The Student Room Group

The Pukhtoon Society

Welcome to the Pukhtoon Society:party:

I've noticed quite a few Pukhtoons from different places lurking around TSR so this is a place where we can all interact:biggrin: on the official Pukhtoon Thread.

I'd like to see some response to keep this society alive and I'd be most glad to get to know you guys:smile:

So introduce yourselves and lets get this started:flutter:

EDIT: I got a couple of PMs asking me why I used that u in the spelling of Pukhtoon and not an a. Because of the spelling, it can be pronounced either way, so that's why I opted for it.
There is a place called Sur and many people pronounce it as Sir and others, Soor. Using an a would have made it Sair or Sir. The same rule applies here. That's my view and even if you don't agree with it, I guess the spelling's still fine!
I hope I cleared all your doubts:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was expecting a welcome in pushto :/
pukhto darla darzim awo kana? :P
Reply 2
Original post by prince_s9
I was expecting a welcome in pushto :/
pukhto darla darzim awo kana? :P

Ugura malaa pukhtoo na razeee za snge pukhtoo ke khabare wkum:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Pakhto not Pukhto. :redface:
Reply 4
Different dialects, my dear:smile:
Reply 5
sallam, tasi-doy roza kawey? ki na? :borat:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Is this pukhtoon same as the ANP soc??
Pukhtoon chicks are boomting, would bang hard.
Reply 8
Original post by jamesdoute
Is this pukhtoon same as the ANP soc??

Nope, it's not supposed to be a political society, though some of us might be supporters or part of the ANP(like me:colondollar:)
Reply 9
Original post by ThisIsMyMoment
Pukhtoon chicks are boomting, would bang hard.

Just try and see what happens to you...:grin:
Original post by Zoya Khan
Just try and see what happens to you...:grin:

I'm with a Pakistani girl, and i'm happy with her, so I won't be 'banging' anybody but her, far too loyal, but thanks for the offer :h:
Reply 11
Original post by ThisIsMyMoment
I'm with a Pakistani girl, and i'm happy with her, so I won't be 'banging' anybody but her, far too loyal, but thanks for the offer :h:

It was a threat not an offer, moron:colonhash:
Anyway, good to know you're loyal and good luck with you and your girlfriend:smile:
Hi, nice society, interesting, I am pakhtoon but I cannot speak Pashto very well, would appreciate it if someone could teach me?
Reply 13
Original post by makaveli33
Hi, nice society, interesting, I am pakhtoon but I cannot speak Pashto very well, would appreciate it if someone could teach me?

's okay:smile: I've noticed that a few Pathan's on TSR don't know Pashto very well but they're all welcome here(yes, I've done my research and I'm a good observer). Perhaps if you hang around here, you'll catch it soon. So what's up? In other words, 'sanga chal de?"
And what do you do?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Couldn't attach an FLV format file but all's cool:smile:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyabVj_EQKk&feature=player_detailpage

O qaraaara rasha o qarara raaasha...
I just love this Pashto song! Hope everyone else likes it too.
der khkule sandara de:^_^:
Reply 15
Original post by IamSerious
sallam, tasi-doy roza kawey? ki na? :borat:

W/salaam.
Ao mung tool roza satu:smile:
Reply 16
Salamoona.

Pashto:
Tosey de kum dzoy yey?

Ze de Wardak yum.
De ma da naway pukhtun 'pop music' me der bad eyeshee.
Thano faqad da zorla wro khondanoona kha dee.

English:
Where are you guys from?

I am from Wardak.
I hate this new Pashtun pop music.
Only the old slow songs are good.
whats the difference between a pukhtoon and a pashtun
Reply 18
The words Pukhtoon refers to Pukhtoons or Pashtuns of the current Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, (previously known as NWFP which is the northern province of Pakistan) and Balochistan, as well as some areas of Afghanistan, while the word Pashtun refers to most of the Pukhtoon tribes in Afghanistan and some of the FATA tribes.
But what's the difference between the two...? Well actually, there is no difference. They are all the same and the only difference is that Pashtuns speak Pashto with a slightly different Dialect than Pukhtoons.
what about people from attock in pakistan :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest