The Student Room Group

Amy Winehouse deserved to die?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Captain Hindsight
respect hmm ok what about respect for her fans waiting for her to come on stage only to be disappointed as she is really rough

the police knew she was a druggy. they didnt arrest her though because she was famous, instead they arrest normal people who probably work 9-5.

i ain't even mad what you say, you are just defending her because you cannot see the bigger picture. if you really love crackheads why don't you befriend the people living on the street and defend them.

yes, that is bad, she was not perfect but who is? To put so much hate on someone after their death is just disrespectful...especially when you never knew Amy personally like her friends & family did. No. I am defending her because she didn't hurt anyone but herself & I don't think she deserves all these hateful comments, dead or alive. I don't have a 'love for crackheads' at all but I do not wish death upon them. As that is just low & I don't wish to stoop low to your level.
Original post by aimee1098
yes, that is bad, she was not perfect but who is? To put so much hate on someone after their death is just disrespectful...especially when you never knew Amy personally like her friends & family did. No. I am defending her because she didn't hurt anyone but herself & I don't think she deserves all these hateful comments, dead or alive. I don't have a 'love for crackheads' at all but I do not wish death upon them. As that is just low & I don't wish to stoop low to your level.

stoop to my level hmm ok pretty sure no-one can beat this (btw your argument will always be inferior to mine as winehouse is the pinnacle of low)

Amy winehouse deserved to die.

You mad?

No...but thats extremely judgmental.

I cant imagine how mixed up she must have been internally. To have that sort of inner turmoil is awful and not something the rest of us can comprehend unless we have been there.

You can like her or loathe her ...but what was that about casting the first stone?

NONE of us are perfect :rolleyes:
Original post by Miss_Scarlett
No...but thats extremely judgmental.

I cant imagine how mixed up she must have been internally. To have that sort of inner turmoil is awful and not something the rest of us can comprehend unless we have been there.

You can like her or loathe her ...but what was that about casting the first stone?

NONE of us are perfect :rolleyes:

yeah it must be really hard what she was going through, being really rich and having loads of celeb friends must really suck

must also suck living in a huge mansion too i can't possibly understand the turmoil she was going through, let alone her nice cars
yeah it must be really hard what she was going through, being really rich and having loads of celeb friends must really suck

must also suck living in a huge mansion too i can't possibly understand the turmoil she was going through, let alone her nice cars

A lot of issues that arise in adulthood are due to childhood experiences.

Money =/= happiness. Believe me when I say that.
Reply 45
She didn't deserve to die, but I wasn't surprised when I heard she had. It was a shame though as I do think she was talented. She just chose the wrong path in life, but she never did any harm to anyone i.e murder, rape etc so no way did she deserve it.
Rip x
Didn't deserve to die in the same way Hitler did, but she didn't exactly help herself...

Some of the people trying to defend her here are ridiculous though.

Respect? Sorry, I don't respect drug addicts.

And as for the repeat visits to therapy, which were at her convenience might I add, a certain proverb is in order:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way you were told.

P.S. That dumbass Ryan Dunn deserved to die more than Amy Winehouse. Drink-driving is just sick.
Original post by HSG1992
Didn't deserve to die in the same way Hitler did, but she didn't exactly help herself...

Some of the people trying to defend her here are ridiculous though.

Respect? Sorry, I don't respect drug addicts.

And as for the repeat visits to therapy, which were at her convenience might I add, a certain proverb is in order:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way you were told.

P.S. That dumbass Ryan Dunn deserved to die more than Amy Winehouse. Drink-driving is just sick.

finally someone who talks sense
Reply 48
nobody deserves to die, yeah she lived a fast life but still...what a waste
I was looking forward to hearing Elton John performing Candle Under the Spoon at her funeral...
Reply 50
Amy Winehouses death was entirely her own fault.
She was a talented singer.
People will pretend to like her because she is dead.
People will pretend to hate her because of how she died.
She didn't "deserve" to die because then Jimi Hendrix etc would have "deserved" to die as well.

Its just another death of a celebrity and it will be forgotten within a year.
Reply 51
Deserve to die? No. Her own fault? Yes. Any sympathy for her? None whatsoever.
Nobody deserves to die, but she had it coming with all the drugs and crap she was taking.
Reply 53
She didn't deserve to die, but she brought it on herself. She also wasn't such an icon man, but just unique. If she didn't get in trouble or take drugs, would she be this big?
Waste of talent and space.
Reply 55
Original post by ctrl.abandon
She was a trashy drug addict

Oh look, someone who has no comprehension or understanding of how terrible addiction is.
I don't think she deserved to die, but she brought the problems upon herself. No-one forced her to go down that path, she chose to go down it and as such the consequences were as we saw.

I don't think she deserved to die by any means, however I'm not really that sympathetic or surprised.
I didn't like her, to be honest, nor her singing. but drug addiction is tough to deal with. I dont understand why people in 21st century do it, a lot died in the 60's and 70's because of lack of knowledge (Lsd, etc). but nowadays you need to be suicidal.
Reply 58
She didn't deserve to die and her death was quite sad. Even though it was expected, it was a wasted life at only 27. People will always make those comments and not everyone will feel the same way about a death. I agree that it's tasteless and they should have shown more respect, especially for her family.
No one deserves to die.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending