The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Tim_1992
there's loadssss, just like all the different kinds of deposits, sorting out your direct debit for your accommodation, your agreement, stuff to fill out about yourself and like emergency contact info and all that kind of thing...

yeah, it's like a £250 deposit, and then also some £8 one for insurance or something like that? i don't really get it completely yet lol but i've got to look through it all. and then it also mentions the £50 fee to set up your internet but i don't think you pay that until you're there. and it gives me the option to pay all my fee's at once for the accommodation or just set up my direct debit now to take it out in the 3 instalments...

i really can't wait to find my flatmates now! i'm dying to find someone in the same flat as me!

Yeah I have the madatory insurance to? Can you tell me a bit more about it as I have no idea!! How much do we have to pay and when? They didn't explain it!
:frown:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by nikki-jones2009
i think they will send us letters out first before they change our status on the website :frown:

nope...thats hallam for you :frown:

They don't send any letters or give you any emails. My status change from 'Awaiting allocation' to 'processing' a week ago and I got my tenancy agreement through yesterday!

Not long now guys! just keep checking the site everyday. Have you picked a popular one like Victoria Halls or Trigon? You may be waiting longer!
Reply 162
the insurance thing last year was £8 one off payment and it's payed when you pay the deposit.

you don't get it back and it only covers certain things, don't know the specifics but I think it's just there if u got robbed or theres a fire, most people never use it but its good to have it there if you need it I guess
I hate hallam
Reply 164
I hate hallam

still nothing Nikki??
Reply 165
Original post by Laharll
the insurance thing last year was £8 one off payment and it's payed when you pay the deposit.

you don't get it back and it only covers certain things, don't know the specifics but I think it's just there if u got robbed or theres a fire, most people never use it but its good to have it there if you need it I guess

Oh right, thanks! I was getting scared like it'd be £8 every week or something like that. Cheers :biggrin:
x
I see lots of people have heard back, are these all folk with Unconditionals? Cause I have a conditional and as far as I know i won't hear from them about accom until results day?
Reply 167
Original post by dan_dan_dan
I see lots of people have heard back, are these all folk with Unconditionals? Cause I have a conditional and as far as I know i won't hear from them about accom until results day?

Most people on here waiting, including me and Nikki have unconditionals. Not expecting anything soon, still says awaiting allocation on the site.
Original post by damcc20
still nothing Nikki??

nooo my face constantly looks lyke dis ---->>>:angry:

fuking lying hallam :angry:
I got my letter on Saturday at last!! Useless! I got Victoria halls which was great but I think I am going to decline and try and find a house as I am a second year student and I can't afford Victoria Halls. So theres another victoria halls room up for grabs. can't believe I've waited all this time to then decide to decline :frown:
x
Original post by _Mazza_
Most people on here waiting, including me and Nikki have unconditionals. Not expecting anything soon, still says awaiting allocation on the site.

smhhh i wish they would hurry up and allocate us...im getting really pissed off...i wouldnt b half as pissed if i knew when my accomm was going to come...

i just HATE this waiting game :angry:
and i also HATE the accomoddation service:angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rosemariej2010
I got my letter on Saturday at last!! Useless! I got Victoria halls which was great but I think I am going to decline and try and find a house as I am a second year student and I can't afford Victoria Halls. So theres another victoria halls room up for grabs. can't believe I've waited all this time to then decide to decline :frown:
x

omg u r luky!!! its the accomm i want too :frown: lol

how much is the deposit?
Shall I recommend you when I decline it? :smile:
I think deposit is £200
x
Shall I recommend you when I decline it? :smile:
I think deposit is £200
x

i donno i donno how it works :/ lol. i have applied for victoria hall as my first choice...applied end of march with a unconditional offer...when did you apply?

i donno i donno how it works :/ lol. i have applied for victoria hall as my first choice...applied end of march with a unconditional offer...when did you apply?

April/may time i think. I did have a contract signed in a house but it all fell through ( not the actual house lol). You should get you offer soon then surely? I hope you get Victoria Halls. Ask if there has been any people who have declined (me) and you might get upgraded to a queen room if you don't get it. Always worth an ask. I hope you get it first time though
x
April/may time i think. I did have a contract signed in a house but it all fell through ( not the actual house lol). You should get you offer soon then surely? I hope you get Victoria Halls. Ask if there has been any people who have declined (me) and you might get upgraded to a queen room if you don't get it. Always worth an ask. I hope you get it first time though
x

yhhh! ohhh do they tell you what room standards u get? because i really wanted the single ( as its the cheapest)

yhhh! ohhh do they tell you what room standards u get? because i really wanted the single ( as its the cheapest)

they do ye. They send u specific tenancy agreements according to which room you get.:smile: xx
they do ye. They send u specific tenancy agreements according to which room you get.:smile: xx

poo! i wish you could choose what room you wanted eg single queen :/ how much is it for your room pw?

poo! i wish you could choose what room you wanted eg single queen :/ how much is it for your room pw?

Did you write that you wanted a single on you online form? And mines £94 pw which is too much for me when i could be paying £70 pw in a house x
Did you write that you wanted a single on you online form? And mines £94 pw which is too much for me when i could be paying £70 pw in a house x

no i didnt :frown: wish i did now :/ might email hallam now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending