we all seem to have high numbers, maybe its not random. I think it must of started at 5000 or somthing though im yet to see any lower number.

only a few posted but I like to think people who are signed up to this forum are generally more organised when it comes to university than the faceless masses.

if anyone got in first it's likley to be people on here
my number is really high :frown: 7897
Reply 123
your number does not matter!!! for goodness sake have some faith people!
Reply 124
YES! :smile: my accommodation letter came this morning, just got home from work and found it waiting for me on the stairs! got my first choice! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: the trigon, flat B40, room B :biggrin:
Reply 125
Original post by Tim_1992
YES! :smile: my accommodation letter came this morning, just got home from work and found it waiting for me on the stairs! got my first choice! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: the trigon, flat B40, room B :biggrin:

Woop, hopefully the rest of us will get them soon then, congrats on your first choice :smile:
Reply 126
YES! looks like its finally happening! hope it comes tomorrow or saturday!

im number 5268 btw... as far as i know i applied on the first day it was working!

Iv applied for Trigon and Victoria halls!
(edited 12 years ago)

ahhh you are megga luky! 2 days for the rest of us to wait! woo
Reply 128
Original post by jde-tv
YES! looks like its finally happening! hope it comes tomorrow or saturday!

im number 5268 btw... as far as i know i applied on the first day it was working!

Iv applied for Trigon and Victoria halls!

i'm sure you will, i was number 7000 and something so the numbers don't mean anything, don't worry :smile: now to sign all the documents and read everything, there's LOADS in this pack haha, i don't know where to begin...
Reply 129
nice one on the offer, seems like a few are now coming through

if anyone wants to know I applied on the 17/2/11 and im 99% sure that was the first day it was working and like most of you i've heard nothing yet
i'm sure you will, i was number 7000 and something so the numbers don't mean anything, don't worry :smile: now to sign all the documents and read everything, there's LOADS in this pack haha, i don't know where to begin...

what kind of documents are they? and also does it ask you to send ure deposite with them?
Reply 131
Original post by nikki-jones2009
what kind of documents are they? and also does it ask you to send ure deposite with them?

there's loadssss, just like all the different kinds of deposits, sorting out your direct debit for your accommodation, your agreement, stuff to fill out about yourself and like emergency contact info and all that kind of thing...

yeah, it's like a £250 deposit, and then also some £8 one for insurance or something like that? i don't really get it completely yet lol but i've got to look through it all. and then it also mentions the £50 fee to set up your internet but i don't think you pay that until you're there. and it gives me the option to pay all my fee's at once for the accommodation or just set up my direct debit now to take it out in the 3 instalments...

i really can't wait to find my flatmates now! i'm dying to find someone in the same flat as me!
there's loadssss, just like all the different kinds of deposits, sorting out your direct debit for your accommodation, your agreement, stuff to fill out about yourself and like emergency contact info and all that kind of thing...

yeah, it's like a £250 deposit, and then also some £8 one for insurance or something like that? i don't really get it completely yet lol but i've got to look through it all. and then it also mentions the £50 fee to set up your internet but i don't think you pay that until you're there. and it gives me the option to pay all my fee's at once for the accommodation or just set up my direct debit now to take it out in the 3 instalments...

i really can't wait to find my flatmates now! i'm dying to find someone in the same flat as me!

does it say when you have to pay the deposite by? thats pretty cheap for insurance...dont mind paying that!
no accommodation for me today! :frown: boo. looks like mine will come tomorrow :/
no accommodation for me today! :frown: boo. looks like mine will come tomorrow :/

This may be a good sign, in that you might have got vic halls. To me it looks as though they're doing other halls first so i guess it's narrowing down what's left for us to be allocated to... just trying to be positive :redface:
Reply 135

Same Nikki, if mine doesn't come tomorrow, im gonna blow up :smile:
Reply 136

Don't worry they'll come soon enough, I think most of us on here applied early so should get our choices.

When did you apply btw? I can't remember when mine was exactly, but it changed to awaiting allocation on the 3rd of March, can't believe we've been waiting like 5 months lol. :smile:
Original post by _Mazza_
Don't worry they'll come soon enough, I think most of us on here applied early so should get our choices.

When did you apply btw? I can't remember when mine was exactly, but it changed to awaiting allocation on the 3rd of March, can't believe we've been waiting like 5 months lol. :smile:

i applied at the end of march. Vic halls and exchange works ( hope to god i don't get this one :frown: ) lool

but yh if we don't recieve our offers tomorrow hallam are BULLL****TTERSSSS :biggrin:
Reply 138
i applied at the end of march. Vic halls and exchange works ( hope to god i don't get this one :frown: ) lool

but yh if we don't recieve our offers tomorrow hallam are BULLL****TTERSSSS :biggrin:

Haha well I'm not getting my hopes up, I'll be very disappointed if I don't have it by next weekend though lol. Also hoping I don't get my second choice (Forge) because it's quite a bit more expensive than Viccy Halls :smile:
Reply 139
don't want to kill the optimisim in here but im pretty sure they don't work saturdays. so if your online forms have not change to processing it's not looking too good.

if it has, maybe your contract etc is in the post

if not maybe next week or...the week after that, or the one after that. just have to keep on keeping on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending