The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by emilymay
Yeah thats why most people went to the accomodation open day, but tbh if it's student halls run by the university they're hardly going to be a ****hole. They have a fairly high standard of accomodation at Leeds aswell.

Not to mention they have inspections to make sure the flat is tidy etc etc. I remember when visiting my friend who lives at Lupton, he said about the inspections.
So no need to worry :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Yeah thats why most people went to the accomodation open day, but tbh if it's student halls run by the university they're hardly going to be a ****hole. They have a fairly high standard of accomodation at Leeds aswell.

yes I heard about that. Anyway I applied for 52 Claredon Road and Sentinel tower...they're going to reply me by the end of august, when I'll be there. About these 2 uni accomodations I just know about the prices and location, once there I can realize if it suits me or not.
Reply 2542
Original post by Lovin
Oh dear. How come you'v been giving a different room?

Just said they made a mistake, same builder just closer to the ground :dontknow: Just hope it's not an all boys thing now
Original post by dmz
Just said they made a mistake, same builder just closer to the ground :dontknow: Just hope it's not an all boys thing now

me too! ive been moved from 611A to GO8B :frown: was quite excited about being on the 6th floor lol x
Reply 2544
Original post by alexpower
me too! ive been moved from 611A to GO8B :frown: was quite excited about being on the 6th floor lol x

I'm on first floor, i was excited about 9th floor but it's probably more practical? maybe they prefer the upper floors to be empty as opposed as opposed to lower ones? :dontknow:
Original post by dmz
I'm on first floor, i was excited about 9th floor but it's probably more practical? maybe they prefer the upper floors to be empty as opposed as opposed to lower ones? :dontknow:

yeah, i was thinking that, it'l be easier moving in and everything! :smile:
ah well, I guess all the rooms are pretty similar on the inside? i didnt get to go to the accommodation day so ive never seen it
Reply 2546
yeah, i was thinking that, it'l be easier moving in and everything! :smile:
ah well, I guess all the rooms are pretty similar on the inside? i didnt get to go to the accommodation day so ive never seen it

i went to the accommodation day but never saw it. Lol
How do loads of you know what accommodation building you're definitely in and who's in your flat? I just got an email saying that I'll find out by the start of September. Have I done something wrong?
Reply 2548
Original post by ljbuilder
How do loads of you know what accommodation building you're definitely in and who's in your flat? I just got an email saying that I'll find out by the start of September. Have I done something wrong?

Those with unconditional offers found out about accom sometime last month, and I found out at the end of May as I'm a returning student.
Reply 2549

Same thing here! I was moved from 4.03 to 2.03 in Oxley House. Doesn't really bother me tbh, but I do wonder why they're putting us all on the lower floors lol.

Do I just accept the new contract? I've already paid my deposit once...
Reply 2550
Ahh, phoned accom up to make sure deposit went through and it hasn't! :s-smilie: Really worried, Dad was sure the money had gone out the account. Hope he comes home from work early so I can get to talk to him and we can check it all out.

Also accomoffice, I asked about whether or not my flat was mixed or single coz I wanted to know the gender ratio, but they couldn't tell me :frown: is there any chance you can find out for me? Tannery block A Flat 811a :smile: Thank you x
Reply 2551
Ahh, phoned accom up to make sure deposit went through and it hasn't! :s-smilie: Really worried, Dad was sure the money had gone out the account. Hope he comes home from work early so I can get to talk to him and we can check it all out.

Also accomoffice, I asked about whether or not my flat was mixed or single coz I wanted to know the gender ratio, but they couldn't tell me :frown: is there any chance you can find out for me? Tannery block A Flat 811a :smile: Thank you x

Ahhh, did you have a suspicion that it hadn't and that is why you rang?
Or did you just want to double check? I am now worried that I should ring too!!
If anyones in Bodington Hall Lattimore House C Let me know. I lived in that house last year and would be interested to know what flat your in :smile:
Reply 2553
Original post by FloRaRa

I just wanted to double check I was expecting it all to be fine :frown: I hope I can get it sorted! I don't want to lose my accomodation!!
Reply 2554
Original post by FloRaRa

I'm in the tannery block C, been to look today theres loads of renovation though! you doing a medical course? x
Reply 2555
Original post by RiiRii
I've got a unconditional nursing offer aswell but signed up to the tannery, got told today its mainly all medical courses!

Famous with medical people, cos it's close to the hospital and the medicine end of the uni but i'm doing engineering...tho it is medical :teehee:
I just wanted to double check I was expecting it all to be fine :frown: I hope I can get it sorted! I don't want to lose my accomodation!!

I got an e-mail after i paid the deposit, though i went back on it today after my room changed and it doesn't show i've paid any money
Reply 2556
Original post by RiiRii
I'm in the tannery block C, been to look today theres loads of renovation though! you doing a medical course? x

Do you know which bits are getting renovated specifically?
Reply 2557
Original post by gina.x
yay :biggrin: i can't wait to move in now! roll on september :smile: i'm doing law, what about you?

Im in tannery aswell! confirmed it today block C where abouts are you:smile:?
Original post by dmz
Do you know which bits are getting renovated specifically?

All the kitchens are being redone, they're doing loads of painting and all the beds are being replaced by "junior doubles" (i.e. 4foot beds)
Original post by dmz

Nope, still 2/3

Latest