The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
Has it been a year already? :zomg:

Yeah, got it just pre uni iirc...

Oh no, I've just remembered that I lost two phones last year...so I'm guessing I only got this after I lost the second one, so a few days after new years...
Original post by G8D
8 months and you're already thinking of upgrading?

What about the SanFran's feelings? Ever consider them? :huff:

But I've earned nearly £3000 this summer, it's gotta be spent on something...
Original post by G8D
If you have so much to burn why not buy an off-contract SGS2 or the next big thing?

Cos I've already spent like £1500 :colondollar: and I want to save £1000
Original post by G8D
£500 would buy you a beast :colone:

It is quite a commitment though.

£500 would indeed...but I need money to last me through august as well :tongue:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
But I've earned nearly £3000 this summer, it's gotta be spent on something...

I have the same problem as you, money that needs to be spent. I would love to buy an Android Tablet but tbh they're not good enough atm.
Original post by RedGuy

Can't wait till it comes out :biggrin: I still think it will be under £100 :colone:
Original post by yoyo462001
I have the same problem as you, money that needs to be spent. I would love to buy an Android Tablet but tbh they're not good enough atm.

Even the Asus EEE Transformer? I've heard that's pretty good.
Reply 5647
Original post by alex_hk90
If you're rooted you can run the LeeDrOiD Desire HD Port which has an optional Sense 3.0 add-on. :smile: I've noticed it is a little slower though.

Theres a slight problem with doing that at the moment, i cant root it or downgrade :frown:.

Even the Asus EEE Transformer? I've heard that's pretty good.

To be honest Honeycomb isn't finished. Google haven't released the source code because they didn't want just anyone porting it to any device and as a result giving Android a bad name. I have more faith in Ice cream though, which should hopefully be the release of a new Nexus style tablet.
So as soon as I decide that I'll definitely get a SGS2, I discover that there will be possibly a S2 Plus released in a months time... :facepalm2:
Original post by Doughnuts!!

So as soon as I decide that I'll definitely get a SGS2, I discover that there will be possibly a S2 Plus released in a months time... :facepalm2:

Where did you hear this? And what could they possibly do at this time to improve the phone?
Original post by yoyo462001
Where did you hear this? And what could they possibly do at this time to improve the phone?

It's floating around on the interwebz. It had always been suggested that there would be a version of the S2 with NFC technology, but there are a few reports stating that the S2 Plus will have 1.4Ghz and NFC so that it can compete with the iPhone 5.

:dontknow:

It's floating around on the interwebz. It had always been suggested that there would be a version of the S2 with NFC technology, but there are a few reports stating that the S2 Plus will have 1.4Ghz and NFC so that it can compete with the iPhone 5.

Hardly worth waiting for.

Root your sgs2, overclock it. Problem solved.
Dam release dates :lol:
:rofl:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/08/05/smartphones-will-transform-our-lives-in-ways-we-cannot-even-imagine-today-115875-23320996/

We'll soon be wearing smartphones on our heads in some bizarre augmented reality lifestyle choice... Fantastic!
Can anyone help me? :sad:

Have a problem with my new S2
Original post by G8D
It might help if you actually say what the problem is...

Oh yeah good point.

Is the android 2.3.4 out for the S2? Mine gets a tad hot and I heard that the 2.3.4 fixes this problem to some extent :confused:
Reply 5659
Original post by F_shakeey
Oh yeah good point.

Is the android 2.3.4 out for the S2? Mine gets a tad hot and I heard that the 2.3.4 fixes this problem to some extent :confused:

I think you can get 2.3.4 (think it was released in Poland) your best just upgrading the firmware (BUKG2 I think is the newest from Vodafone)and it should be noticeably cooler

Latest

Trending

Trending