The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgrad accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rac92
Funny you should say that, I've been wanting to do one for a while now! Extended versions, right?

When are you planning on moving to Sheffield?

Absolutely, extended versions are a must!
I'm going to do the orientation week thing for international student, so I'm taking the plane on September 11th (hm..) but not moving into broad lane untli the 17th.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 41
Original post by iris01
Absolutely, extended versions are a must!
I'm going to do the orientation week thing for international student, so I'm taking the plane on September 11th (hm..) but not moving into broad lane untli the 17th.

That's cool, where will you be staying for the 6 days beforehand? I'm hoping to move in on the 18th, so I'll come and find you :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Rac92
That's cool, where will you be staying for the 6 days beforehand? I'm hoping to move in on the 18th, so I'll come and find you :smile:

Stephenson Hall, not sure if that means temporary rooms or that they're just going to throw everybody together on little airbeds, but it should be fun either way :smile: And sounds like a plan! just let me know on facebook when you get there! (gosh, how did people ever survive without the internet?! :wink:)
Reply 43
Original post by iris01
Stephenson Hall, not sure if that means temporary rooms or that they're just going to throw everybody together on little airbeds, but it should be fun either way :smile: And sounds like a plan! just let me know on facebook when you get there! (gosh, how did people ever survive without the internet?! :wink:)

The airbeds sound fun, soon get to know people that way =D And I shall do ^_^
Reply 44
hi..
i will be staying at opal2 for my PG course.
wanted to know if its exclusively for postgraduate students or are undergrads a part of it too? (Coz if it isn't, I have a feeling its gonna be lackluster)
Also, it would be nice to know who else is around!
Reply 45
Original post by rah
hi..
i will be staying at opal2 for my PG course.
wanted to know if its exclusively for postgraduate students or are undergrads a part of it too? (Coz if it isn't, I have a feeling its gonna be lackluster)
Also, it would be nice to know who else is around!

I don't think Opal 2 is postgrad only, but I think they'll group all of the postgrads together. I'll be living with four 2nd years which should be interesting :wink: I'm not in Opal, but I think our buildings will be relatively close by ^_^
Reply 46
Original post by Rac92
I don't think Opal 2 is postgrad only, but I think they'll group all of the postgrads together. I'll be living with four 2nd years which should be interesting :wink: I'm not in Opal, but I think our buildings will be relatively close by ^_^

ohhh.. the grouping would be such a bummer...
so.. how do u know who you'll be living with..? chanced upon them?
i was hoping fb would tell me.. but i didn't find a relevant page.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by rah
ohhh.. the grouping would be such a bummer...
so.. how do u know who you'll be living with..? chanced upon them?
i was hoping fb would tell me.. but i didn't find a relevant page.

I was told when I was applying that the other rooms had been taken by 2nd years :smile:
And I know, the fb pages for Sheffield Uni seem to be pretty poor. I'm hoping more will spring up over the next few weeks!
Here's a new group on facebook someone made for people living in Opal 2. Hopefully it will get bigger http://www.facebook.com/groups/182467595151744/
Reply 49
Too bad there isn't one for Broad Lane Court yet.. Other than the 10/11 one that is.
Don't feel like making it myself, ah, the laziness!
Reply 50
I'd be happy with a general, active postgrad group tbh!
Reply 51
Original post by Rac92
I was told when I was applying that the other rooms had been taken by 2nd years :smile:
And I know, the fb pages for Sheffield Uni seem to be pretty poor. I'm hoping more will spring up over the next few weeks!

I'd hope so too!
Reply 52
Hey everyone,

Just got my accommodation letter today, I'll be in 22 Endcliffe Crescent. Anybody else gonna be living there? I'm starting an MPH in Int'l Dev in September.
It's not exactly what I had applied for but will make the best of it :smile:! If all fails, can I invite myself to the LOTR marathon?

See you all in Sept!!
Reply 53
Original post by vibrancy87
Hey everyone,

Just got my accommodation letter today, I'll be in 22 Endcliffe Crescent. Anybody else gonna be living there? I'm starting an MPH in Int'l Dev in September.
It's not exactly what I had applied for but will make the best of it :smile:! If all fails, can I invite myself to the LOTR marathon?

See you all in Sept!!

Endcliffe is quite far from us (I think? My knowledge of Sheffield isn't great ¬_¬) but by all means come and join us =D
Reply 54
:smile: I'm already loving the fact that more people are crazy enough to spend 10-12 hours rewatching movies
Reply 55
Original post by iris01
:smile: I'm already loving the fact that more people are crazy enough to spend 10-12 hours rewatching movies

So wanted to +rep this but it won't let me because you're apparently the last person I repped u_u

But yeah, loving it too!
Reply 56
haha, nice. I keep wanting to 'like' things. Facebook has brain washed me!
Reply 57
this might be useful for the city dwellers.. https://www.facebook.com/#!/CityCommunity
Reply 58
Doesn't mention Omnia but I'll 'like' it anyway.
Reply 59
Original post by Rac92
Doesn't mention Omnia but I'll 'like' it anyway.

this one's the closest to omnia so i guess its going to be your default community, rachel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending