The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

I knew the answer would be

Spoiler

I'm hoping since I registered on day 1 that I'll be one of the first to get the welcome letter. I'VE WAITED A WEEK. So impatient.
I know this is really bad but I just got on and made accounts for both my brothers. I can't believe it lasts as long as it does tbh, I thought it would be gone as soon as it was put up really. When I made mine it vanished a second after.
Reply 2442
Original post by -honeybee-
I know this is really bad but I just got on and made accounts for both my brothers. I can't believe it lasts as long as it does tbh, I thought it would be gone as soon as it was put up really. When I made mine it vanished a second after.

I made an account for my best friend considering that he's been working all week so hasn't been able to register. (And is actually on a late shift tonight so won't get home until 2am and he has to be back at work at 10am.)
So I made it for him using his details....

EDIT:

I do feel a bit guilty though.. I have a few accounts of my own as I made my first one with my yahoo email and then panicked because I remembered reading that people who signed up with a yahoo email didn't get the activation email... So I did another with with my gmail.. And then panicked because I didn't get an email for that one.. So made one with my hotmail...

And then all the activation emails for all my accounts turned up half an hour later.. And now I can't decide which username I like best.. :colondollar:

And I also made another account for my friend because I only have his yahoo email so panicked with that and made one using one of my junk emails just so I would know if the activation email did come through..

I'm a bad person..

I will delete the excess accounts once I figure out which username I like best...
(edited 12 years ago)
I made an account for myself on the first day and then made another one for a friend two days later. I don't think the friend wants her account though so I'm not really sure if I should keep it (I used my own email address) or just delete it. :s-smilie:. Would it be really bad to hold onto both of them until welcome letters are sent out?
such an easy clue haha. I signed up just to get another username as my current one is stupid, however again, it didn't provide me with a good one D:

also can't believe it took me 5 days to catch pottermore, now every time I go on the site, I seem to have the clue page.
Reply 2445
Original post by Debbie2709
I made an account for myself on the first day and then made another one for a friend two days later. I don't think the friend wants her account though so I'm not really sure if I should keep it (I used my own email address) or just delete it. :s-smilie:. Would it be really bad to hold onto both of them until welcome letters are sent out?

I am actually really, really tempted to do that with the extra accounts I have... They haven't said if it's people who registered on day 1 that will get access first or if it will be randomly selected...

I am a bad, bad person.. :sad: (TBF, I will probably delete the extra accounts once I've had all the usernames (I've forgotten them) emailed to each email address and then I can figure out which one I like most and delete the others.. :ahee: )

Just reading though the help section (don't ask why)...

"However, if your device does not support Flash (if it is an Apple device, for example) you can still enjoy all aspects of Pottermore with the exception of the Potions and Wizard’s Duel activities."

Potions?! Wizard's Duel?!

I am far too excited about this! :excited:
Original post by tillytots
such an easy clue haha. I signed up just to get another username as my current one is stupid, however again, it didn't provide me with a good one D:

My first selection was rubbish but I had one fairly ok one and its grown on me a bit. I've had some really good choices when I've went through registration for a laugh since though; like BloodUnicorn, RoseSparks, SunStorm, SilverRook, QuaffleSparks and YewBat.

EDIT: The very best one I've seen though: SandWitch :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hravan
I am far too excited about this!

I'm really excited too but I'm a bit wary of letting my expectations get too high. I hope they strike a good balance between the reading experience and the fun&games part. I've already read the books so if they emphasize them too much I'll be slightly disappointed. Can't wait for sorting though :biggrin:
I wish the clue would hurry up and be taken down though, I want to see what they're going to put up next!:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2447
Original post by Debbie2709
My first selection was rubbish but I had one fairly ok one and its grown on me a bit. I've had some really good choices when I've went through registration for a laugh since though; like BloodUnicorn, RoseSparks, SunStorm, SilverRook, QuaffleSparks and YewBat.

EDIT: The very best one I've seen though: SandWitch :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I want that!

The ones I have are MistUnicorn, MoonDust, YewSpell, HexSickle and ThornWolf...

And I don't know which one to keep :frown:

EDIT:

One I've just found... FeatherSeeker :lol:

SparksFloo.... :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Hravan
I want that!

The ones I have are MistUnicorn, MoonDust, YewSpell, HexSickle and ThornWolf...

And I don't know which one to keep :frown:

I like MoonDust. ThornWolf reminds me of something but I'm not sure what exactly....:confused:

FeatherSeeker is quite good too :biggrin:
Reply 2449
ShadowNettle...
Reply 2450
NightFeather210 ;-)
Reply 2451
Dream Spell. I got on it on day 3... I quite enjoyed levitating the magical quill :wink:
I've just got back into Harry Potter so haven't seen this one yet! :colondollar: I'm going to go soon though, but I've never watched at 3D film, so I'm not sure whether to watch this film in 2D or 3D...? What's difference and which (2D or 3D) do you recommend I watch? :tongue:
Original post by BloodyMary
I've just got back into Harry Potter so haven't seen this one yet! :colondollar: I'm going to go soon though, but I've never watched at 3D film, so I'm not sure whether to watch this film in 2D or 3D...? What's difference and which (2D or 3D) do you recommend I watch? :tongue:

:eek: I've seen it in both and probably preferred 2D. Don't know if it was just my cinema but the beginning was really dark and a bit jittery in 3D. After that there wasn't much difference... though I did get a bit shocked when something came out of the screen lol, might have been dementors?
Reply 2454
Original post by -honeybee-
:eek: I've seen it in both and probably preferred 2D. Don't know if it was just my cinema but the beginning was really dark and a bit jittery in 3D. After that there wasn't much difference... though I did get a bit shocked when something came out of the screen lol, might have been dementors?

Why did you watch it in both? Anyway, 3d is a bit of a money grabbing nuisance if you ask moi.

2D.

Cheaper, clearer and you don't need to wear stupid glasses.
Original post by lubus
Why did you watch it in both? Anyway, 3d is a bit of a money grabbing nuisance if you ask moi.

Cos I went twice - the first time with someone who wanted to watch it in 3D. I agree 2D was probably better, I don't like wearing the glasses.
Thanks -honeybee- and cambo211. Did anyone stay for the end credits? Does anything happen afterwards?
Reply 2458
how could they put an extra scene when j k rowling didnt exactly leave a cliffhanger? i didnt stay, but there was one after pirates of the carribean and, like the film, it was a huge let down... :frown:
Thanks -honeybee- and cambo211. Did anyone stay for the end credits? Does anything happen afterwards?

No I don't think so. I stayed for the credits once (long story, it's not something I usually do!) and didn't see anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending