The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by dmz
Do you know which bits are getting renovated specifically?

the whole of it got told, common room aswell as all the rooms, not finished yet though x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2561
Original post by accomoffice
All the kitchens are being redone, they're doing loads of painting and all the beds are being replaced by "junior doubles" (i.e. 4foot beds)

Nope, still 2/3

Thanks a lot :smile:, sweet, sounds like it's gonna be really good!

Original post by RiiRii
the whole of it got told, common room aswell as all the rooms, not finished yet though x

Really can't wait anymore now though
Original post by emilymay
Ahh, phoned accom up to make sure deposit went through and it hasn't! :s-smilie: Really worried, Dad was sure the money had gone out the account. Hope he comes home from work early so I can get to talk to him and we can check it all out.

Also accomoffice, I asked about whether or not my flat was mixed or single coz I wanted to know the gender ratio, but they couldn't tell me :frown: is there any chance you can find out for me? Tannery block A Flat 811a :smile: Thank you x

3 girls, 2 guys. As with all the gender details, we can't guarantee it won't be change but that's how it should stay.
Reply 2563

I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not Montague Burton flat E1.2 was a designated quiet flat or not, as I'd rather not have a repeat of the noise that I had last year.

I was also wondering when the residence eIntro opened as the link for it has appeared on the University Portal system but the accom allocation email says that it doesn't open until August 27th.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2564
3 girls, 2 guys. As with all the gender details, we can't guarantee it won't be change but that's how it should stay.

would you be able to yell me the ratio for the tannery block C 808c ?
Reply 2565
Original post by Gemini92
I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not Montague Burton flat E1.2 was a designated quiet flat or not, as I'd rather not have a repeat of the noise that I had last year.

I was also wondering when the residence eIntro opened as the link for it has appeared on the University Portal system but the accom allocation email says that it doesn't open until August 27th.

that's what i was told when i mailed
Original post by RiiRii
would you be able to yell me the ratio for the tannery block C 808c ?
think it's 2:3 all over in the tannery
All the kitchens are being redone, they're doing loads of painting and all the beds are being replaced by "junior doubles" (i.e. 4foot beds)

Hi accomoffice! I found out i've been moved to block A room GO8B -i didnt know there were flats on the ground floor cos of the common room etc, just wondering how many are there? also can you tell me if its a mixed flat? thank you! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2567
Hiya, on the Leeds University website it says
"Guests can only stay in your room/flat for 3 consecutive nights during any week, 3 times per term"
Can you spread this out e.g one night a week.. or does the number of nights not matter, only the 3 times a term? Thanks
Reply 2568
Original post by ShannonW
Hiya, on the Leeds University website it says
"Guests can only stay in your room/flat for 3 consecutive nights during any week, 3 times per term"
Can you spread this out e.g one night a week.. or does the number of nights not matter, only the 3 times a term? Thanks

Generally, that rule isn't enforced. As long as your flatmates are OK with the person staying with you, then you'll be fine.
Reply 2569
Generally, that rule isn't enforced. As long as your flatmates are OK with the person staying with you, then you'll be fine.

Thankyou! Been looking for an anwser to this for ages! :smile:

I can check that for you tomorrow

At the moment, it'll be all last year's info (athough to be honest, a lot won't have changed). Because new students can't access the portal at all until August 27 (although it might be a couple of days earlier this year), we don't finish updating the eIntro until just before then. And this year we're going to have an eInventory as well which we hope will be accessed the same way, but its still in the hands of the IT people at the moment.
Original post by alexpower
Hi accomoffice! I found out i've been moved to block A room GO8B -i didnt know there were flats on the ground floor cos of the common room etc, just wondering how many are there? also can you tell me if its a mixed flat? thank you! :smile:

I think it's 3 in that block but I'll check tomorrow. And yes, as far as I recall, your flat is mixed. (although, usual caveat, that can change)
Reply 2572
Original post by cannella
Same thing here! I was moved from 4.03 to 2.03 in Oxley House. Doesn't really bother me tbh, but I do wonder why they're putting us all on the lower floors lol.

Do I just accept the new contract? I've already paid my deposit once...

I'm still at the top floor. :smile: Kinda excited about this although gotta admitt wasnt at first. Won't have anyone above me :biggrin:

Original post by dmz
Famous with medical people, cos it's close to the hospital and the medicine end of the uni but i'm doing engineering...tho it is medical :teehee:

I got an e-mail after i paid the deposit, though i went back on it today after my room changed and it doesn't show i've paid any money

I havent got an email, even though I pad my deposit. Oh dear im guna go check the bank see if the money went out. Although accomoffice was able to tell me about my room. Does that mean it's all sorted?
Reply 2573
Original post by Lovin
I'm still at the top floor. :smile: Kinda excited about this although gotta admitt wasnt at first. Won't have anyone above me :biggrin:

I havent got an email, even though I pad my deposit. Oh dear im guna go check the bank see if the money went out. Although accomoffice was able to tell me about my room. Does that mean it's all sorted?

If you've paid it it'll probably be fine, you can always call to check :smile: (not to make more work for accomoffice)
Reply 2574
Original post by dmz
If you've paid it it'll probably be fine, you can always call to check :smile: (not to make more work for accomoffice)

Iv just this min checked my bank and the deposit has come out. So i'm sure it'll be fine :smile:
Now I really cant wait. Counting down the days. Just thinking of all them floors ill have to climb when taking my stuff up to my room. Oh it's guna be a busy day lol.
Reply 2575
Original post by Lovin
Iv just this min checked my bank and the deposit has come out. So i'm sure it'll be fine :smile:
Now I really cant wait. Counting down the days. Just thinking of all them floors ill have to climb when taking my stuff up to my room. Oh it's guna be a busy day lol.

Haha you'll probably have a lift.
I well can't ****ing wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, just wanna get out of here and be free already. lol. I'm on first floor now so bit closer to the parties
Reply 2576
Original post by dmz
Haha you'll probably have a lift.
I well can't ****ing wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, just wanna get out of here and be free already. lol. I'm on first floor now so bit closer to the parties

Yeh, very true I didnt think about that. God could you imagine trying all them stairs being drunk. HA now that would be a sight.
Same though. Full time worker atm and can't wait to get back into education and start following what iv wanted to do all my life. :biggrin: :biggrin: So excited :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2577
Original post by Lovin
Yeh, very true I didnt think about that. God could you imagine trying all them stairs being drunk. HA now that would be a sight.
Same though. Full time worker atm and can't wait to get back into education and start following what iv wanted to do all my life. :biggrin: :biggrin: So excited :biggrin: :biggrin:

same, working 3 jobs and i have so much hate for tax. lol, no strict parents, my own place, own money and lots of free time not to mention physics and maths :wink: pretty giddy with excitement, haha you can always sleep on the stairs :tongue: lol
Reply 2578
Original post by RiiRii
I'm in the tannery block C, been to look today theres loads of renovation though! you doing a medical course? x

Did you mean to quote me? I'm not in the tannery, but I am a medic :smile: I'm in Devonshire.
Original post by dmz
same, working 3 jobs and i have so much hate for tax. lol, no strict parents, my own place, own money and lots of free time not to mention physics and maths :wink: pretty giddy with excitement, haha you can always sleep on the stairs :tongue: lol

I don't know about you but tax-related **** ups by the management at work mean I'm gonna be after a hefty rebate come September (i.e. £400) :biggrin:

Latest