Original post by cunningstunt87
Definition of old is 24!!

And you are? 24?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by StayFree
Great! I'll be 24 when I start in september!

I'll be an ooold man! :frown:

The 18 year olds will make you feel young, although you'll notice the age difference a little when you start comparing how long your hangovers last compared to others

Original post by .Inspired
And you are? 24?

I am indeed. Felt young until I hit 24 :frown:
you'll notice the age difference a little when you start comparing how long your hangovers last compared to others

And when you start talking about what tv shows you watched when you were kids.

"Hey, do you remember when they'd showed the screen that was just a girl with the chalkboard and the clown" *Tumbleweed*
Hiya...I will be 21 and living on Campus at Edge Hill University...I am cacking it!!!! :frown: x
Reply 44

I am indeed. Felt young until I hit 24 :frown:

Probably start hanging out with you then once we start to feel all old. :wink:
Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN
And when you start talking about what tv shows you watched when you were kids.

"Hey, do you remember when they'd showed the screen that was just a girl with the chalkboard and the clown" *Tumbleweed*

You know how they say the truest things are often said in jest - I had to tell some people about the twins on Funhouse.

Original post by .Inspired
Probably start hanging out with you then once we start to feel all old. :wink:

I'll be the one with the walking stick and beard muttering about the good old days
Reply 46
Hi,

Not a mature student or anything, just a returning 4th year undergrad, but just offering my opinion! Don't worry on being out of the loop or anything when considoring halls, though I would advise maybe applying for Broadgate Park. There are lots of mature students there, but your still in on the action, have the same freshers week etc, but not surrounded by a million 18 year olds and have more independance rather being catered for and having cleaners invading your room every week :smile:
Reply 47
Another older! I am 36 and on Dietetics course. Will be commuting but hoping to get the odd invite to social events .... I'll bring my zimma and provide the bingo cards..:wink:)
Original post by JobyW
Another older! I am 36 and on Dietetics course. Will be commuting but hoping to get the odd invite to social events .... I'll bring my zimma and provide the bingo cards..:wink:)

At last, someone who understands a proper night out!!
Reply 49
I'm a fellow old git looking for like minded mature students to move in with after a pretty rubbish experience living with random first years. I will be in my second year of Environmental Conservation at Brackenhurst campus, looking for accomodation in Nottingham or Southwell, budget permitting
Reply 50
I'm 31, starting at Nottingham in September and doing Sociology. I'll be living in my own house in Mansfield and commuting.
i'm 22 and starting History in September

Original post by ErinLeigh
Hey. I'll be 25 - practically a fossil - when I start in September, and I'll be in halls. :afraid:

Hopefully the summer will fly in, can't wait to get back to it!

haha, i'm in halls too and share your fear :afraid:
Reply 52
Hey
I'm older than all of you. Going to be starting 2nd year archaeology in september. I have a spare room if there are any mature students interested. It is in Beeston just outside the West Gate. For those just starting you won't feel left out, people tend to take you at face value and if you are friendly then they will be too.:smile:
Hi!,

I'll be 26 in Sept, going to Uclan. I wont be living in halls as I already live close by, but dont think even if I didnt already live there that I would live on campus, as I'm feeling a tad old!
Original post by DeeHinksman
Hi!,

I'll be 26 in Sept, going to Uclan. I wont be living in halls as I already live close by, but dont think even if I didnt already live there that I would live on campus, as I'm feeling a tad old!

That's nice. Maybe you might like to post it on a UCLAN board
Reply 55
Hi all,

I shall be studying MSci Biology at Nottingham this September:smile:, and will be 24 when I start. Hopefully will be living in broadgate park or albion house, anyone else applied for these places?
Reply 56
Original post by Bio1987
Hi all,

I shall be studying MSci Biology at Nottingham this September:smile:, and will be 24 when I start. Hopefully will be living in broadgate park or albion house, anyone else applied for these places?

Me, in Broadgate Park. :smile:
Original post by Lm83
Me, in Broadgate Park. :smile:

And me, too :smile:.

I'm 32 and will be starting an MA in Research Methods in September, part-time. I have lived in a house on my own in Beeston for a few years while studying in Leicester but decided to move into halls for the simple reason that it'd be nicer to be near Uni and be a bit more in the loop with things as opposed to now. Plus I can't be bothered with having to argue with the electricity company and all those other annoying things that come with a 'proper' house, I want the irresponsible life for a bit :tongue:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by tokyo_purple
And me, too :smile:.

I'm 32 and will be starting an MA in Research Methods in September, part-time. I have lived in a house on my own in Beeston for a few years while studying in Leicester but decided to move into halls for the simple reason that it'd be nicer to be near Uni and be a bit more in the loop with things as opposed to now. Plus I can't be bothered with having to argue with the electricity company and all those other annoying things that come with a 'proper' house, I want the irresponsible life for a bit :tongue:.

Hi tokyo_purple! :smile:

So hope to meet you there! :smile: I'm 28 and in September I'll start a PhD in English Studies. Me too, I have chosen a university-arranged accommodation also in order to avoid to argue with bills and annoying stuff! XD
I started last year (at 25...) and stayed in halls - it's been great so far! Can't wait to get back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending