The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HerRoyalHighness
So I have had the scan!! I am actually 5 weeks gone! too early for heartbeat but could see the gestational yolk sac and ill have another one in 2 weeks or so. very happy right now

:party:
Reply 361
So I have had the scan!! I am actually 5 weeks gone! too early for heartbeat but could see the gestational yolk sac and ill have another one in 2 weeks or so. very happy right now

Really happy for you :smile:
hi all, ive had quite a bit of pain this last few days, but nothing is wrong they just said because i have had 2 surgeries before on my stomach and a baby before im experiencing more pain. Still its awful and not very nice. I really think this pregnancy is not going to be easy at all. I really hope I am wrong. Its not like I get a break, my job at a Newsagent is busy and im running about all the time. Ella is away this weekend with my brother and sister in law and being spoiled rotten today! Missing her lots. Good luck with the christening planning DC-ellas was stressful to plan let alone 2.
I really think this pregnancy is not going to be easy at all. I really hope I am wrong.

I hope you are wrong too :smile: :hugs:
How's everyone doing?

I'm getting married ridiculously soon so I'm doing a last minute diet and exercise plan, I want to lose 12lb in 5 weeks!
Original post by balloon_parade
How's everyone doing?

I'm getting married ridiculously soon so I'm doing a last minute diet and exercise plan, I want to lose 12lb in 5 weeks!

Just remember, when your partner asked you to marry him he must have found you attractive otherwise he would not have asked you so don't get too stressed about losing weight.

FYI, in this photo: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=679&pictureid=2920 you look stunning :smile: Natural beauty imo :smile:
Reply 366
How's everyone doing?

how exciting!! Let us know how your diet goes, what do you plan on doing? I have put weight on since ive been back from uni, i could really do with loosing 12lbs too!!

Going wedding dress shopping/looking with my cousin tomorrow, looking forward to it :smile:
Original post by alexa123
Going wedding dress shopping/looking with my cousin tomorrow, looking forward to it :smile:

That is so much fun :biggrin:

Piece of advice: I went to Pronuptua to find a wedding dress. The dress I liked was £850. I searched ebay for a few weeks, and found a similar Pronuptua dress that I bought for £40 + £50 for dry cleaning.
Reply 368
All this talk of wedding dresses made me go on to Pronuptia website and have a look :tongue:. I'm already married but love wedding dresses.....saying that though I did prefer the bridesmaids dresses on there.Then again I guess its hard to actually see a dress on a website.They probably look miles better in real life.
Original post by h82think
Just remember, when your partner asked you to marry him he must have found you attractive otherwise he would not have asked you so don't get too stressed about losing weight.

FYI, in this photo: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=679&pictureid=2920 you look stunning :smile: Natural beauty imo :smile:

Wow, thanks! I do think that is a good shot, it's not what I look like on a daily basis, good lighting and all that!

I think it's the pressure of your wedding- the best you're EVER going to look, so if I've got a few extra pounds, it's a good idea to lose them!

Alexa: Oooh that will be fun! I found it quite daunting because there was SO much choice! But still, exciting!

I love weddings! Can't wait for ours, I had my first nice dream about it the other day! I'm so scared!!!
Reply 370
Wow, thanks! I do think that is a good shot, it's not what I look like on a daily basis, good lighting and all that!

I think it's the pressure of your wedding- the best you're EVER going to look, so if I've got a few extra pounds, it's a good idea to lose them!

Alexa: Oooh that will be fun! I found it quite daunting because there was SO much choice! But still, exciting!

I love weddings! Can't wait for ours, I had my first nice dream about it the other day! I'm so scared!!!

thanks for the tip h28, shall let her know.

Cannot wait for updates on how your wedding went Balloon, i just LOVE weddings, find them so exciting to hear about/ see photos even if i am not going!! :smile:
New Society: Big Post had a lot going on over summer so big update! Must be a record.
Page 1
Subcutaneous: Yay for first post!!
Dita_parlo: I apologise for lateness I hope you and huby get the baby you want I’m sure it’ll happen soon.
PMP: oh dear tooth loss with Lydia hope she manages to get better on her bike!
Iorek: oh dear hope little one loves nursey soon

Page 2
PMP: Woot for Alex getting into Lydia’s school
Amandeep_Psych07: Pamper sets of bath stuff/Pedicure/Manicure stuff maybe or if you can afford foot massager

Page 3
Tufts: Congratulations :biggrin:
Zenobia: My cousins did that just play games with them and they come out of their shell soon enough.

Page 4
Iorek: oh dear sorry to hear such a bad weekend with MIL
PMP: be happy you got them back and yummy lamb dinner
Chemical_bex: Hello not heard from you in aggess how are you and LO?

Page 5
PMP: photos are so cute
Tufts: Would of thought as long as each has equal time with you that would be enough and im sure both kids or however many you and hubby have will both to equally good at academics
Balloon_Parade: Glad Bella got into first choice primary

Page 6
Tufts: sounds scary hope morning sickness goes
PMP: I agree

Page 7
I’m not a kids tv fan but if it keeps them happy and entertained them that’s one thing.
An_end_has_a_start: why not try after university so that you got a degree under your belt and no distractions, you can then take the year out have baby and do part time masters/online if you want. My aim is to be engaged after finishing uni/job/part time masters and get married by the time im 27 with hopefully first kid I have to get a phD as I will be main bread winner so need a good paid job due to partners ill health issues.

Page 8
Eric Hartmann: just get some sweets/stuff for LO to do on plane, sorry to hear MIL is such a horrible woman.

Page 9
Eric Hartmann: How did essay go?
PMP: Joint party maybe next yr since that its gone and past take out Jason for his birthday zoo maybe? Cool new Fridge/Freezer

Page 10
PMP: Your mum looks so young

Page 11
Tufts: I guess ... Boy!

Page 12
Balloon_Parade: Good luck with potty training
Dita_parlo: You may have a wait but you might get some answers look on positives
HRH: Sorry to hear nothing will be done could you not go to docs about the scar tissue if its getting worse?
Tufts: No didn’t watch it
xoxAngel_Kxox: Sorry to hear about miscarriage/Losing baby in March

Page 13
Dita I’m so sorry to hear :hugs:
PMP: Glad the kids enjoyed seaside
Antigone89: You could do first semester until January after exams, take out year and then go back (if possible) in January finish the semester following year and then in September go back part time into 2nd year.
Green_Lanturn: Hi hows you all and Charlotte Jane?

Page 14
Antigone89: Is up to you if you want to try and make it work with him or not be with him?
Zenobia: your application isn’t doomed just be really good about your grades/get a good independent study,

Page 15
Antigone89: I’m so sorry you are getting the bad part to this, :hugs: he sounds so horrible have you let his parents know even if you are/wil not be together and you chose to keep the baby then least let them be involved with there grandchild. Least your workplace and family are supportive and you have some support now.
Zenobia: I want to study either genetics or ecology which I need to get a good masters got some places thought of.
HRH: Masters I want to do are costing around to over £5000.
Dream_Catcher: Hello nice to hear from you again oh dear about him not eating why not make it look fun to eat and eat a little in front and make look yummy and it’s much better then not eating might work, worked for my cousin when she wanted cola and not lemonade, made it so its better hows Tamzin?

Page 16
Welcome missymorrison :biggrin:
Antigone89: Sorry to hear you had such a horrible bloke I promise there are better males in the world you wont screw you over

Page 17
Missymorrison: wow very sorted and done with
Erich Martmann: Wow enjoy travelling sounds amazing to be able to go all over the world
HRH: Woohoo congratulations :biggrin:
Dita_Parlo: Thanks for letting us know
Tufts: Happy (late)1st birthday to Amy!

Page 18
Antigone89: At least you got a apology and he admits his guilt it may help not make it right though, stick to your guns as Balloon_parade said picture is so cute right? Just keep looking at picture and thinking soon be here
PrincessAriadne: Congratulations (sorry its late) on the arrival of your baby boy
Belle-X why not give money to mum so she can buy him something or put away until he’s older and already got ready for Christmas?!
HRH: Good luck with toilet training with Elle
Erich Hartman :Bad summer as they come
xoxAngel_Kxox: When its right as you said
Zenobia: 99 families lost a loved one regardless thats how I think of it its horrible whichever way 99 families have lost someone they loved regardless of what was put into system (alcohol/drugs wise). Didnt stop her parents loving her.

Page 19:
DreamCatcher: Very prepared aren’t you even im not that prepared nice one for it aww Christening how sweet
HRH: Congratulations very happy for you
Balloon_Parade: Congratulations and enjoy your big day and good luck on the last minute diet I tried losing weight just walked everywhere and drank water and ate smaller portions, skipping helps to brought a skipping rope its fun to be behave like a big kid again :biggrin:
Over summer: Cracked a rib after returning from field trip with uni, deferred exams until August and got my results B+ on my field biology module dont know how! A- on research methods very happy with that :smile: and my uncle got ill and was dianosed with

Spoiler

started off with chemo and then got ill went in hospital got better hes out and my mum told him not to go off again!

Hes getting better eating small portions of food which is good hes on tablets/chemo and something called fortysip. Told my assistant head and leader of biology as well as he was in office when I was talking to module leader of oncology which im not doing now. so been busy revising for exams. Going to hate 2 modules (invert and animal beh).

Had cousins come up and made friends with Chloe and Daniel spoilt them a bit they'll be down again in couple of weeks yay :biggrin: chloe is already very independent when shes not shy aww bless her :smile: Daniel is very sweet very shy and likes following people up stairs!
I can't wait to see pictures BP!!!

Sorry to hear about your uncle sapphire :frown: But glad he's recovering :biggrin:

I'm happily planning the christening whihc all seems to be fitting into place. Was so stressed when I first started thinking it would be hard and overwhelming, but it's really easy once you've got the main things sorted Church and venue.

Finally got Xander his suit, seen a lovely one on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130549948335&var=430024522412&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2427wt_932

We got age 2-3 years as he's small but got a big belly!

Now whoever said that girls cost more than boys isn't looking in the right places. I've looked everywhere for the "perfect" dress for Tamzin, which price ranges of £30-£70 just for a dress! And then there's the usual dreaded extra cost for accessories.

I found a lovely cream faux fur coat from Debenhams at a local charity shop for £2!!! It's a size 9-12 months so should fit her around Xmas to her Birthday. And will used for the christening on 15th January :smile:

After getting that lucky once, I really didn't think there would be a second time. But I decided to look anyway, no such luck any bargain I spotted was aged 3 years :frown: Mum then rung me this morning telling me she had the perfect dress! She couldn't have been more right :biggrin: It's an Ivory Victorian laced/silk styled dress thats slightly puffed out with netting. There are gold rose buds and leaves detailing. It also came with a matching pair of pants and a bonnet. All for the amazing price of.......£2.45!!!!!! Yes you read that correctly £2.45 :biggrin: It's not labelled with a size but when we tried it on Tamzin it went right down to her ankles so with a little luck and growing it'll fit her perfect come January. She's already got a pair of shoes, I can't describe the colour Gold/Ivory ballet shoes, that we we're given as a present when she was born. They are aged 0-3 months and are huge on her still :smile: Still need to get her socks but basically she's pretty much dressed for less than £10 :eek:

How's everyones holiday going, I planned to take kids swimming last week will be Tamzin's first time, but they had a cold and are still recovering :frown: Hopefully we'll be able to go on Monday when Xander returns from Leeds.
balloon - I agree you're naturally really pretty. You're gonna look so lovely on your wedding day!

Saphhire - ouch at the rib, poor you. sorry to hear about your uncle

DC - ooh planning for Christening is fun :smile:

My news :

-my best mate was due to get married 5th September and Lydia was gonna be a bridesmaid. Well they've just this week called the wedding off.

-I'm still losing weight but this last half stone to get down to normal is SO difficult. I got to 10 stone 11lbs a couple of days ago, stayed at that weight for a few days, and now I'm 10 stone 12lbs again. But I seriously want to get down to normal (10 stone 5lbs) before 13th September because...

-we're off to Salou (Spain) for 10 days. And yes it's when the kids should be in school, as of 7th September, Lydia is going into Class 3 and Alex is starting in Class 1. The headteacher is gonna kick my arse. Tough though really we couldn't afford to go any other time. I'm SO looking forward to it. We get back on 23rd September, and then I've got Jason turning 2 on 24th September, and Lydia turning 6 on 25th September lol. Busy busy!

-Speaking of birthdays, it's Alex's 4th birthday on Sunday (not today, next Sunday). We've invited about 10 kids from his nursery, and 2 kids from this street. Trouble is we've only had 5 RSVPs so far (3 positive, 2 negative) so I'm in a quandry as to how much food to buy and party bags and stuff because what if all the kids who didn't RSVP end up showing up? What if they don't? EUGH!
I'm gonna bake his cake. It's not going to be neat at ALL because I don't have decorating skills, but it's gonna be chocolatey so that'll have to do haha. I make nice tasting cakes just not very nice looking cakes. I'm sure 3 year olds won't care though.

So, uhh, that's about it really. Not much more news. Phil has flu, which is just marvellous, so he's in bed.
recent pics

DC: Ooooh gosh that's such great deal, my girls dresses were £50 EACH- in the sale! And Bella ripped it on the day (we did get it neatly fixed though!) So well impressed with your price!

Alexa: It's just so hectic, so much to think about, everyone seems incapable of doing things for themselves, which just adds on to the work load. We finalised the seating plan last night and there is 69 people overall 9 of them being children! What a worry!

SE: I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope he gets well soon. And I hope you're rib heals soon.

PMP: We weigh the same, I got weighed at the gym and I am 10st 12lb so I want to lose around 12lb, but we'll see because I have so many meals out planned! But I've written an exercise plan so even if I don't lose lbs, hopefully I'll tone up. Good luck in your home stretch, you've lost so much already but the last pesky lbs are always the hardest to shift.

The holiday sounds great! I think when they are little it's not too bad to take them out of school, it's just when they have SATs week or something it's a bit dodgy! Plus the prices are just ridiculously cheap. I hope you have fun! The kids are looking so grown up in those photos.

I've just got my first week PGCE timetable and it's bloody hectic. It's the same week Bella starts school (which I'll miss :frown: ) and then Gareth's stag do and I'm taking the girls to center parcs at the same weekend. Going to be ridiculously busy. EK!

Also, I've just started this course, Equality and Diversity Level 2 (I don't know WHY as if I need any excuse to have more things to do!) but it's free and it's a nationally recognised qualification so it's something to add onto the old CV, because I'm so scared about not getting a job for the next academic year.

it's on http://www.vision2learn.com/ if anyone's interested whilst it's summer!

Hope you're all having a great summer!! :smile:
it's on http://www.vision2learn.com/ if anyone's interested whilst it's summer!

Thank you for the link :smile:

Also, I've just started this course, Equality and Diversity Level 2 (I don't know WHY as if I need any excuse to have more things to do!) but it's free and it's a nationally recognised qualification so it's something to add onto the old CV, because I'm so scared about not getting a job for the next academic year.

I don't think that's a course that you could pay me to attend.

Is it another robinhood economics type class? :biggrin:

Original post by PinkMobilePhone

My news :

-my best mate was due to get married 5th September and Lydia was gonna be a bridesmaid. Well they've just this week called the wedding off.

-I'm still losing weight but this last half stone to get down to normal is SO difficult. I got to 10 stone 11lbs a couple of days ago, stayed at that weight for a few days, and now I'm 10 stone 12lbs again. But I seriously want to get down to normal (10 stone 5lbs) before 13th September because...

-we're off to Salou (Spain) for 10 days. And yes it's when the kids should be in school, as of 7th September, Lydia is going into Class 3 and Alex is starting in Class 1. The headteacher is gonna kick my arse. Tough though really we couldn't afford to go any other time. I'm SO looking forward to it. We get back on 23rd September, and then I've got Jason turning 2 on 24th September, and Lydia turning 6 on 25th September lol. Busy busy!

Must be the season for weddings to be called off, I have 2 weddings that I was supposed to attend in Sept and got called off too, though on one of the days the party is still going to go on as he has decided to hold a "good riddance" party instead.

Hope you meet your weight loss targets in time for Spain........just don't add more while on holiday :biggrin:

Original post by Dream_Catcher

After getting that lucky once, I really didn't think there would be a second time. But I decided to look anyway, no such luck any bargain I spotted was aged 3 years :frown: Mum then rung me this morning telling me she had the perfect dress! She couldn't have been more right :biggrin: It's an Ivory Victorian laced/silk styled dress thats slightly puffed out with netting. There are gold rose buds and leaves detailing. It also came with a matching pair of pants and a bonnet. All for the amazing price of.......£2.45!!!!!! Yes you read that correctly £2.45 :biggrin: It's not labelled with a size but when we tried it on Tamzin it went right down to her ankles so with a little luck and growing it'll fit her perfect come January. She's already got a pair of shoes, I can't describe the colour Gold/Ivory ballet shoes, that we we're given as a present when she was born. They are aged 0-3 months and are huge on her still :smile: Still need to get her socks but basically she's pretty much dressed for less than £10 :eek:

How's everyones holiday going, I planned to take kids swimming last week will be Tamzin's first time, but they had a cold and are still recovering :frown: Hopefully we'll be able to go on Monday when Xander returns from Leeds.

Sounds like you got yourself some good bargains.

Holidays? It went well, though now I've started on my paternity leave, needed to use up all the OT I've built up and also the holiday time I've put in, so it means I've got to take a whole month off work before due date rather than just 1 week as originally planned...... it's such a nightmare as everything in the house is irritating me.

Original post by Sapphire_Eyes
Over summer: Cracked a rib after returning from field trip with uni, deferred exams until August and got my results B+ on my field biology module dont know how! A- on research methods very happy with that :smile: and my uncle got ill and was dianosed with

Spoiler

started off with chemo and then got ill went in hospital got better hes out and my mum told him not to go off again!

Hes getting better eating small portions of food which is good hes on tablets/chemo and something called fortysip. Told my assistant head and leader of biology as well as he was in office when I was talking to module leader of oncology which im not doing now. so been busy revising for exams. Going to hate 2 modules (invert and animal beh).

Had cousins come up and made friends with Chloe and Daniel spoilt them a bit they'll be down again in couple of weeks yay :biggrin: chloe is already very independent when shes not shy aww bless her :smile: Daniel is very sweet very shy and likes following people up stairs!

Hope your uncle recovers soon.

Hope you recover soon as well and all the best on the deferred examination.

Original post by Sapphire_Eyes

Eric Hartmann: just get some sweets/stuff for LO to do on plane, sorry to hear MIL is such a horrible woman.
Eric Hartmann: How did essay go?
Erich Hartmann: Wow enjoy travelling sounds amazing to be able to go all over the world
Erich Hartman :Bad summer as they come

You have loads of patience :biggrin: To be able to read through 18 pages :biggrin: For me any thread more than 6 pages I will only read the first 2 and the last 2.

Flight to Zurich, LO surprisingly was very good on it, they gave her a "child pack" with some sweets and toys. She was quite amused with the flight. She enjoyed Switzerland a lot.

The trip to Hong Kong was good, ate too much as usual :biggrin:

The essays went well, though I've decided to stop the MBA program, can't stand all the damn socialist and left whingers infiltration into the program and them talking non-stop on sustainability and CSR..... uhhh, decided to transfer the credits to a Msc Finance and Investment program at the same university, received exemptions for 3 of the 8 modules. Will need to do 3 modules in the autumn and 2 in spring, then hand in a dissertation, will use the same one which I was preparing for the MBA with some minor alterations which is already 3/4 done. Will mostly self-study the modules.

I will start a new MBA program at Zurich University later this month. 1 day and 2 evening classes every fortnight for the next 2 years.
Original post by Erich Hartmann
I don't think that's a course that you could pay me to attend.

Is it another robinhood economics type class? :biggrin:

Well it's online and the work is supposed to be 100 hours but after looking at the tasks it is nowhere near that.

I don't know, just thought it would be something positive to fill my time with to further my professional development, I feel I'm already behind because I've got the girls, I need extra things!! :tongue:

Quick Reply