The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xenomorph v2.1
I want that Lotus F1-style car :sogood:

I'd rather have the Ferrari FXX.. When you consider that you don't get to keep the F1 car, it's the same with the Ferrari.
Reply 1821
Original post by TheBritishBloke
I'd rather have the Ferrari FXX.. When you consider that you don't get to keep the F1 car, it's the same with the Ferrari.

The car is still yours and you can use it whenever you want basically (as long as you can get track time). I'd buy the Lotus in a heart beat. I bet you don't get a whole pit crew, personal trainer and a chef with the Ferrari though!
Original post by Roobsa
The car is still yours and you can use it whenever you want basically (as long as you can get track time). I'd buy the Lotus in a heart beat. I bet you don't get a whole pit crew, personal trainer and a chef with the Ferrari though!

True.. Although I'm taller than JC, so I probably won't fit.
good episode tonight :biggrin:
Princess Diana had one of these :rofl2:
Reply 1825

Another funny episode, pure banter!
Really good episode :smile:
That episode was great, but the review of the aventador was REALLLLYYY bad! How can you say that the aventador isn't a TRUE successor to the murcielago, because it isn't 'THEATRICAL' enough (even though the aventador has more corners and edges than any car on the market, and looks like a reventon, which is the most theatrical car ever)???

The aventador completely blows the F458 out of the water, and the ferrari got a brilliant review on top gear. I hope Richard Hammond sticks to total wipeout because he can't review cars at all!
Original post by BackDoorEntry
That episode was great, but the review of the aventador was REALLLLYYY bad! How can you say that the aventador isn't a TRUE successor to the murcielago, because it isn't 'THEATRICAL' enough (even though the aventador has more corners and edges than any car on the market, and looks like a reventon, which is the most theatrical car ever)???

The aventador completely blows the F458 out of the water, and the ferrari got a brilliant review on top gear. I hope Richard Hammond sticks to total wipeout because he can't review cars at all!

Curse a reviewer for giving an opinion! *shakes fist*

:rolleyes:
Original post by Drewski
Curse a reviewer for giving an opinion! *shakes fist*

:rolleyes:

A crap opinion, with no basis other than 'its not theatrical enough'.. which in my eyes is a poor attempt at a review.
A crap opinion, with no basis other than 'its not theatrical enough'.. which in my eyes is a poor attempt at a review.

And you know this from your many experiences of driving said car?

I saw nothing wrong with the review. It's got lethal performance which was highlighted and he said it was every bit as good as the 458 and the MP4-12C, but like the MP4 just lacked a sense of lunacy that Lambos are famous for.
He described the car in perfect TopGear language. You don't like that then stop watching it.
Reply 1831
Really moved by the heroes in uniform yesterday. Hope they make it to Dakar, they truly deserve it.
Original post by Drewski
And you know this from your many experiences of driving said car?

I saw nothing wrong with the review. It's got lethal performance which was highlighted and he said it was every bit as good as the 458 and the MP4-12C, but like the MP4 just lacked a sense of lunacy that Lambos are famous for.
He described the car in perfect TopGear language. You don't like that then stop watching it.

But what is this lunacy he's referring to? The looks? The horsepower? The handling?

When he reviewed the LP670-4 SV, he said at the end of the review its very 'theatrical'. LP670-4 SV REVIEW skip to 6:00.
So really the only thing he could be talking about that can be more 'theatrical' is the looks, which is obviously his opinion, but can you really say that.....:

vs
I think it's clear that he's saying the feeling you get from driving Lambos. He's lucky enough to driven many supercars and many Lambos (unlike us mere mortals :rolleyes:). From his review (which for the record I thought was done very well, covering a wide range of aspects not to mention being a nice break from JC) I think he's saying the Aventador is a bit too clinical, a bit too German? After all, he compared it to the Audi... He said their main focus wasn't speed and that they had gone for handling - the fact the handling was good took away the fear factor as he describes. He feels a bit too safe (maybe Lambo over-computerised the Aventador?) and it doesn't have the earmark of a classic Lambo? This is all stacks up to being 'theatrical' and is what I gathered from his review.

I think in this case, your opinion just differs from his? Maybe deal with it better :s: I mean despite this review, I'd still love to own an Aventador :coma:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
I think it's clear that he's saying the feeling you get from driving Lambos. He's lucky enough to driven many supercars and many Lambos (unlike us mere mortals :rolleyes:). From his review (which for the record I thought was done very well, covering a wide range of aspects not to mention being a nice break from JC) I think he's saying the Aventador is a bit too clinical, a bit too German? After all, he compared it to the Audi... He said their main focus wasn't speed and that they had gone for handling - the fact the handling was good took away the fear factor as he describes. He feels a bit too safe (maybe Lambo over-computerised the Aventador?) and it doesn't have the earmark of a classic Lambo? This is all stacks up to being 'theatrical' and is what I gathered from his review.

As far as I'm aware Richard didn't even turn off the traction/stability control, so of course its gonna be 'easy' to drive lol. I've watched top gear for years now and its just becoming a tv show rather than a motor magazine show.

But I agree, I want to drool all over that car. :biggrin:
As far as I'm aware Richard didn't even turn off the traction/stability control, so of course its gonna be 'easy' to drive lol. I've watched top gear for years now and its just becoming a tv show rather than a motor magazine show.

Well, he didn't tell us if he did or not. It's fair to assume he would've done but when they filmed it it certainly wasn't noteworthy of putting into the final edit? Scratch that, he put it into Track mode (or Corsa mode :p: ), which he did give the impression was a bit mental. I can't disagree with the last sentence there, I've watched it since James may started presenting and that's a fair assessment but I still tune in to watch it whenever it's on :wink: It's still enjoyable to watch, which is clearly where the market is. There has been a bit of an emphasis on serious this series though.

Mmmhmmm :sexface:
phewwww-ee!

some cars these days - especially in a bright colour (like the lamborghini yesterday) - look good damn with gloss-black alloys.
I just can't wait to see what the Aventador roadster will look like. Lower and sleeker hopefully. Hammond tested the Murcielago Roadster a few years back and he pretty much described it as looking scary but not being scary 'like bulls but with corks on the horns' and with the roof off the adrenaline is huge and that's what he said he loved about it (felt like a lambo to you but in truth it wouldn't kill you). With the Aventador, it looks scary but won't kill you to drive it (pretty much a summary of the review) and didn't give you the rush that the old lambos used to and that's why he didn't like it. I think we can take Hammonds word with a pinch of salt there. Also I don't think it's been around the Nurburgring so James should like it.

In truth people buy a supercar to be looked at and the Aventador will turn more heads than a 458 or an mp4-12c.

And you've only just noticed that?!
Original post by Drewski
And you've only just noticed that?!

When they were in Alabama writing gay stuff over each others cars, it kinda clicked back then!

But the electric cars and the injured soldiers features were a good way to end it.

Quick Reply

Latest