The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Or ninjas.

Ha yeah gud1 :biggrin: Either one would work with a bloodstained surgeon coming fresh out of an operation.
Alas, being being affectionately known as Dr Death has always been a pipedream... :wink:
Original post by Stanley90
http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20pinstripe%20shirt/choire/th_1272_black_l.jpg

And they probably don't have those because it would remind the patients of death if everyone was walking around in black scrubs :devil:

Actually I take it back, that shirt's pretty swish.

Not sure patients would appreciate the Angel of Death irony with the scrubs though :frown:
Lord, what's gone on in my absence...the current medical students thread is invaded with "prefreshers"!

P.S. the above shirt will make you look like you just rolled out of Oceana into hospital. Do everyone a favour and dress professionally for hospital, a la http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/MensAllShirts/MensAllShirts,en_GB,sc.html
Original post by digitalis
Lord, what's gone on in my absence...the current medical students thread is invaded with "prefreshers"!

P.S. the above shirt will make you look like you just rolled out of Oceana into hospital. Do everyone a favour and dress professionally for hospital, a la http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/MensAllShirts/MensAllShirts,en_GB,sc.html

I've been telling them where to go naturally.

Don't worry I am of course speaking in jest, of course I'll be dressing professionally!
Original post by Mushi_master
I've been telling them where to go naturally.

Good man!
Good man!

Oh and welcome back by the way!
Standards are slipping!

All these random non medics and 'prefreshers' posting in here! Take that "I hate uni" thread, has a SALT student and a random BSc Scientist posting in it.....:rolleyes:
Standards are slipping!

All these random non medics and 'prefreshers' posting in here! Take that "I hate uni" thread, has a SALT student and a random BSc Scientist posting in it.....:rolleyes:

Have you done the exam already?

I hope you're not procrastinating!!
Original post by Mushi_master
That a proper valleys town then?

Didn't think this would be a good look, thought I'd look more like a cocktail waiter or something. Will probably get one black shirt just in case though, if I could pull it off it's good times.

Not really, hence I've lost most of my Welsh accent growing up. I originally lived in Merthyr Tydfil which was a proper valleys town, I moved out when I was ~7-8 though.

Cwmbran is in the valleys (Cwmbran literally means vally of the crow) but it doesn't hold much of an accent.
Yawn. Message understood.
Original post by Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Have you done the exam already?

I hope you're not procrastinating!!

Yah max procrastination actually. Vitamins and GI physiology is killing me.
Original post by RollerBall
Not really, hence I've lost most of my Welsh accent growing up. I originally lived in Merthyr Tydfil which was a proper valleys town, I moved out when I was ~7-8 though.

Cwmbran is in the valleys (Cwmbran literally means vally of the crow) but it doesn't hold much of an accent.

Don't lie! You are proper welsh. You say 'earrr instead of here!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/black%20pinstripe%20shirt/choire/th_1272_black_l.jpg

And they probably don't have those because it would remind the patients of death if everyone was walking around in black scrubs :devil:

LMAO I'm sure lemon is facepalming at this choice of shirt, the fashionista that he is.
I do note some good changes though, I like the new bolded medicine wiki thing at the head of the page and the main forum seems well moderated.

But the best is......SPLITTING OF H&R INTO SEXY HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH hallelujah!
Yah max procrastination actually. Vitamins and GI physiology is killing me.

Leave TSR to us until it's all over man! Then you can purge all the prefreshers you like haha,

now back to work!
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Yawn. Message understood.

Lulwut?

Original post by Isometrix
LMAO I'm sure lemon is facepalming at this choice of shirt, the fashionista that he is.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that shirt. We're lucky, as males no one takes notice of what we're wearing as long as it's a shirt and trousers. Past that, no one gives a ****. As long as it doesn't register on people's radars for the wrong reasons you can wear what you want. Obviously as a medical student there's limits you can't transgress but that shirt isn't one of them :P I've seen a consultant wearing sock-less boatshoes. Yes, sock-less boatshoes. One of my GPs wears jeans with a shirt. But the common theme between these two is they're good doctors and patients love them. I'd prefer a doctor wearing shorts who listened to one wearing D&G who was dismissive.

EDIT: and btw I wore that shirt with a plain black tie and black trousers one time on a placement and got 2 compliments, it actually looks quite nice. That's a good radar registering right there.
(edited 12 years ago)
We're lucky, as males no one takes notice of what we're wearing as long as it's a shirt and trousers.

EDIT: and btw I wore that shirt with a plain black tie and black trousers one time on a placement and got 2 compliments, it actually looks quite nice. That's a good radar registering right there.

Yeah, course they don't....:rolleyes: I'm sure all the old ladies who still dress up to go see their GP notice exactly what everyone is wearing. If you think no-one notices or cares about what you wear, think again. They may not say anything, but it is noticed. Dress for your majority patient population, i.e. the > 60s. Leave the fashion at home or for Oceana. Bare below the elbows and the abandonment of the white coat shouldn't = sloppy appearance.

All black? Were you going for the ninja look or something?
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, course they don't....:rolleyes: I'm sure all the old ladies who still dress up to go see their GP notice exactly what everyone is wearing. If you think no-one notices or cares about what you wear, think again. They may not say anything, but it is noticed. Dress for your majority patient population, i.e. the > 60s. Leave the fashion at home or for Oceana. Bare below the elbows and the abandonment of the white coat shouldn't = sloppy appearance.

All black? Were you going for the ninja look or something?

lol not at all bro, I think black just looks good on me (I've got a tanned complexion though). But that was the only time I wore that as I was weirded out by the compliments.

I didn't say you could be sloppy but as long as nothing is wrong with what you're wearing no one will notice. I realise the older population will care about appearance to an extent, but I also think that these days people are generally much more concerned about the quality of care they receive and as such pay more attention to the doctor's mannerisms and overall rapport with them (does he/she listen/allow them to speak etc).

Also, I think the same way a patient would notice a sloppily-dressed doctor, they would probably also notice the opposite extreme. So it's important to not be overdressed either as this could be distracting to the patient.

Latest

Trending

Trending