The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz

I heard your voice in the background when i called, assuming only two of you worked in the office :awesome:

Umm, more like 15:rolleyes: Takes a fair bit of effort housing 8000 people
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2601
Original post by accomoffice
Umm, more like 15:rolleyes: Takes a fair bit of effort housing 8000 people

:sad: so it wasn't you the Indian guy was asking about the room change? :facepalm:
Original post by dmz
:sad: so it wasn't you the Indian guy was asking about the room change? :facepalm:

Nope, fraid not.
Reply 2603
Original post by emilymay
I'd reccomend you phone and check! Mine had come out of the account but hadn't been linked as my accomodation deposit so it just went into the uni account as a 'donation' I managed to get it sorted today, you use the reference from the bank, or accom just used the names on the account to track it down and get it in the right place. But yeah if you haven't had an email definately check, it'll only take 2 mins and then you know for sure you haven't got anything to worry about :smile:

Ok thanks hun. I shall ring tomorrow morning. Quite worries now, but thanks :smile:
Reply 2604
Original post by emilymay
I'd reccomend you phone and check! Mine had come out of the account but hadn't been linked as my accomodation deposit so it just went into the uni account as a 'donation' I managed to get it sorted today, you use the reference from the bank, or accom just used the names on the account to track it down and get it in the right place. But yeah if you haven't had an email definately check, it'll only take 2 mins and then you know for sure you haven't got anything to worry about :smile:

Hold the phone.....it seems I have overlooked the email I have obvously read previously. Sorry to quote you again :smile:
I have an email which says

Thank you for your payment. Please make a note of the Transaction Reference number below, in case you need to query this transaction with The University of Leeds
Accommodation Deposit (GBP) : 200.00
Total Payment (GBP) : 200.00

Is this the confirmation email that you were talking about??
Original post by xspookshowbaby

Hey! Does anyone know much about oxley? I've been put there and don't really know much about it :smile:

Oxley is really nice, rooms a decent size, good kitchen, really peaceful quiet location... quite a way from uni, worth getting a bike or a bus pass. :smile:
Reply 2606
Original post by Lovin
Hold the phone.....it seems I have overlooked the email I have obvously read previously. Sorry to quote you again :smile:
I have an email which says

Is this the confirmation email that you were talking about??

yess thats the confirmation email.
Reply 2607
Original post by dni2011
yess thats the confirmation email.

Thank you :smile:

Good I have no need to worry now. :smile:
Reply 2608
accomoffice

Hiii, I'm an international unconditional and I haven't heard anything from the accommodation yet, other than the confirmation when I sent the application in.

Since I have to move out and cross borders and take care of things, I'd really like to know what my status is. Is there any way I can find out without ringing, because that would cost quite a lot and also I don't want to waste anyone's time.
Reply 2609
Original post by vief
Hiii, I'm an international unconditional and I haven't heard anything from the accommodation yet, other than the confirmation when I sent the application in.

Since I have to move out and cross borders and take care of things, I'd really like to know what my status is. Is there any way I can find out without ringing, because that would cost quite a lot and also I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Have you been unconditional all year or has your offer only recently become unconditional with the release of your IB results?
Original post by dmz
If anyone's interested in knowing their timetables
: http://webprod1.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/programmesearch.asp?Y=201112&T=S&L=UG

Woah, thanks for posting that. :awesome:

Remind me to rep you at some point. :sexface:
Original post by vief

Hi, if you PM me your name, I can check for you (it will have to be in the next couple of hours or I won't be able to find out until Monday)
However, if you only turned unconditional since about 15 July, then we will deal with you along with the conditional students after August 19
Original post by lovers in japan
Oxley is really nice, rooms a decent size, good kitchen, really peaceful quiet location... quite a way from uni, worth getting a bike or a bus pass. :smile:

Thanks! Think I'm going to visit it on wednesday :smile: did you live there in your first year? xx
Reply 2613
Hey! Does anyone know much about oxley? I've been put there and don't really know much about it :smile:

What room have you been given? I'm in Oxley House. :biggrin:
Reply 2614
Hi, if you PM me your name, I can check for you (it will have to be in the next couple of hours or I won't be able to find out until Monday)
However, if you only turned unconditional since about 15 July, then we will deal with you along with the conditional students after August 19

Are we allowed to visit accommodations?
Reply 2615
Don't know if anyone's posted this already but thats the link to the fb flatmate finder:
http://www.facebook.com/LeedsStudentFlatMateFinder2011
There doesn't seem to be too many people on there at the minute!
Original post by dmz
Are we allowed to visit accommodations?

You can certainly go along and have a look from the outside but there's no guarantee there'll be anyone to show you around because over the summer is when the staff are trying to get everything for September. And I don't think you'd even be able to get into The Tannery - because of all the works that are going on, it's probably been handed over to the contractors who won't let people in because of health and safety stuff.
Reply 2617
You can certainly go along and have a look from the outside but there's no guarantee there'll be anyone to show you around because over the summer is when the staff are trying to get everything for September. And I don't think you'd even be able to get into The Tannery - because of all the works that are going on, it's probably been handed over to the contractors who won't let people in because of health and safety stuff.

aw cool, it'd be nice not to know everything regarding the accommodation before i actually get there anyway. Thanks
Reply 2618
I have just found something rather interesting on facebook. I don't know how many people know about this but to all those reading ::

Flat Mate Finders
You Basically click on the residence you want, click the block and post your flat number :smile: Seems like a really clever idea to help you start talking to your flat mates before you go. Break the Ice so to speak.

Self Catering

Lupton
Leodis
Oxley
The Tannery
Clarence Dock
Bodington Hall
Devonshire Hall
Grayson Heights
Henry Price
James Baillie
Montague Burton
North Hill Court
Sentinel Towers
St Marks

Catered Accomodation

Charles Morris
Ellerslie Hall
Lyddon Hall

I'll post this in a seperate thread so It's easier to find. :smile:
Hope this helps anyone find their flat mates :smile:
Reply 2619
Original post by Lovin
I have just found something rather interesting on facebook. I don't know how many people know about this but to all those reading ::

Flat Mate Finders
You Basically click on the residence you want, click the block and post your flat number :smile: Seems like a really clever idea to help you start talking to your flat mates before you go. Break the Ice so to speak.

Self Catering

Lupton
Leodis
Oxley
The Tannery
Clarence Dock
Bodington Hall
Devonshire Hall
Grayson Heights
Henry Price
James Baillie
Montague Burton