The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Original post by dmz
same, working 3 jobs and i have so much hate for tax. lol, no strict parents, my own place, own money and lots of free time not to mention physics and maths :wink: pretty giddy with excitement, haha you can always sleep on the stairs :tongue: lol

Oh god tell me about it. I'm working 16hr shifts at the moment just so I can have a bit of money to go to uni with. Had a few things to pay for, which is taking up my entire months wage. So doing extra hours just for an extra £200 quid which isn't going to last long lol.

Sleeping on the stairs....never thought about that lol. Cnt imagine it would be to comfortable though.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2581
Original post by Muffinz
I don't know about you but tax-related **** ups by the management at work mean I'm gonna be after a hefty rebate come September (i.e. £400) :biggrin:

i'm on 600-700 atm, but i'll probably bet a job uni are go over the 7k :frown:.
Till last two weeks i was working 60-72 hours a week but wasn't making much after tax
Reply 2582
Original post by Lovin
Oh god tell me about it. I'm working 16hr shifts at the moment just so I can have a bit of money to go to uni with. Had a few things to pay for, which is taking up my entire months wage. So doing extra hours just for an extra £200 quid which isn't going to last long lol.

Sleeping on the stairs....never thought about that lol. Cnt imagine it would be to comfortable though.

might have to get a job in uni. I'll see How my budgeting and free time go first tho.

Probably not :tongue: i saw a drunk on the floor asleep under a car by the roadside the other day
Original post by Gemini92
I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not Montague Burton flat E1.2 was a designated quiet flat or not, as I'd rather not have a repeat of the noise that I had last year.

Yes, it is. All of E block is quiet.
Reply 2584
Original post by dmz
might have to get a job in uni. I'll see How my budgeting and free time go first tho.

Probably not :tongue: i saw a drunk on the floor asleep under a car by the roadside the other day

Under a car? Well I spose it really depends on how drunk you are lol. Spose if your completely rat arsed you'd find anything comfortable till the next morning ha ha. :tongue:
We may just have to put this to the test LOL.

What is everyone bringing to Uni? Like kitchen stuff, bedroom stuff? Or are people buying it when they get up there?
Reply 2585
Original post by RiiRii
Im in tannery aswell! confirmed it today block C where abouts are you:smile:?

I'm in A114c :smile:
Reply 2586
Original post by Lovin
What is everyone bringing to Uni? Like kitchen stuff, bedroom stuff? Or are people buying it when they get up there?

You can buy a kitchen pack and a bedding pack from the uni if you want and they'll leave them in your room for when you arrive, but I'm not sure how good value for money they are.
Reply 2587
You can buy a kitchen pack and a bedding pack from the uni if you want and they'll leave them in your room for when you arrive, but I'm not sure how good value for money they are.

Yeah I was thinking about going to Argos. They have some pretty nice value ranges for kitchen stuff. Havent had a look at bedding stuff. :smile:
Look at me being all keen ha ha
Reply 2588
Original post by Lovin
Yeah I was thinking about going to Argos. They have some pretty nice value ranges for kitchen stuff. Havent had a look at bedding stuff. :smile:
Look at me being all keen ha ha

That's where I got most of my stuff last year. Regarding bedding, some rooms in halls have double beds whilst most are singles, so you might want to wait until you know whether you have a double bed or a single bed before you buy your bedding.
Reply 2589
That's where I got most of my stuff last year. Regarding bedding, some rooms in halls have double beds whilst most are singles, so you might want to wait until you know whether you have a double bed or a single bed before you buy your bedding.

Would be alrght if it was a double. I have a double at home so wouldnt need to buy anything new. Just bring it all with me :biggrin:. I'm on the top floor of Leodis which is shared by 4 people. What do you think? single or double?
What are the majority of rooms in Leodis, single or double?
Reply 2590
Original post by Lovin
Would be alrght if it was a double. I have a double at home so wouldnt need to buy anything new. Just bring it all with me :biggrin:. I'm on the top floor of Leodis which is shared by 4 people. What do you think? single or double?
What are the majority of rooms in Leodis, single or double?

According to the university accom site, all rooms in Leodis have single beds.
Reply 2591
According to the university accom site, all rooms in Leodis have single beds.

Ah should have really looked that one up :smile: No worries though. :smile: Thank you
Reply 2592
Original post by Lovin
Iv just this min checked my bank and the deposit has come out. So i'm sure it'll be fine :smile:
Now I really cant wait. Counting down the days. Just thinking of all them floors ill have to climb when taking my stuff up to my room. Oh it's guna be a busy day lol.

I'd reccomend you phone and check! Mine had come out of the account but hadn't been linked as my accomodation deposit so it just went into the uni account as a 'donation' I managed to get it sorted today, you use the reference from the bank, or accom just used the names on the account to track it down and get it in the right place. But yeah if you haven't had an email definately check, it'll only take 2 mins and then you know for sure you haven't got anything to worry about :smile:
Original post by emilymay
I'd reccomend you phone and check! Mine had come out of the account but hadn't been linked as my accomodation deposit so it just went into the uni account as a 'donation' I managed to get it sorted today, you use the reference from the bank, or accom just used the names on the account to track it down and get it in the right place. But yeah if you haven't had an email definately check, it'll only take 2 mins and then you know for sure you haven't got anything to worry about :smile:

And it was nice talking to you :smile:
Original post by accomoffice
x

Hi accomoffice :smile: thanks for being so helpful and nice to everyone!

Just a question, I've got an unconditional offer, but Leeds is my insurance. Does that mean I don't find out about accommodation until after results day? Sorry, just thought I'd confirm. Thanks :smile:
Reply 2595
Original post by fishandchips92
Hi accomoffice :smile: thanks for being so helpful and nice to everyone!

Just a question, I've got an unconditional offer, but Leeds is my insurance. Does that mean I don't find out about accommodation until after results day? Sorry, just thought I'd confirm. Thanks :smile:

I would have said that you would have to wait until results day, because as I understand it the accomodation office doesn't allocate rooms until it has been confirmed that the student will definitely be attending, as it would be pointless to allocate a room to someone who may not end up at the uni.
Reply 2596

Haha, thanks it was nice talking to you too! :biggrin: You were very helpful and I am so glad it's all sorted, was a panic day yesterday when I found out :tongue:
Hey! Does anyone know much about oxley? I've been put there and don't really know much about it :smile:

Hey, I may be being moved from flat 4 in Oxley house to flat 2. Was wondering what this flat is like i.e. How many people are in it, is it mixed gender, is it going to be a quiet or loud flat?

Reply 2599
Original post by Lovin
Under a car? Well I spose it really depends on how drunk you are lol. Spose if your completely rat arsed you'd find anything comfortable till the next morning ha ha. :tongue:
We may just have to put this to the test LOL.

Haha, i suppose we will :tongue:

erm, i got that list of facebook and gave it to my mum (had to cross condom off the list though...getting that myself :lol:) Aldi's really cheap, i remember them having cutleries for less than £2 at a point

I heard your voice in the background when i called, assuming only two of you worked in the office :awesome:

Latest