University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Catherine13

My offer from Salford has turned into Unconditional now they have received my results.

Do I need to do anything else?
I know that I have also got enough to get into my insurance but I know I just want to go to Salford, so do I just leave it and just turn up to Salford in September now it says my place has been confirmed?

ooh congrats :biggrin: I was told the other day that mine is now unconditional after I went up to show my certificates. I would assume that once it's all updated on UCAS then you just decline your insurance and firm Salford if that's where you want to go. Then they will probs send a load of info in the post nearer the time as well. Although if it says your unconditional place is confirmed like in writing, then yeah should be all you need to do
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
My offer from Salford has turned into Unconditional now they have received my results.

Do I need to do anything else?
I know that I have also got enough to get into my insurance but I know I just want to go to Salford, so do I just leave it and just turn up to Salford in September now it says my place has been confirmed?

Congrats :top:

Not sure about your question though, if nobody else posts with the answer then maybe give UCAS a quick call, they'll be able to let you know if you need to do anything straight away.
Original post by alcazaba
Congrats :top:

Not sure about your question though, if nobody else posts with the answer then maybe give UCAS a quick call, they'll be able to let you know if you need to do anything straight away.

Thank you! :^_^:

Original post by geztival
ooh congrats :biggrin: I was told the other day that mine is now unconditional after I went up to show my certificates. I would assume that once it's all updated on UCAS then you just decline your insurance and firm Salford if that's where you want to go. Then they will probs send a load of info in the post nearer the time as well. Although if it says your unconditional place is confirmed like in writing, then yeah should be all you need to do

Thank you!
Thanks for the advice too, I just went onto decline my insurance but track is unavailable until the 4th. I'll just have to wait.

I don't know whether I'm more excited or nervous.
You just leave it now. I got an unconditional, and as soon as I accepted it as my firm, my insurance just fell away. You'll receive a confirmation letter just after results day and information about accommodation if you applied for it
Reply 124
i have already sent my documents but still didn't get an aswer... a bit worry about accomodation because i heard that it get's completely filled this year :/ i would like to live in castle irwell :smile:
I wouldn't worry. Everybody who accepts salford as a firm or insurance has to apply for accommodation, so come results day, when some people don't get in, or choose to accept their other choice, then there will be room made for people who can still go. I wouldn't let it panic you. Just sit back and relax. All will be fine!!
Reply 126

Thank you! Thanks for the advice too, I just went onto decline my insurance but track is unavailable until the 4th. I'll just have to wait.

I don't know whether I'm more excited or nervous.

I know! It's annoying that it's unavailable, I still need to actually firm my unconditional lol. The waiting game continues... :P

And be excited! It's gonna be a bit nerve wracking, but we're all in that same nervous boat with ya! haha. Exciting times! :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by Alex.Woolf

I wouldn't worry. Everybody who accepts salford as a firm or insurance has to apply for accommodation, so come results day, when some people don't get in, or choose to accept their other choice, then there will be room made for people who can still go. I wouldn't let it panic you. Just sit back and relax. All will be fine!!

thank you, i hope that everything gona be okay :smile:
And I looked on our union's website and the pub opens the day we move in, and the morning after, there is a tea and cake morning in the cafe. So if all else fails, there's drunkness, and cake! Brilliant!
Reply 129
and the morning after, there is a tea and cake morning in the cafe.

tea and cake! I'm there.
Original post by Jessmay1405

Original post by Jessmay1405
tea and cake! I'm there.

Jessica, you're not going to be in a fit enough state to make it to the cafe!
You will have brought the roof of constantine court crashing down the previous night!
Reply 131
Jessica, you're not going to be in a fit enough state to make it to the cafe!
You will have brought the roof of constantine court crashing down the previous night!

If you knew me at all you'd know, when cake is on offer I will be there! :tongue:
Reply 132
Just got an offer for accommodation on Bramall Court :smile:
Reply 133
Unconditional offer finally confirmed for Physics (with a year in North America). Would be cool to meet other people on this course/Physics on its own. :smile:

Also, applied for John Lester accommodation so most likely going there. :biggrin:

Hiya, I'm also hopefully starting here in Sept to study nursing :biggrin: Don't know about accommodation yet, I reckon they stick all us health care peeps in John Lester/Eddie Coleman...not too sure! :P Anyone else doing nursing at Salford feel free to say hi, or anyone else for that matter :biggrin:

hi im doing child nursing in september, well hopefully :smile: im in castle irwell though. which branch are you doing? :smile:
Reply 135
Original post by shannon rowlands

Original post by shannon rowlands
hi im doing child nursing in september, well hopefully :smile: im in castle irwell though. which branch are you doing? :smile:

Heyyy :smile: ooh child nursing cool, I'm doing mental health. I've applied for Castle Irwell as well as John Lester but I'm still torn over which to choose if I get offers for both. Maybe see you in Sept then :smile:
Reply 136
Hi, decided (VERY late I know) to apply for accomodation, but apparently everywhere but John Lester and Eddie Colman are full. What do people think about them? They seem to be mainly pitched at non-partying healthcare students - two catagories I don't fall into ;-)
Reply 137
And I looked on our union's website and the pub opens the day we move in, and the morning after, there is a tea and cake morning in the cafe. So if all else fails, there's drunkness, and cake! Brilliant!

Pub, tea and cake. I knew making friends with you was a good choice, Alex :wink:
Reply 138
Original post by DanWarbo

Original post by DanWarbo
Hi, decided (VERY late I know) to apply for accomodation, but apparently everywhere but John Lester and Eddie Colman are full. What do people think about them? They seem to be mainly pitched at non-partying healthcare students - two catagories I don't fall into ;-)

=O I resent that! I'll be a nursing student who wants to party ta very much :wink: haha. I've also heard that John Lester is pretty quiet and not the partying place though :/ It's in a handy location for stuff like train station, buses, shopping precinct and the Frederick Road campus etc
=O I resent that! I'll be a nursing student who wants to party ta very much :wink: haha. I've also heard that John Lester is pretty quiet and not the partying place though :/ It's in a handy location for stuff like train station, buses, shopping precinct and the Frederick Road campus etc

I'll jump to your defence Dan by saying trust me, I have lived with loads of nursing students and they are definitely NOT party animals! ''can you turn that down please?'' eurgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending