The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln is my firm choice! - Anyone else going? :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ellie557
Heyy :smile: I accepted an unconditional from Lincoln too so I am definitely going, so excited :smile: I'm doing Equine Science but opted for student village accomomdation rather than Riseholme! I'm on a gap year too, just got back from travelling Thailand and now I'm just counting down for Uni! xx

What made you go for the student village?
Pavillions and brayford Quay are far superior in comparison.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 81
hey peeps. :smile: i also got an offer to study architecture at lincoln. :smile: i applied for pavilions because thats where my sister was and she said it was the best out of all of them. :smile: with ensuite and double beds. please whatever you guys do dont pick danesgate!! trust me it is nasty i live in lincoln at the moment.. :P
Reply 82
Anyone know whether the Journalism course is popular? I remember last year there were a few journalism courses in clearing. I missed my offer by 1 point and weighing up my chances of getting in... REEEAAALLLY want to go to Lincoln uni!

Edit: Just seen it's advertised in clearing for having vacancies... This could be good, right?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
Hi guys,

I'll be coming to Lincoln in September to do a masters in Sports Journalism. I'm from Ireland, so I can't wait to get out there on my own and live in the UK. And of course, I'm looking forward to starting my course.

Any other postgrad journalists on here?
hey people :smile:

Lincoln is my firm for forensic science :smile: so im waiting on my results but i really hope i get in!

see some of you people in the student village in a few months hopefully! =D

Good luck everyone!
Reply 85
Hi! I've got an unconditional offer from Lincoln to do Criminology, can't wait for September! :awesome:
Reply 86
Hey there! Me and my boyfriend are both coming to Lincoln!

He's doing Psychology, and I'll be doing Contemporary Lens Media. I got an unconditional offer, as I'm currently on a gap year, but my boyfriend just has to wait for his latest exam results (he decided to take two more A Levels, in one year, the crazy man!)

But we're both really excited, as Lincoln seems like such a lovely place!
Original post by GeorgiaVW
Hey there! Me and my boyfriend are both coming to Lincoln!

He's doing Psychology, and I'll be doing Contemporary Lens Media. I got an unconditional offer, as I'm currently on a gap year, but my boyfriend just has to wait for his latest exam results (he decided to take two more A Levels, in one year, the crazy man!)

But we're both really excited, as Lincoln seems like such a lovely place!

Yay, hi! May I ask your boyfriends name? Does he ever come on here? Because i'm doing Psych too :smile: And my best friend is doing Contempoary Lens Media, his name is Jack P, look out for him!
Reply 88
Original post by lozzyhickers
Yay, hi! May I ask your boyfriends name? Does he ever come on here? Because i'm doing Psych too :smile: And my best friend is doing Contempoary Lens Media, his name is Jack P, look out for him!

His name is Ferenc, or you can call him Frank! I will get him to post on here.
It seems A LOT of people are doing psychology!
Original post by GeorgiaVW
His name is Ferenc, or you can call him Frank! I will get him to post on here.
It seems A LOT of people are doing psychology!

Ah right! I have see him post on the uni blackboard site! What a small world!
Yes,there are a lot of us :P it's a bit department.
I'm coming to Lincoln in Septmber! My boyfriend and I are both going, I'm doing History and he's doing Animal Management and Welfare. Both hoping for Brayford Quay accommodation, looked around at an applicant day and they look sooo nice!
Reply 91
Hey guys, hoping to study forensic psychology its an unconditional offer so fingers crossed for results day! need to get 300 ucas points and worried because I keep doubting myself from my exams...
I have applied to the student village, had a look round on the open day and thought they were quite nice :smile: I sent my application form off in march, so Im hoping I have guarenteed myself a place because I heard its first come first serve basis....

look forward to meeting you all in sept (IF I SUCCEED) :biggrin: cant wait!!
Original post by jamee246
Hey guys, hoping to study forensic psychology its an unconditional offer so fingers crossed for results day! need to get 300 ucas points and worried because I keep doubting myself from my exams...
I have applied to the student village, had a look round on the open day and thought they were quite nice :smile: I sent my application form off in march, so Im hoping I have guarenteed myself a place because I heard its first come first serve basis....

look forward to meeting you all in sept (IF I SUCCEED) :biggrin: cant wait!!

You mean CONDITIONAL offer then?
Reply 93
Original post by cheekymon999
firmed my offer for Forensic science :smile: hopefully get the grades!
First choice accomodation is the student village, second choice the Junxion :smile:

I've firmed Lincoln Forensic science too, just waiting on the grades as well.
I've also set my accomidation first as Student Village. Who knows we could end up living in the same building. :biggrin: Nice to meet a fellow Scientist like myself.
Original post by Bowesy
I've firmed Lincoln Forensic science too, just waiting on the grades as well.
I've also set my accomidation first as Student Village. Who knows we could end up living in the same building. :biggrin: Nice to meet a fellow Scientist like myself.

oooh sounds awsome :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 95
Hope you guys dont get my room from when i lived in student village last year...

pro tip: dont leave shower on so water gets under the door o.o..
Reply 96
I'm going to Lincoln too :biggrin:

Moved here last week since i'm not going into student accomdation and i'm loving it already.

Can't wait to start uni though :biggrin:
Reply 97
See you next month then eh! :biggrin:
Reply 98
I've posted on this thread already I think... But I move down to my house there on the 10th sept...if anyone wants to meet up after for some drinks or come round for dinner or summin send me a message ...
Reply 99
I just got an email from Lincoln confirming I'll be staying at the Junxion. I'm pretty excited about this.

Quick Reply

Latest