The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
Original post by Besakt
How does everybody think they have done on their AS levels and how is every ones UKCAT revision coming along? When have you booked it for?

Yeah I think I've done well in my ASs. Only thing that could have scundered me is the fact that I had 3 exams in one day :shot: Biology and 2 RS exams. Think they all went okay though!
Got my UKCAT out of the way already with an average score of 710, so happy enough like! :banana:

What about yourself?
Reply 6241
Original post by tbag1
Yeah I think I've done well in my ASs. Only thing that could have scundered me is the fact that I had 3 exams in one day :shot: Biology and 2 RS exams. Think they all went okay though!
Got my UKCAT out of the way already with an average score of 710, so happy enough like! :banana:

What about yourself?

My friend had a maths exam, biology and 2 RS exams on one day.. :O

Wow good score - well done!
Reply 6242
Original post by tbag1

What about yourself?

Nice UKCAT score. What was the breakdown?
Reply 6243
Original post by liviaaa
My friend had a maths exam, biology and 2 RS exams on one day.. :O

Wow good score - well done!

Good grief! That's crazy!

Original post by Besakt
Nice UKCAT score. What was the breakdown?

VR - 630
QR - 740
AR - 700
DA - 770
Reply 6244
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the order of the sections, as the 600 Q book and the UKCAT book say different things?
Reply 6245
Original post by liviaaa
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the order of the sections, as the 600 Q book and the UKCAT book say different things?

The order I posted above there.

Verbal Reasoning
Quantitative Reasoning
Abstract Reasoning
Decision Analysis

The 600Q book is different... not sure why.
Reply 6246
Original post by tbag1
The order I posted above there.

Verbal Reasoning
Quantitative Reasoning
Abstract Reasoning
Decision Analysis

The 600Q book is different... not sure why.

Okay thanks! I'm glad my hardest one is first, so I can get it out the way. :tongue:
Reply 6247
Original post by liviaaa
Okay thanks! I'm glad my hardest one is first, so I can get it out the way. :tongue:

Which section do you find the easiest I find AR the easiest.
Reply 6248
Original post by Besakt

I know you weren't asking me, but I'm bored, so I'm going to answer anyway :ninja:

I found DA by far the easiest section. In the actual exam it was my highest scoring section, and I finished it with 7 mins 40 seconds remaining.
Reply 6249
Original post by tbag1
I know you weren't asking me, but I'm bored, so I'm going to answer anyway :ninja:

I found DA by far the easiest section. In the actual exam it was my highest scoring section, and I finished it with 7 mins 40 seconds remaining.

Nice. I've got my test at the end of the month, I'm doing light revision but keep drifting off to something else like TSR. :rolleyes:

Have you thought about places to apply?
Reply 6250
Original post by Besakt
Nice. I've got my test at the end of the month, I'm doing light revision but keep drifting off to something else like TSR. :rolleyes:

Have you thought about places to apply?

Good idea. I made the mistake of thinking that you couldn't revise for it. So I sat down on the Monday with my test on Thursday to familiarise myself with the question format, only to realise that it was the hardest thing I'd ever done and that you so can revise for it! :lol: I spent a lot of time in The Big Medicine UKCAT 2012 Entry Discussion and Results Thread during those 4 days, I'll tell ya!

Well I'll definitely apply to Queens, since I'm Northern Irish and they are keeping the fees down. I also really liked Glasgow when I went to the open day, so I think I'll apply there too. The other 2 though, I'm in the process of researching :biggrin: What about yourself?
Reply 6251
Original post by tbag1
Good idea. I made the mistake of thinking that you couldn't revise for it. So I sat down on the Monday with my test on Thursday to familiarise myself with the question format, only to realise that it was the hardest thing I'd ever done and that you so can revise for it! :lol: I spent a lot of time in The Big Medicine UKCAT 2012 Entry Discussion and Results Thread during those 4 days, I'll tell ya!

Well I'll definitely apply to Queens, since I'm Northern Irish and they are keeping the fees down. I also really liked Glasgow when I went to the open day, so I think I'll apply there too. The other 2 though, I'm in the process of researching :biggrin: What about yourself?

Depends on how I do on my UKCAT if I do crap, probably Liverpool. If I do well Kings. I'm from the north you see and I'm trying to get as far from these nutters I call family.
Reply 6252
Original post by Besakt
Depends on how I do on my UKCAT if I do crap, probably Liverpool. If I do well Kings. I'm from the north you see and I'm trying to get as far from these nutters I call family.

Haha I see! They couldn't be that bad though, surely? :tongue:
Reply 6253
Original post by tbag1
Haha I see! They couldn't be that bad though, surely? :tongue:

Trust me. They are mental. Take yesterday for example, I was woken up at 2:30AM to "Do you want a ****ing beating" turns out my two brothers (one who took a deferred entry for dentistry and the other who is unemployed) were having an argument, my dad comes upstairs swearing at both of them, then the unemployed brother gets told to "**** off out of the house". His (unemployed brother) punishment for being a **** is he gets his own home paid for by my dad so he doesn't annoy anybody at home.

Yes I live with nutters.
Reply 6254
Original post by Besakt
Trust me. They are mental. Take yesterday for example, I was woken up at 2:30AM to "Do you want a ****ing beating" turns out my two brothers (one who took a deferred entry for dentistry and the other who is unemployed) were having an argument, my dad comes upstairs swearing at both of them, then the unemployed brother gets told to "**** off out of the house". His (unemployed brother) punishment for being a **** is he gets his own home paid for by my dad so he doesn't annoy anybody at home.

Yes I live with nutters.

:lol:

Sounds terribly exciting!
Reply 6255
Original post by tbag1
:lol:

Sounds terribly exciting!

Not if you're trying to get to sleep and have to be at the gym for 7:00.
Reply 6256
Original post by Besakt
Not if you're trying to get to sleep and have to be at the gym for 7:00.

Think of it as training for when you're a doctor! You're sleeping patterns will be non-existent then!
Reply 6257
Original post by Besakt

Ermm probably DA, but timing wise I find AR the easiest. :smile:
Reply 6258
Original post by tbag1
Think of it as training for when you're a doctor! You're sleeping patterns will be non-existent then!

Yeah but then you're waking up in the middle of the night to help somebody which is different.
Reply 6259
Original post by Besakt
Yeah but then you're waking up in the middle of the night to help somebody which is different.

True, but think how easy that'll be when you are used to waking up for no reason :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending