The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
Production meeting, day one:

Nolan: "Now, an important thing to bear in mind at all times is to try and make this relatable for the audience. Yes, we're introducing a fantastical idea, but how would that fit into our world? How would the criminals, the police and the media act? We need to bridge the gap between fantasy and reality. How do you think we could go about doing this?"
Snyder: "With Slow-Mo!"

:laugh:
Reply 3721
Production meeting, day one:

Nolan: "Now, an important thing to bear in mind at all times is to try and make this relatable for the audience. Yes, we're introducing a fantastical idea, but how would that fit into our world? How would the criminals, the police and the media act? We need to bridge the gap between fantasy and reality. How do you think we could go about doing this?"
Snyder: "With Slow-Mo!"

:rofl2: Brilliant!
First Selina 'Not-calling-her-Catwoman' Kyle pic : http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50694

Fanboy snap judgement time!
Reply 3723
Original post by Christien
First Selina 'Not-calling-her-Catwoman' Kyle pic : http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50694

Isn't that Batman's bike? :hmmmm:
Reply 3724
Original post by channy
Fitness

:confused:
Reply 3725
I will definitely sit down and watch a movie tonight. It's been much too long. :ashamed2:
I watched Robocop last night :proud:
Original post by Christien

Not bad! It's far removed from the cringe-worthy Halle Berry Catwoman.
Reply 3728
It's all about this Catwoman tbh! Pfeiffer for the win. :awesome:

Original post by Jace Falco
I watched Robocop last night :proud:

was it on TV?

I must have seen that film 50 times this year, lol. It has been in my laptop DVD drive for a few months and I put it on nearly every morning while having breakfast.

Herlp meeeee...
:zomg: Don't touch me, maaaaannn!!"
Original post by noggins
was it on TV?

I must have seen that film 50 times this year, lol. It has been in my laptop DVD drive for a few months and I put it on nearly every morning while having breakfast.

Herlp meeeee...
:zomg: Don't touch me, maaaaannn!!"

I have it on my laptop.
Just re-watched Once Upon A Time In The West. Heard it being mentioned a while back and thought it had been a good few years since my last watch. Was also in a Western mood. I don't think I appreciated how ****ing good the film was a few years ago. I now stand with this probably being my favourite Western. It's probably the best one ever made, it's certainly up there amongst the best. Masterpiece. Sergio Leone :coma:

Spoiler

Reply 3732
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Just re-watched Once Upon A Time In The West. Heard it being mentioned a while back and thought it had been a good few years since my last watch. Was also in a Western mood. I don't think I appreciated how ****ing good the film was a few years ago. I now stand with this probably being my favourite Western. It's probably the best one ever made, it's certainly up there amongst the best. Masterpiece. Sergio Leone :coma:

Spoiler

Hmm seems like my kind of film, Western films are probably the genre I have watched least, and the only classic one I've seen is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. I don't actually think I've seen more than 4/5 westerns unless films like Shanghai Noon count :ninja:

I watched Source Code last night, I really enjoyed it to my surprise. Do you guys reckon they'll be more films with this same concept? After the revelation at the end of the film I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Edit: And I also couldn't decide who I found hotter, Michelle Monaghan or Vera Farmiga :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

****ing yes. Adore that film. You know the bit right at the beginning, where the guy traps the fly with his gun? That was entirely real, and ad hoc.
Super 8 manages to blend the best of Spielberg with the best of Abrams. A really impressive film, with a real old-school vibe that few are made like now.
Reply 3735
Watched Made in Dagenham. It's quite fun, but I thought it could have done with a little more gravity/intellect and realism.
Fact that i rolled out last time it was mentioned.

In Germany, 'Made in Dagenham' was released as 'We want sex!'
Reply 3737
Original post by cambo211
Fact that i rolled out last time it was mentioned.

In Germany, 'Made in Dagenham' was released as 'We want sex!'

That was also the initial title of the film. :yep:

Can't think why they changed it back just for Germany, though. :hmmmm:
I really enjoyed Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which really surprised me. A word of caution: this film is marketed very badly, to the point that it's misleading and will probably generate quite a bit of backlash from audiences. If you go expecting a mindless action flick of apes wrecking ****, that is categorically not what 80% of the film is.
Reply 3739
I really enjoyed Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which really surprised me. A word of caution: this film is marketed very badly, to the point that it's misleading and will probably generate quite a bit of backlash from audiences. If you go expecting a mindless action flick of apes wrecking ****, that is categorically not what 80% of the film is.

It's a prequel to the Planet of the Apes universe, i.e. how it developed into that PotA universe. Anyone who went in expecting mindless Ape-based carnage on the basis of the trailer's many fight sequences should hand their head in shame, tbh.

Jace Falco
x

:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending