The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparrow-legs
so jealous of you people just getting your offers. I graduated from uwe a couple of months ago in biomedical science and i miss it so much!

If you guys have any questions about it, feel free to pm me. People deciding on accomodation.... Marketgate! Xxxxxxxxxxx

tell me more :d
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by aadil08
any1 applied for Quantity Surveying & Commercial Management ????

Yea that would be me, just got my results from college so i'm defo on the course!
Reply 242
flat 45 carroll court :biggrin:
Reply 243
Anyone mechanical engineering BEng for 2011 ?? :smile:
Reply 244
Original post by MrJoeyUK
In general the ethnic diversity is quite broad I guess.. there's been a huge influx of blacks in the city in the last few years, from countries such as somalia, nigeria, etc. Not as many asians but they are definately around in numbers.

In terms of cultural.. there are LOTS of different europeans in Bristol right now too. sometimes it's a little overwhelming, sitting on a bus listening to 3 or 4 different languages :confused: so I think it's fair to say it's a very 'european' city..

generally speaking though the biggest culture in bristol is that of the student culture.. if you're walking around the city centre at night or on the weekend you're going to see predominately people around the student age, although of course not all of them are students cus it's a huge city and there are lots of jobs!

Oh yes Somali pirates and Nigeria gangsters.........all illegal asylum seekers scamming the system!
Reply 245
anyone living in hotwells house 2011? by mansion student?

http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/locations/bristol/hotwells-house-student-accommodation/

cant find annyyoonnnee!!
Reply 246
Anyone else in Flat 207 Quantock Court??

:smile:
Reply 247
All about Marketgate !!
Mendip court anyone ?
Original post by MrJoeyUK
yes.. more so to the run down areas (knowle, hartcliffe, st. pauls, so on and so on) but generally speaking the centre is usually too nice for them to hang aroun at and do nothing all day :tongue:

the nightlife also tends to attract the chavy types (if it's dubstep/drum n bass) but honestly those kind of chavs are friendly, they're just there to get drunk and fight (lol, joke).. generally speaking the 'chavvy' types above the age of 18 aren't as bad as the little bastards.

This. The type of chavvy people are nice people. You will get some nobs but anywhere you go you will find those types anyway. Nightlife is broad though. Stokes Croft has some great alternative stuff, but often is where more middle aged people go, but if you get the right night you can find some great nights of people a similar age. Then you got Park Street, Corn Street (generally more mainstream stuff like Walkabout, but elsewhere closeby in the centre you got stuff like Big Chill Bar which is cool. And then there are general loads of clubs. We really are spoilt in Bristol, moreso than we think :biggrin:

Being in the centre last year too i never really saw the rough part of Bristol. You see that more on the outskirts. Bedminister is notably more rough as it's a poor area but is still ok. You will see that if you go bower ashton campus. But stuff like easton, st pauls i've heard a lot of scary stories about. Funny thing is if you take a wrong turn you can find yourself in the middle of a rough area, but i never did haha. But in the centre you don't appreciate really how safe you are imo.
(edited 12 years ago)
Havent found anyone else thats doing Childhood Studies or living in Phoenix Court (literally next to marketgate) this september?!?!
starting to worry that everyone in my flat is super anti-social :redface:
x x x x
Oh and also Bristol is GURT LUSH. Ive lived here all my life and i love it!!
There are chavs but there are everywhere right? most bristolians are lovely and chatty :smile: x:biggrin:
Reply 252
Original post by HelenroseF
Oh and also Bristol is GURT LUSH. Ive lived here all my life and i love it!!
There are chavs but there are everywhere right? most bristolians are lovely and chatty :smile: x:biggrin:

Unless you're Welsh where the racist abuse and discrimination is endless... but yeah.
Reply 253
Original post by M1F2R3
Unless you're Welsh where the racist abuse and discrimination is endless... but yeah.

I sense a lot of hurt in you.. we aren't that bad :frown: to be fair we'd get it just as bad in Wales.
Umm I'm Welsh and i find everyone, even the locals at places i have worked have been really nice. You get banter, but that's the case for anywhere you go and from.

Also don't worry if you haven't found anyone from your flat. I know loads of people who didn't do it until they have their uni results for example. And also i know loads of people who didn't do it altogether. Just because they don't have fb doesn't make them social rejects :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ksahota7
hey im doin this aswell :smile: , i was thinking about carroll court ... coz student village is soo expensive .... :biggrin: anyways ... do u knw bristol quiet well? x :biggrin:

Yayyy! You're the first person that I have found doing the same course! Haha. Sorry about the epic delay with the reply!! I've only been to Bristol once for a few days so I don't know it that well, do you? I have heard loads about it though, can't wait to move there!!
Have you got your accommodation yet? I'm in flat 1002 Marketgate! :biggrin: x
Original post by Emily*
Im doing early Childhood Studies as well! :smile: Hopefully i will be staying in student village, i had an email the other day saying i had provisionally got it but will get an official offer next week, very exited but dont no anyone else going 2 UWE so rather nervous lol Have u decided on your accomodation yet? :smile:

Ahh good! I couldn't find anyone doing this course for ages! Haha. Have you had your official offer for your accomodation now then? I am in flat 1002 Marketgate! Soo excited to move! :biggrin: I don't know anyone else going to UWE either! lol I'm sure loads of other people won't know anyone either :smile:
Reply 257
paid my deposit for favell house in the centre today :cool:
Original post by CodyMegan17
Yayyy! You're the first person that I have found doing the same course! Haha. Sorry about the epic delay with the reply!! I've only been to Bristol once for a few days so I don't know it that well, do you? I have heard loads about it though, can't wait to move there!!

I'm in flat 304 in phoenix court :smile: (same building as marketgate) doing early childhood studies too :smile: glad to have found some people :smile: x
Reply 259
Original post by CodyMegan17

nah thas cool... urm yea i got mine...btw did u get the email frm UWE sayin things u need 2 do b4 u get there thingy? .... sayin sumin bout a student ID card ... have u completed it yet? .... xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending