The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF Creative Direction or Middlesex

Hello everyone. Ive got a bit of a problem, Ive been offered places at both LCF and Middlesex, and really really cant decide where to go, ive always wanted to live in london so going to LCF would seem perfect, but then i continually hear bad things about the place, but i still love it. Then Middlesex has a fantastic reputation too. I just want to go to the place were i can get the best grades, learn the most, but still have loads and loads of fun and have the proper uni experience. Obviously career prospects upon graduation are incredibly important so i want the place that when i graduate i have the best chance at getting a good job! Anyyyy help/ Options much much much appreciated pleaseeeee! Kat xx
Reply 1
Opsss forgot to put what course, its for Creative Direction at LCF, and Fashion Design, Styling and Promotion at MDX xxx
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hi Kat!

I am or was in the same situation as you I have unconditionals from both universities for the same courses - middlesex gave me the place on the spot at the interview, while LCF made me sweat a little.

I can honestly say both are amazing university. I used to go LCf (for a one year course at Lime Grove campus) and I love it so much, but I have friends who go Middlesex and they love it there. LCF has the most amazing library and everything is within easy access via tube or bus. Lime Grove where Creative Direction will be taught has goldhawk road which has good fabric stores at decent prices, there are alot of restaurants and cafes - it's not a 'happening' place but it has everything you need.

Middlesex on the other hand will have a new building at Hendon which is not within walking distance from the station on those days when you have to carry your work in, on a slight hill and when it rains argh?! But it is one of the best universities in the UK. They still have links with the industry, new facilities , a gym and all sorts so there is alot to do on campus - there is even a bank!

LCF doesn't have such things like that well firstly because they have campuses across London so it's kinda impossible and secondly its an arts university unlike Middlesex. They have the HUB which kinda counts as the central place for things like that.

Obviously, LCF is well known internationally so career opportunities are endless, even during education as well as after. As for Middlesex I am not sure really, but my friends that go there have had great opportunities working for national papers like The Guardian - so thats not bad? At the end of the day you will get a job from your hard work and dedication and what your portfolio looks like and not just on the name regardless where you go.

Ultimately just go with what your heart and gut feeling are going with. Even though Middlesex offered me the place straight away I knew my heart was with LCF. I haven't officially made the decision on UCAS as of yet, but I know in my heart LCF is where I am going I just got to swallow and reject Middlesex. It's scary because you don't know if you making the right decision!

All the horror stories you hear about LCF, some of them may be true, but if you want to get into the fashion industry you have to get thick skin. You're not going to get along with everyone and tutors will criticize your work as well as class members, but you will get that anywhere you go. My experience at LCF all those years ago was fantastic, I had a great time and with my class the majority of us got on really well.

I hope my information helped you to make a decision based on your needs and wants from a course and university!!

Natalie

X
Reply 3
I had the same problem, i wanted to study fashion design, styling and promotion at middlesex and at LCF i wanted to study Fashion Styling and Photography, i got an offer from both of them. As i've heard middlesex is a very good university, but i've always wanted to go to LCF ever since i started fashion just cause i know that with lcf the opportunities to get a job after you leave are far more greater than with middlesex especially if you want a job in fashion only because lcf is a VERY recognised name across the world really.

As soon as i received my offer from LCF i accepted it.. i'm so excited to start.

Good luck with your decision though

x
Reply 4
Hey,
I am new to this forum..
Is anyone starting the Fashion Styling and Photography foundation degree course at LCF in September?
x
Reply 5
Original post by Oons92
Hey,
I am new to this forum..
Is anyone starting the Fashion Styling and Photography foundation degree course at LCF in September?
x

Hey! I'm starting the same course in September :smile:
x
Reply 6
Original post by tyraziya

Original post by tyraziya
Hey! I'm starting the same course in September :smile:
x

Oh really! Heres my email address <mod edit: email address removed>
Let me know what your name is on there and I can add you on facebook! If not I guess I will see you in September :smile:
x
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Oons92
Oh really! Heres my email address <mod edit: email address removed>
Let me know what your name is on there and I can add you on facebook! If not I guess I will see you in September :smile:
x

Hey,

Your email address didn't show up and I don't have a facebook account. So I guess I'll see you in September :smile:. What's your name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending