The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemini92
It might depend on your course, but I know people who did their electives in different subjects. Although, I think once you get to third year, then you have to do electives in the school of your course and not outside.

Sorry, I didn't phrase my question very well. I meant, for example, I want to take electives in Mandarin along side my English and Linguistics degree but would I have to take 2 modules of Mandarin or could I do one in Mandarin and one in another subject? Thank you for answering though!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1021
Original post by Alexandra289
Sorry, I didn't phrase my question very well. I meant, for example, I want to take electives in Mandarin along side my English and Linguistics degree but would I have to take 2 modules of Mandarin or could I do one in Mandarin and one in another subject? Thank you for answering though!

You'll be able to, but you'd have to check that there wasn't a timetable clash.
Reply 1022
got an unconditional offer from Leeds uni for Msc International Marketing. The course would be ok, but the cost is too high (the same as King's of London) and the city is too raining, isn't it?
Reply 1023
Original post by noway
got an unconditional offer from Leeds uni for Msc International Marketing. The course would be ok, but the cost is too high (the same as King's of London) and the city is too raining, isn't it?

not as much as manchester:P :u:
Reply 1024
i've lived in M'cr and went to Leeds just for a morning but lots of friends told me it is very raining (don't think is too different from Manchester) but anyway...very raining for who comes from the south of Italy :biggrin:!
Original post by Gemini92
You'll be able to, but you'd have to check that there wasn't a timetable clash.

Thank you!
Is any one interested in making some money before and during uni?

I do work for the Body Shop by going round friends and famaily as well as doing body shop parties to get some orders in. You get 25% commision and its all in your free time so you can do as much and little as you want. If any one is interested or wants some more information just PM me or email me on [email protected].
Reply 1027
Has anyone been to the SCARBOROUGH beach resort?? what activities are there in it? Is it worth going??
Reply 1028
Original post by accomoffice
The contracts at Lupton will start on Wednesday 14 September but the majority of people don't move in until the weekend of 17/18. There's not really anything happening before the weekend - it's just handy to be able to move in earlier somethimes if your parents have to drive a sibling to another uni at the weekend or if you have a special orientation course (e.g. for disabled or international students)

Hi, do you know what the move-in for james baille park is? and what's provided in your flat/ room, thanks xxx
Reply 1029
Can you do more credits than absolutely necessary? My course has 20 credits set aside for electives in the first year and none afterwards, but I'd like to continue with both Italian and Spanish this way :s
Original post by takiras
Can you do more credits than absolutely necessary? My course has 20 credits set aside for electives in the first year and none afterwards, but I'd like to continue with both Italian and Spanish this way :s

I think you're allowed to sit in on other lectures even if you're not taking the module, and you can always take it at a language school outside the uni :smile:
Has anyone else heard back about their scholarship applications?
I just got rejected for the Leeds Scholarship today, and am now waiting for a letter about my Ogden application.
*sigh* *fingers crossed*
Original post by jeffercake
Has anyone else heard back about their scholarship applications?
I just got rejected for the Leeds Scholarship today, and am now waiting for a letter about my Ogden application.
*sigh* *fingers crossed*

ive still not heard for the leeds scholarship, i think i already posted i was put on the waiting list for centenary alumni. good luck for the ogden application. i think the deadline for applications for ogden was 1st july so you should hear within 8 weeks after deadline :smile:
Original post by Selenax
Hi, do you know what the move-in for james baille park is? and what's provided in your flat/ room, thanks xxx

The move-in date is the same as Lupton so 14th but a lot of people won't arrive until 17th/18th.
In all of our rooms you get a desk, chair, bed, shelves of some sort or another, wardrobe and usually a bedside cabinet. if you look at our website, the picture with the dark red duvet shows it all quite well. At JBP, there is a mirror on the bathroom door but this doesn't apply to every residence. There will also always be floor covering (usually carpet) and window coverings (usually curtains). We don't provide desk or bedside lamps or bedding.
Original post by feelbetter
ive still not heard for the leeds scholarship, i think i already posted i was put on the waiting list for centenary alumni. good luck for the ogden application. i think the deadline for applications for ogden was 1st july so you should hear within 8 weeks after deadline :smile:

It's really weird. I thought I should have heard back after 4 weeks, and I said to my husband the night before that I should be hearing about the scholarships the next day because that was 4 weeks from the 1st July.
Obviously I was completely wrong about the waiting time and the deadline but i still got the letter that day! Spoooky!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1035
Original post by accomoffice
The move-in date is the same as Lupton so 14th but a lot of people won't arrive until 17th/18th.
In all of our rooms you get a desk, chair, bed, shelves of some sort or another, wardrobe and usually a bedside cabinet. if you look at our website, the picture with the dark red duvet shows it all quite well. At JBP, there is a mirror on the bathroom door but this doesn't apply to every residence. There will also always be floor covering (usually carpet) and window coverings (usually curtains). We don't provide desk or bedside lamps or bedding.

Thankyou!
Original post by jeffercake
It's really weird. I thought I should have heard back after 4 weeks, and I said to my husband the night before that I should be hearing about the scholarships the next day because that was 4 weeks from the 1st July.
Obviously I was completely wrong about the waiting time and the deadline but i still got the letter that day! Spoooky!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks :smile: I hope you get yours :smile: I somehow got the leeds scholarship...didn't expect it after being put on reserve list for centenary one.
Original post by dni2011
Has anyone been to the SCARBOROUGH beach resort?? what activities are there in it? Is it worth going??

It's a fairly typical British seaside resort - I'm not sure if I'd put it on my list of places you must go to in the UK. If you're looking for days out from Leeds, I'd be more tempted by Whitby (which you could probably do along with Scarborough on a day trip) or, on the west coast, Blackpool which is the archetypal British seaside resort although a bit tacky. If you're going with a big group, anywhere is worth going to though!
Original post by feelbetter
Thanks :smile: I hope you get yours :smile: I somehow got the leeds scholarship...didn't expect it after being put on reserve list for centenary one.

I'm kinda jealous!

Pleeeeeease let me get the Ogden one :s-smilie:
Reply 1039
they didnt give me the leeds schoolarship :frown:

Latest