Reply 1401
Original post by zxh800
14 Days....

Original post by boromir9111
2 weeks......

Seems like someone's on a negging spree :u:
Reply 1402
Original post by Groat
Yeah, that has definitely been the case with a few negatives I've been given!

When you get back, find out who negged that post :tongue:
Reply 1403
Original post by Tateco

Neggers neg away. The more the merrier. It doesn't affect me.
Original post by Tateco

Yeah. I just negged you now :h:
Reply 1405
Original post by boromir9111
Yeah. I just negged you now :h:

Nice
Reply 1406
Finished the Undercover Economist, now starting on the Armchair Economist. My current book doesn't quite contain the economic depth I thought, but still seems like a good read :smile:
Reply 1407
So how many books has everyone read? I haven't read so far but I've reserved a couple at the local library.
Original post by Hemzo
Finished the Undercover Economist, now starting on the Armchair Economist. My current book doesn't quite contain the economic depth I thought, but still seems like a good read :smile:

I'm thinking of getting the Armchair Economist, how much did you get it for? :smile:

Edit: Sorry I offended someone :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1409
Original post by Hemzo

I liked that book :smile: I'm reading the Truth about Markets by John Kay at the moment, pretty good but more of a textbook style as it doesn't read very well

P.S. I pos repped you to make up for the uncalled-for neg :tongue:
Reply 1410
Original post by zxh800
So how many books has everyone read? I haven't read so far but I've reserved a couple at the local library.

This summer. None :colondollar: But I've probably read about 5 economics books in total over time :tongue: (Which isn't bad considering I don't read. ever.)
Reply 1411
Original post by zxh800

Just the one so far, hopefully I'll finish 2 by the end of summer :tongue:

Original post by jamiepango
I'm thinking of getting the Armchair Economist, how much did you get it for? :smile:

Don't get where all the stupid negs are coming from.. But it's relatively cheap on amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1847395252/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1312623582&sr=8-1&condition=new
Kinda weird.. It's cheaper to buy it brand new than used :tongue:

Original post by Tateco
I liked that book :smile: I'm reading the Truth about Markets by John Kay at the moment, pretty good but more of a textbook style as it doesn't read very well

Thanks and I've got that book lying around somewhere, I've heard Peter Kay knows what he's talking about :smile:
Reply 1412
Original post by jamiepango

You probably didn't people are negging for the hell of it on this thread :|
Reply 1413
Original post by Hemzo
Just the one so far, hopefully I'll finish 2 by the end of summer :tongue:

Don't get where all the stupid negs are coming from.. But it's relatively cheap on amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1847395252/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1312623582&sr=8-1&condition=new
Kinda weird.. It's cheaper to buy it brand new than used :tongue:

Thanks and I've got that book lying around somewhere, I've heard Peter Kay knows what he's talking about :smile:

Peter Kay? :wink:
Original post by zxh800

Read about 6 or 7 atm. Got a few more I'm getting through. Atm reading "The World we're in" by Will Hutton.

Original post by Tateco

Yeah I read that at the start of Year 12 so it was really good then. Explained everything in a simple way and went into more depth than at school. Still a fair few good ideas in that book.
Ah I just got my dates for my German Abitur examinations in January and June. It is exactly on the same dates as the A Level Further Maths units... So I won't be able to take them since my Abitur is way more important and the A Level examination centre is in southern Germany and I live in northern Germany. That really sucks... :frown: Should I let my referee mention it so that the Unis know that I was willing to take them but just couldn't?
Original post by nightmare91
Ah I just got my dates for my German Abitur examinations in January and June. It is exactly on the same dates as the A Level Further Maths units... So I won't be able to take them since my Abitur is way more important and the A Level examination centre is in southern Germany and I live in northern Germany. That really sucks... :frown: Should I let my referee mention it so that the Unis know that I was willing to take them but just couldn't?

Wow that's unlucky dude :eek: You should definitely get your referee to mention it :smile: But surely you should be able to take them in june if it clashes in jan or does it clash in BOTH jan and june :confused: That would be very unfortunate...
Original post by Tateco

Truth About Markets author...
Reply 1418
Original post by Tateco

hahaha my bad! Very easy to get the two mixed up :tongue:

Certainly has the look of an economist :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1419
I like this thread :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)