The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah clothes are mad cheap in the states. I think my M&S chinos cost me more over here.

Yeah, I saw the rumor for that a few weeks ago. Looks frigging awesome. The peace walker addition is what I'm most excited about. That game ruled but had slightly gimpish controls on the PSP (still worked fine though). Shame I don't have a PS3.

Having completed subsistance/MGS2 in the past 12 months I'm less excited about that.
Original post by lekky
One of my old teachers funeral tomorrow, not sure whether to go? He taught me for 2 years and was a great guy, really it's thanks to him I got an A in maths, just don't know whether it's entirely appropriate as I only knew him in college.

You'll get all sorts at funerals. I would go if you want to, unless it's a close family funeral or something.
Reply 4862
Original post by RollerBall
Yeah clothes are mad cheap in the states. I think my M&S chinos cost me more over here.

Yeah, I saw the rumor for that a few weeks ago. Looks frigging awesome. The peace walker addition is what I'm most excited about. That game ruled but had slightly gimpish controls on the PSP (still worked fine though). Shame I don't have a PS3.

Having completed subsistance/MGS2 in the past 12 months I'm less excited about that.

haha I just got back from the states with a suitcase full of chinos and shirts for next year!
Original post by lekky
One of my old teachers funeral tomorrow, not sure whether to go? He taught me for 2 years and was a great guy, really it's thanks to him I got an A in maths, just don't know whether it's entirely appropriate as I only knew him in college.

Is it a big thing done by your school? If so, I would go. My awesome Chemistry teacher died when I was in 3rd year at uni, and the school organised a memorial service for him - the chapel was standing room only. He'd been my teacher for the best part of 6 years and we got on really well personally too, so there was no question of my not going, but there were loads of people there who hadn't even been taught by him.
This is a cool thread.
Reply 4865
Original post by Helenia
Is it a big thing done by your school? If so, I would go. My awesome Chemistry teacher died when I was in 3rd year at uni, and the school organised a memorial service for him - the chapel was standing room only. He'd been my teacher for the best part of 6 years and we got on really well personally too, so there was no question of my not going, but there were loads of people there who hadn't even been taught by him.

No it's not though I imagine lots of my teachers will be there. I went to a college and the funeral isn't actually in the same city. Me and a few of my friends have decided to go though & another teacher is giving us all a lift. He was a great guy.
Hmm. My friends are trying to convince me to get SCII now that I'm back home. Not sure if it will eat my time up when I go back to uni in a month. It's like £30 which is more than I will have spent on a game in AGES but I do have a £20 game voucher...
Reply 4867
Hmm. My friends are trying to convince me to get SCII now that I'm back home. Not sure if it will eat my time up when I go back to uni in a month. It's like £30 which is more than I will have spent on a game in AGES but I do have a £20 game voucher...

The money in the voucher obvs doesn't count. This is how I justify buying ridiculously expensive pairs of shoes :wink:
Original post by lekky
The money in the voucher obvs doesn't count. This is how I justify buying ridiculously expensive pairs of shoes :wink:

Haha. I'm always really stingy with vouchers and don't use them unless I am absolutely skint. Like now, I can afford SC2 without using the voucher so think I should just buy it and save the voucher for when I'm can't afford something normally.
Reply 4869
Original post by n1r4v
For those who work: what do you guys do for the 2-3 hours you have before sleep? It's annoying, it's not long enough to do anything substantial, but it's not short enough to just watch TV or something minor.

I'm a bit of a film geek, so watching a film (whilst having a beer and catching up with some mates on msn / facebook) definitely occupies the time. although these days i'm usually working in the evenings!
Reply 4870
Original post by n1r4v
For those who work: what do you guys do for the 2-3 hours you have before sleep? It's annoying, it's not long enough to do anything substantial, but it's not short enough to just watch TV or something minor.

I'm not sure I understand, do you mean what do I do when I get home from work before I go to bed?

Make plans with friends, go to the cinema, do some washing, ironing, cleaning, make lunch etc for the next day (if I'm feel generous make a packed lunch for everyone in the family), bum around on TSR, watch some TV, skype with other friends and.. it's amazing how much time facebook can kill.

Sometimes I finish at 1 which definitely has benefits despite the 5:30 start as I basically have the whole day left.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by n1r4v
Not a bad idea, I guess I could watch a film a day. I've also decided to start watching a TV series so maybe 2 in the evening

Going to choose between The Sopranos, The Wire and Dexter :holmes:

Choose Dexter. You will not be disappointed.
Original post by n1r4v

I have a terrible habit (if I'm working late) of staying up until the early hours of the day catching up on a bit of gaming/shows/forums/stuff and then sleeping till late.

That is assuming I have two evening shifts in a row. I have screwed myself over many times and gone to sleep at like 4am for a 9am start though, just because I've finished the night before at 11pm/12am.
Yeah, I live in the south. Smallish (Still like fourth highest population in Wales though) town called Cwmbran.

You can wear a black shirt/black trowsers number if you want to maintain the metalhead persona btw. Actually looks quite smart. Lose the band tees though:tongue:

That a proper valleys town then?

Didn't think this would be a good look, thought I'd look more like a cocktail waiter or something. Will probably get one black shirt just in case though, if I could pull it off it's good times.
Original post by Mushi_master
That a proper valleys town then?

Didn't think this would be a good look, thought I'd look more like a cocktail waiter or something. Will probably get one black shirt just in case though, if I could pull it off it's good times.

What about a dark blue w/ black trousers? Little less waiter'y.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
What about a dark blue w/ black trousers? Little less waiter'y.

Little less metal-y as well though :wink:

Tbh I'll probably end up doing that.
Little less metal-y as well though :wink:

Tbh I'll probably end up doing that.

Black pinstriped shirt's an option too with black trousers. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Original post by Stanley90
Black pinstriped shirt's an option too with black trousers. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Nah, don't like pinstripes.

Now if only they had black scrubs... :wink:
Nah, don't like pinstripes.

Now if only they had black scrubs... :wink:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20pinstripe%20shirt/choire/th_1272_black_l.jpg

And they probably don't have those because it would remind the patients of death if everyone was walking around in black scrubs :devil:
Original post by Stanley90
http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20pinstripe%20shirt/choire/th_1272_black_l.jpg

And they probably don't have those because it would remind the patients of death if everyone was walking around in black scrubs :devil:

Or ninjas.

Latest

Trending

Trending