The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Accommodation at Sheffield Hallam! Help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosemariej2010
Hello yes i have heard from vic hall. i am a returning student though don't no if that differs in their eyes from unconditional xx

lucky you! im still waiting lol :/ hopefully mine will come soon!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by nikki-jones2009
lucky you! im still waiting lol :/ hopefully mine will come soon!

im still waiting for mine:frown:
Original post by thenubreed
im still waiting for mine:frown:

boo..when did u apply? i applied end of march :frown:
boo..when did u apply? i applied end of march :frown:

applied the first day the online application form was working and had an uncontional offer which i made my fiirm choice around about the same time. also scanned and emailed a copy of my SRF with my grades for Engineering BTEC about 3 weeks ago and i have still heard nothing. if i dont get my first or second chocie im going to be complaining to them because this is getting beyond a joke.
I phoned up accommodation services about 20 mins ago to make an enquiry but it went straight to answer phone so i left a message. lets just see if they will even bother calling back.
(edited 12 years ago)
applied the first day the online application form was working and had an uncontional offer which i made my fiirm choice around about the same time. also scanned and emailed a copy of my SRF with my grades for Engineering BTEC about 3 weeks ago and i have still heard nothing. if i dont get my first or second chocie im going to be complaining to them because this is getting beyond a joke.
I phoned up accommodation services about 20 mins ago to make an enquiry but it went straight to answer phone so i left a message. lets just see if they will even bother calling back.

it really is taking the piss! because if we don't want we we get given; were pretty much stuck! as most of the private halls are now already full! piss take are hallam! especially when a levels are nearly out!
it really is taking the piss! because if we don't want we we get given; were pretty much stuck! as most of the private halls are now already full! piss take are hallam! especially when a levels are nearly out!

accommodation services phoned me back, i explained the situation and they told me it will be 100% within the next 2 weeks
(edited 12 years ago)
accommodation services phones me back and i explained the situation and they told me it will be 100% within the next 2 weeks

2 weeks is still fuking long. if you look at posts from last year...they started getting their accom in june!!
2 weeks is still fuking long. if you look at posts from last year...they started getting their accom in june!!

yeh i know, i guess theres nothing we can really do apart from wait! i was hoping we would know earlier because i was planning on arranging a date where i can take my parents there with me to view the accommodation they allocated.
Reply 268
Processing, thank god! Sorry Nikki, yours should be soon though now mine has turned.

Hopefully I'll get a cheap room because my bursary is less than I expected. As long as it's less than 4k I'll be happy. Oh and if it's Viccy Halls :smile:
Original post by _Mazza_
Processing, thank god! Sorry Nikki, yours should be soon though now mine has turned.

Hopefully I'll get a cheap room because my bursary is less than I expected. As long as it's less than 4k I'll be happy. Oh and if it's Viccy Halls :smile:

when did you apply?
Reply 270
got my offer and contracts through at last today!

got my first choice which was charlotte court, im a returning undergraduate

changed to processing on tuesday 2nd, letter is dated 3rd, they sent it first class and I only got it this morning (5th). the letter also states all of it needs to be returned within 7 days which is annoying as it has fallen on a weekend so im going to be cutting it finer than i'd like

if anyone wants to be really organised make sure you got a passport size photo ready and all your bank details and stuff ready to go.
Reply 271
Processing!!! :biggrin: finally :biggrin:
Reply 272
Changed to Processing, applied on 22/02/11 for Victoria halls so hopefully should get the contracts next week
ughh i feel depressed :frown: everyone is getting processed lol
ughh i feel depressed :frown: everyone is getting processed lol

When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by Laharll
the letter also states all of it needs to be returned within 7 days.

Well this is annoying, I still haven't received mine, hell it hasn't even changed to processing and I'm going on holiday from the 11th august until the 28th...

Any suggestions as to what to do, shall I ring up or?
Original post by Mattyrewls22
When did you apply? :smile:

end of march :smile:
Original post by wangelo
Well this is annoying, I still haven't received mine, hell it hasn't even changed to processing and I'm going on holiday from the 11th august until the 28th...

Any suggestions as to what to do, shall I ring up or?

ring them up...otherwise you will most prob loose your room

I applied at the beginning of April, so I assume they're doing it in order of applying... let's hope we're allocated before results day! :/
Reply 279

End of march? I applied at the end of February. Oh well guess ill ring them on Monday and hope they can sort something. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending