The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the eagles just continue to get better; they just signed cullen jenkins.

mad.
Reply 2041
Bet on the Eagles a few weeks ago for superbowl e/w at 17/1 when they were originally meant to be Nnamdi's landing spot and I thought they'd get something in the Kolb deal, Vicks health will be the main issue now I think
Original post by alexsong
Bet on the Eagles a few weeks ago for superbowl e/w at 17/1 when they were originally meant to be Nnamdi's landing spot and I thought they'd get something in the Kolb deal, Vicks health will be the main issue now I think

Having Young as the backup makes it a lot easier if Vick does go down at some point. No need to change the system up due to the similarities in QB style.
Original post by Baltimoron
Come on, now, really? "Potential to be another Randy Moss." I think every team in the league would take that. The Patriots with Randy Moss were the most prolific offense the NFL has ever seen. And while they did win all their rings without a so-called "big time receiver", their best offensive year was with Randy Moss. And I know this is going to open up a huge can of worms, but I would say that was the greatest Pats team ever even though they didn't win the Super Bowl. Ochocinco is only going to do wonderful things for that team. I hate Belichick as much as anyone (I've had personal contact with the man, and trust me, he is a dick) but he and Robert Kraft somehow keep getting these wonderful players and doing wonderful things with them. I hate it.

Re-reading this: I sounded kinda hostile. My bad. Didn't mean to sound that way at all.

Don't worry about it. I understand the point you're trying to make. That Patriots team was downright sick. It should've won the Superbowl, yeah. And it was clearly one of the best offenses ever..it was a Madden offense.

I'm sure Ochocinco will deliver. I just wouldn't pin the Patriots down as in the Superbowl as many people are gonna do now.
Original post by alexsong

that's a fantastic bet; they've crashed down to 8/1 now. shame really, as UK bookies dont always seem to get NFL odds right. i might have a pop on Indy at 20/1.

does anyone else do nfl accumulators in here? i've found it can be pretty lucrative, especially because sometimes the bookies seem to have no clue with handicaps. i remember in week 3, during a saints/panthers matchup, they gave the saints a +3 handicap. LOL
Ocho is a great signing-he's never really had any issues in camp or in terms of work ethnic so I doubt he'll be disruptive. Haynesworth is a bit more of a gamble but one thats worthwhile if they can tame him. The rotation options in that D-line are fantastic now.

The Lions need to sign two more players-we're slipping behind here!
Reply 2046
Original post by georgegabriel
that's a fantastic bet; they've crashed down to 8/1 now. shame really, as UK bookies dont always seem to get NFL odds right. i might have a pop on Indy at 20/1.

does anyone else do nfl accumulators in here? i've found it can be pretty lucrative, especially because sometimes the bookies seem to have no clue with handicaps. i remember in week 3, during a saints/panthers matchup, they gave the saints a +3 handicap. LOL

Yeah I usually bet money line though not spread, less profit but easier, bill simmons does a weekly podcast in the season picking teams and accumulators it is usually pretty good
Reply 2047
Original post by georgegabriel

Wasn't that the game we only managed to win 16 - 14, worryingly?
They must have known something no-one else did... :P

I've got £10 at 16/1 for the Saints to win the superbowl, wouldn't have done it if I genuinely didn't think we can do it this year. :biggrin:
x

May I ask where in MD you live? Just curious, I have a fair bit of previous with the area.
Lions get Tulloch! YES YES YES!
ok. Fantasy Football entries are closedddd!

Fantasy Football is full up! I have 2 reserves already, so I wouldn't bother asking to join! Thanks for the interest peeps :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
anyone see the brandon marshall press conference earlier? very moving!
Original post by Hedgeman49
May I ask where in MD you live? Just curious, I have a fair bit of previous with the area.

I live in Howard County. Columbia/Ellicott City area. Where/why were you in MD?
I live in Howard County. Columbia/Ellicott City area. Where/why were you in MD?

No ****ing way. My ex lives in Clarksville.
Original post by Hedgeman49
No ****ing way. My ex lives in Clarksville.

What?! I wonder if I know her lol. Are you an American or something? Why the hell were you in Clarksville?
This free agency period has been insane so far. The Eagles have definitely gotten a lot stronger and will almost certainly feature in the play-offs. Doubt they'll get to the Superbowl though.
Original post by Scott129
This free agency period has been insane so far. The Eagles have definitely gotten a lot stronger and will almost certainly feature in the play-offs. Doubt they'll get to the Superbowl though.

Why do you think that? Personally I think they're (on paper) the best team in the NFL.
Original post by The Patriot
Why do you think that? Personally I think they're (on paper) the best team in the NFL.

The best team on paper hardly ever wins the Superbowl. Take last year for example. I don't think the Packers were the best team on paper in anyone's opinion. The Patriots, Steelers, Falcons, etc. were all "better" teams. I'm not saying that the Eagles don't have what it takes to win it all, I'm just cautious because I know talent isn't the be all and end all.
Reply 2058
Original post by Scott129
The best team on paper hardly ever wins the Superbowl. Take last year for example. I don't think the Packers were the best team on paper in anyone's opinion. The Patriots, Steelers, Falcons, etc. were all "better" teams. I'm not saying that the Eagles don't have what it takes to win it all, I'm just cautious because I know talent isn't the be all and end all.

im with you that they wont get there, partly though i dont think they are best team on paper even, near to it but certain other teams a bit better, vick for one wont have the shock impact of last year and people will scheme against him to limit just how effective he is, plus so many new individually good players dosnt mean they will be able to work well as a team, especially with the limited prep time compared to normal

then of course you have to remember best team at start of the year on paper is only a few key injuries away from being a lot further back
Original post by Greg1989
im with you that they wont get there, partly though i dont think they are best team on paper even, near to it but certain other teams a bit better, vick for one wont have the shock impact of last year and people will scheme against him to limit just how effective he is, plus so many new individually good players dosnt mean they will be able to work well as a team, especially with the limited prep time compared to normal

then of course you have to remember best team at start of the year on paper is only a few key injuries away from being a lot further back

Yeah exactly, there are so many other factors that contribute to a winning team. As you said, there's injuries, momentum, the coaches, to a certain extent luck, etc. The Eagles won't get it done this year.

Latest