The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official Rosebery thread thing 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Donnie-Brasco
Anyone knows what is the difference between the quality of the single rooms?

I am given these options and have no idea what to choose:

Single room price band A- £144.55
Single room price band B- £136.15
Single room price band C- £124.25
Single room price band D- £117.25

Hey,
I don't know officially, but if I go by how things have been done the past two years... the Myddleton wing is more expensive, and the basement of Rosebery wing is the least expensive. I think there's a slight price differential within the other floors in the Rosebery wing due to better furniture in some. Hope that helps!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
anyone offered a roseberry place willing to swap for my single shared bathroom at international hall?
Reply 82
I have a single High Holborn room and am looking for a single one in either Carr Saunders or Rosebery, is there anyone interested?!
Reply 83
Hi, anyone interested in swapping with me? I have a single room at the International Hall (catered meals, storage provided, shared bathroom with only 3 other residents). It's at 24.50pounds per night. I'd rather a LSE hall. Do let me know if you're interested!

Cheers!
Jane
Reply 84
Original post by alexia1

Original post by alexia1
I have a single High Holborn room and am looking for a single one in either Carr Saunders or Rosebery, is there anyone interested?!

I know someone with a CS shared but I'm guessing you want a single. Anyway if you change your mind or can't find a single do let me know if you're interested
Reply 85
I want to ask; how is the room size differ for price bands? and would it be small for a twin at the cheapest rate; ie 88.5 pound per week
Reply 86
Original post by west292
I want to ask; how is the room size differ for price bands? and would it be small for a twin at the cheapest rate; ie 88.5 pound per week

Hi,

Not sure if I fully understand your question, however £88.50 is a twin room. The twin rooms are double the size of single rooms. All single rooms are roughly the same size, although basement rooms seem to have higher ceilings.

For more detail on why there are price differentials in single rooms, scroll up a few posts earlier in this thread or take a look at the facebook page. Feel free to ask any further questions that haven't already been covered :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Caesar 09
I know someone with a CS shared but I'm guessing you want a single. Anyway if you change your mind or can't find a single do let me know if you're interested

You guessed right but thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 88
hey, this might be a bit of a long shot but I've got a Bankside single and was wondering if there was anyone with a Rosebery single who would want to swap? there's a chance my room will be en-suite, haven't found out yet!
Reply 89
Original post by Caesar 09

Hey, I'd be interested in a CS shared (I have a Passfield shared). Is the person you know a girl and are they still up for swapping? :smile:

To anyone else reading this, I'd also swap for anything in Rosebery or Carr-Saunders.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by onlyskin
hey, this might be a bit of a long shot but I've got a Bankside single and was wondering if there was anyone with a Rosebery single who would want to swap? there's a chance my room will be en-suite, haven't found out yet!

YES PLEASEEEE i've got a rosebery single and i reallly want an ensuite bankside single !!!!
Reply 91
Hey, does anyone have any information on this '£15 per week which can be spent in the Rosebery Restaurant on a "use it or loose it basis"??
When it says included in your fees, does this mean in the price of the room e.g £117 for Band D room and meal ticked or does it mean that £15 will be added to the £117 every week and taken out at the same time?
I hope that makes sense!
Original post by GeeDerrett
Hey, does anyone have any information on this '£15 per week which can be spent in the Rosebery Restaurant on a "use it or loose it basis"??
When it says included in your fees, does this mean in the price of the room e.g £117 for Band D room and meal ticked or does it mean that £15 will be added to the £117 every week and taken out at the same time?
I hope that makes sense!

I'm hoping it's the first and presuming that's what it is..Especially as the prices of the rooms have all been bumped up considerably. My best bet is £117 incl. £15 allowance. You confirmed your place? I've just paid the deposit..can't wait to move in!:biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by Chrisl12345
I'm hoping it's the first and presuming that's what it is..Especially as the prices of the rooms have all been bumped up considerably. My best bet is £117 incl. £15 allowance. You confirmed your place? I've just paid the deposit..can't wait to move in!:biggrin:

Hey Guys,

Good Q. Your rent includes the food allowance and it is on a "use it or lose it" basis. (So basically, stock up on non-perishables if you still have money left over at the end of the week. The canteen doesn't just sell cooked meals, you can also get snacks.)

Hope that helps!

Hollie
Reply 94
Original post by Chrisl12345

It looks like it is included thank God! It's a pretty good deal I think, basically four evening meals a week sorted! Yeah, I paid mine yesterday, didn't want to leave it too last minute! Just hoping now I get the band I specified! I can't wait either (apart from actually packing), really looking forward to Freshers :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Hollie -
Hey Guys,

Good Q. Your rent includes the food allowance and it is on a "use it or lose it" basis. (So basically, stock up on non-perishables if you still have money left over at the end of the week. The canteen doesn't just sell cooked meals, you can also get snacks.)

Hope that helps!

Hollie

That's great, thanks!
Out of curiosity, is there a freezer and oven in the kitchens?
I have been offered a space in a shared room at Rosebery. I would like to swap it for my own single room at Rosebery, Carr-Saunders, Sidney Webb, or even Bankside, Butler's or Lilian Knowles.

Please message me soon!
Reply 98
Original post by Michael XYZ
Out of curiosity, is there a freezer and oven in the kitchens?

There's a large freezer and a grill on each floor of the Rosebery Wing. As to the specifics of the difference between a grill and oven, have a flick through some of the earlier pages of this thread. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to expand on.
Original post by Hollie -
There's a large freezer and a grill on each floor of the Rosebery Wing. As to the specifics of the difference between a grill and oven, have a flick through some of the earlier pages of this thread. Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to expand on.

Read your post on the previous page.

So it's fine to use for frozen vegetables, chicken etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending