The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laharll
don't want to kill the optimisim in here but im pretty sure they don't work saturdays. so if your online forms have not change to processing it's not looking too good.

if it has, maybe your contract etc is in the post

if not maybe next week or...the week after that, or the one after that. just have to keep on keeping on

it says on the accomodation form thing if your offer is conditional it will change to processing...and if its unconditional it will change to proccessed....

your application has been verified.
If you already have your results, your form will be processed from June onwards
If you are awaiting results, your form will show as 'Processing' close to results day
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 141
aww yay :biggrin: just met my first flatmate on Facebook!!
Original post by Tim_1992
aww yay :biggrin: just met my first flatmate on Facebook!!

ohhhh :P wts he or she like :P
mistake
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 144
well, i still havent heard, massively p**sed off with Hallam now!
Original post by damcc20
well, i still havent heard, massively p**sed off with Hallam now!

same Hallam are fuking lyers ....they have really pissed me off stupid fuking tossers:angry:
Reply 146
lol worst admin team ever...bet they process about 10 people a day, started late, and have about 5000 to get through

I think ill call them on monday and ask why we're so delayed. we (will) pay our fees for this service and to be honest it's shocking how long its taking and how few seem to be hearing back
Reply 147
Original post by Laharll
lol worst admin team ever...bet they process about 10 people a day, started late, and have about 5000 to get through

I think ill call them on monday and ask why we're so delayed. we (will) pay our fees for this service and to be honest it's shocking how long its taking and how few seem to be hearing back

Have you got an unconditional offer too?? It is getting ridiculous tbh.

Exactly Nikki :angry:
Reply 148
uhh I forgot to mention im going into my 2nd year but having to stay in halls again because I got shafted when I was looking for a house with freinds.

we left it too late and one of the 5 of us dropped out last minute, we couldn't replace him and after he went the group fell apart, everyone made their own arrangements. some did better than others.

im not the most likeable person to be honest, im too shy and reserved. if I knew more people I would be in a shared house as most 2nd years do. As it stands I get to put my hat in the raffle to see if I can get a flat with 5 other people I don't know (accommidation services).

because if I get put in a house with a group of people who are freinds its obviously going to be harder to fit in with them than it is 5 strangers.

haha sorry typed alot its just on my mind. just make sure you make loads of good freinds (most people do) and what happend to me won't happen to you.
Reply 149
Original post by Laharll
uhh I forgot to mention im going into my 2nd year but having to stay in halls again because I got shafted when I was looking for a house with freinds.

we left it too late and one of the 5 of us dropped out last minute, we couldn't replace him and after he went the group fell apart, everyone made their own arrangements. some did better than others.

im not the most likeable person to be honest, im too shy and reserved. if I knew more people I would be in a shared house as most 2nd years do. As it stands I get to put my hat in the raffle to see if I can get a flat with 5 other people I don't know (accommidation services).

because if I get put in a house with a group of people who are freinds its obviously going to be harder to fit in with them than it is 5 strangers.

haha sorry typed alot its just on my mind. just make sure you make loads of good freinds (most people do) and what happend to me won't happen to you.

Ahhh right, sorry to hear about that :/ Have you applied to Victoria Hall?? There's a lot of people applied there so it should be fine. You'll just get to make friends with 5 more people :P I know someone else who is going who is shy and reserved and he is fine. It will be all good mate. Do not worry!! :smile: I guess it is better to go into halls again and make some new friends as the others didn't sound too great :/
Reply 150
yeah this years going to be better.

last year was difficult in halls anyway because student finance diddn't get my loan through before mid november so I had to move into a flat with people who had already bonded (I moved in november they had all known each other for almost 3 months).

it was a square peg for a round hole type thing from then on

I don't see why everyone thinks vicotoria halls is so good, all halls are pretty socialable you just need to approach it with the right mindset. positive thinking brings its own rewards. they all cost more or less the same as far as I know, give or take a few hundred quid.
Reply 151
found another one of my flatmates today :biggrin:D they both seem nice, although i'm the only boy so far haha! i'm hoping for like a 5-person flat ideally... i know in trigon they range from 3-6 people. 3 sounds a bit too quiet lol
found another one of my flatmates today :biggrin:D they both seem nice, although i'm the only boy so far haha! i'm hoping for like a 5-person flat ideally... i know in trigon they range from 3-6 people. 3 sounds a bit too quiet lol
is the bird fit? pics or gtfo. god i hope i get trigon
Reply 153
Original post by thenubreed
is the bird fit? pics or gtfo. god i hope i get trigon

haha, not really interested tbh considering i'm gay but speaking impartially none of them are ugly : P

is trigon your 1st choice? i proper can't wait to move in now!!!
haha, not really interested tbh considering i'm gay but speaking impartially none of them are ugly : P

lol no worries then mate. yeh trigon is my first and victoria hall is myt second. my offer shoyld defo come through this week, if it doesnt thgen something is wrong:confused:
Reply 155

I saw u! on the hallam freshers facebook page haha :tongue: u never know, i could be a future flat mate... if i ever get my accommodation through!!! though Trigon is my 2nd choice!
Reply 156
Original post by jde-tv
I saw u! on the hallam freshers facebook page haha :tongue: u never know, i could be a future flat mate... if i ever get my accommodation through!!! though Trigon is my 2nd choice!

haha i wondered if anyone else on here had joined that group!! feel free to add me :smile: what's your first choice? victoria halls like 99% of other people? : P

i want to know all my flat mates alreadyyyy!
(edited 12 years ago)
has anyone applied for domino house?
haha i wondered if anyone else on here had joined that group!! feel free to add me :smile: what's your first choice? victoria halls like 99% of other people? : P

i want to know all my flat mates alreadyyyy!

me me me! i have joined that group :biggrin: coz im kl :wink:
Reply 159
Got my tenancy agreement through yesterday! About time! There is loads to go through! And it's madatory that I have to have their insurance. WTF! Anyone else had this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending