The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The Patriot
x

Hey, any room for one more in the fantasy league? :colondollar:
Reply 2001
Original post by Scott129
True. Think he's been way overrated though.

Texans are close to signing Nnamdi apparently as well.

Highly doubt hell go to another losing team.
Patriots have had an insane day. Thoughts?
Original post by 419
Highly doubt hell go to another losing team.

Lookng unlikely now. Texans have agreed terms with John Joseph. Can't see them getting 2 corners.
Arizona got absolutely bum-raped for Kolb. He's not even that good (yet). I guess this is why the took Peterson at 5, in the knowledge that they could use DRC as trade-bait for the Eagles. Jeffrey Lurie must be laughing..

Original post by Jimmy McNulty
Patriots have had an insane day. Thoughts?

if you're the rest of the league?

"oh ****"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by georgegabriel

if you're the rest of the league?

"oh ****"

To be fair, I could see the trades flopping massively. I like Ocho as a player and if he stays focused he'll put up a 1000 next year. That's a big if though. If I was Bellichick I'd be concerned about another Randy Moss scenario.

As for Fat Albert...risky. We all know he can play, but NE run a 3-4 base set and Haynesworth isn't exactly a fan of that system.

Overall, potentially massive reward for little risk. It's not like the Pats are ever scarce on draft picks!
Original post by Jimmy McNulty
To be fair, I could see the trades flopping massively. I like Ocho as a player and if he stays focused he'll put up a 1000 next year. That's a big if though. If I was Bellichick I'd be concerned about another Randy Moss scenario.

As for Fat Albert...risky. We all know he can play, but NE run a 3-4 base set and Haynesworth isn't exactly a fan of that system.

Overall, potentially massive reward for little risk. It's not like the Pats are ever scarce on draft picks!

A Randy Moss scenario where he catches 23 TDs? :tongue:

Albert has had enough chances now and knows what people expect of him, the last place he'd choose to go if he was gonna slack off would be New England; Belichick will just cut his ass otherwise. I forsee them both having Pro Bowl seasons. The Patriots will be rolling this year with the team they have.
A Randy Moss scenario where he catches 23 TDs? :tongue:

Albert has had enough chances now and knows what people expect of him, the last place he'd choose to go if he was gonna slack off would be New England; Belichick will just cut his ass otherwise. I forsee them both having Pro Bowl seasons. The Patriots will be rolling this year with the team they have.

Ocho will either put up huge numbers (I'm leaning towards that) or fail to fit in, get distracted with bullfighting and whatever else he's doing this week, alienate Brady and Bill and get cut.

As for Haynesworth...would you have picked Shannahan if you wanted to slack off? I'm way less convinced this will work out than the Ocho trade. I'd be astounded if he makes the Pro Bowl. Still, time will tell.
Reply 2008
Nnamdi's going to either the Jets or the Cowboys! Pick Cowboys, Nnamdi!!
Original post by tbag1

Amen. **** the Jets
Me-bane! Me-bane!
Reply 2011
Original post by tbag1

Original post by The Egg Militia
Amen. **** the Jets

Ditto this.
The Cowboys just gave Marcus Spears a new contract, whilst at the same time apparently several Jets (including Bart Scott) have had their deals restructured in order to (presumably pave the way for Nnamdi). He'll be a Jet.
Reply 2013
The Cowboys just gave Marcus Spears a new contract, whilst at the same time apparently several Jets (including Bart Scott) have had their deals restructured in order to (presumably pave the way for Nnamdi). He'll be a Jet.

The Cowboys will release Newman to create the cap room. The signing of Spears doesn't really mean anything.
Ok so now apparently the Jets AND Cowboys are out and he's gonna be an Eagle? This is LeBron 2.0
Woah. Samuel and Nnamdi on the outside with DRC in the Nickel? That Eagles secondary is lethal
Reply 2016
Woah. Samuel and Nnamdi on the outside with DRC in the Nickel? That Eagles secondary is lethal

Wow! Did not see that coming. I just hope this is a case of throwing three amazing individuals together to create a awful team at the back of that secondary. If not, the Cowboys are in trouble! The Eagles will be insane :eek:
Original post by tbag1
Wow! Did not see that coming. I just hope this is a case of throwing three amazing individuals together to create a awful team at the back of that secondary. If not, the Cowboys are in trouble! The Eagles will be insane :eek:

Safe to say nobody saw that coming! The Eagles couldn't be much better poised to win a super bowl; you've gotta think they have the best roster going into the season.
Reply 2018
Safe to say nobody saw that coming! The Eagles couldn't be much better poised to win a super bowl; you've gotta think they have the best roster going into the season.

As a 'Boys fan, it pains me to say it, but yes, they have the strongest roster in the league at the minute. However, they won't win the Super Bowl. They're still the Eagles, after all!
Do you all play as well? I know a few of you do.

Latest